Thailand reports 1,871 new coronavirus cases, 10 new deaths

webfact

11 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

down to 1583 cases today (15+ deaths)

Where's the link?

xyuFSXIE_bigger.jpg

15 new #COVID19 deaths and 1,583 new infections recorded today, raising the cumulative total to 65,153. #ThaiPBSWorld #ThailandNews #ThailandUpdate

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

ASQ folks can not come and go at their will, they are not locked in their rooms, but then if they leave or walk out I have no idea of what the consequences would be.  If your in a hospital are you locked into your room there, I wouldn't think you would be.  A field hospital, of course you can not come and go, but then I am sure you can walk around and go to the bathroom, get food and water where it is provided, but as with anything you face prosecution according to reports of those not going to the field hospital, so why would you not be prosecuted if you left and started spreading the virus. Yes the Burmese workers were locked down and treated unlike a Thai citizen who had tested positive.  They were treated inhumanely in my book.

"They were treated inhumanely in my book."  Yes, I agree, but if they were in the country illegally, they should be in jail. IMO, anyone who is in any country in the world illegally, they deserve to be jailed, then deported.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

What you are saying is that it’s possible for an epidemic to surge out of control, but without the public seeing more than just a couple thousand cases a day.

Yep that's what I'm thinking. Asymptomatic cases would be out of control by now. While the vaccine deliveries are months away the figures will be kept much lower being vetted by the government before there published for obvious reasons. Hope for the best plan for the worst case scenario. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

Yep that's what I'm thinking. Asymptomatic cases would be out of control by now. While the vaccine deliveries are months away the figures will be kept much lower being vetted by the government before there published for obvious reasons. Hope for the best plan for the worst case scenario. 

Do you believe that the provinces are also keeping the numbers low, for the same reasons?

If keeping the numbers low is going on, why would the government accuse 12 labs of withholding positive results?

1 minute ago, mick01827 said:

In the UK the media are reporting that there is a Brazilian variant, a South African variant oh and dont forget the kent variant and in Brazil they're being told they have the UK variant. 

Hope they spell Kent correctly

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

What ever substance you are using time to stop it, its affecting your thinking.????????????????????

It was intended as sarcasm but possibly some posters missed the obvious.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Course Changed! Government says private sector has no need to order vaccines

Thailand’s government, through the Thai Chamber of Commerce, said late Wednesday that the private sector and hospital groups have no need to order vaccines on their own as the government would be able to provide for all vaccine needs.

The government clarified this on Thursday. The statement from the Thai Chamber of Commerce is only meant to refer to private business procuring their own vaccines.  Private hospitals are still being encouraged to procure their own vaccines to supplement the government's efforts.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, Danderman123 said:

Do you believe that the provinces are also keeping the numbers low, for the same reasons?

If keeping the numbers low is going on, why would the government accuse 12 labs of withholding positive results?

Well as you may know the best way to defend is to attack. So this being a government run my the military its in the play book rule number one. 

• Confused 1