Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

48 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Don't give up, I didn't get my appointment via Intervac till the 4th day!

JingThing is referring to Phyathai Hospital's registration for limited AZ vaccinations that start on 23 July.

InterVac and Intervac/Expat are dead horses!  Nobody has been able to use those sites for weeks.  The CCSA formerly announced they were failed registration schemes.

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

JingThing is referring to Phyathai Hospital's registration for limited AZ vaccinations that start on 23 July.

InterVac and Intervac/Expat are dead horses!  Nobody has been able to use those sites for weeks.  The CCSA formerly announced they were failed registration schemes.

I know he is & as you can see from my comments of the last week I am fully aware that the Pyathai registration system is an entirely separate one from the Intervac one, indeed one of my first comments was that was likely a good thing. My post was actually intended to compare my experience of plugging away on the previous system fir 3 days before succeeding on the fourth, as he had just missed out on his third try.

• Like 2

I see some people here worried about not having a pink ID card to register for these vaccines online. The number on these cards is your tax ID, so it would be much simpler/faster going to the tax office to get a number and using that.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I know he is & as you can see from my comments of the last week I am fully aware that the Pyathai registration system is an entirely separate one from the Intervac one, indeed one of my first comments was that was likely a good thing. My post was actually intended to compare my experience of plugging away on the previous system fir 3 days before succeeding on the fourth, as he had just missed out on his third try.

Well that was not clear from your specific post that I replied to.  it sounded like you were encouraging him to use InterVac, so I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with you previous post and didn't understand what you were really saying.

Fact is, I agree with what you say 100%.  The only way a foreigner can presently get registered for vaccination is through monumental diligence and not giving up.  Some of us have been trying to do this since late May, and been unsuccessful despite extraordinary efforts.  For many who have actually succeeded, luck was a necessary ingredients, along with perseverance and not giving up.  It really should not be that way, but it is what it is.

Edited by WaveHunter

45 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The number on these cards is your tax ID, so it would be much simpler/faster going to the tax office to get a number and using that.

Useful information, thanks. I don't have a pink ID but I do have the yellow tax ID card, a relic from the old days when interest rates were high enough that it was worth jumping through the hoops to claim the withholding tax back. It is indeed a 13-digit number, so it appears that I have a Thai ID number, and I never knew it!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

I've ordered a pack of N95 face masks from Lazada which should cut the risk compared with the usual blue three-layer version I wear. I've been told to go to the Vaccine Service Centre of the 8th Floor of Building B, which sounds like it will be easy to find. Is it farang-friendly, as in English signs and English speakers if you have questions?

Here is the Google map link, but just to be sure (since there is more than one Phyathai hospital in Bangkok), I asked for clarification by email and will report if anything is different.

https://goo.gl/maps/TUZUmJ5QjYb4bjaQ9

Edited by WaveHunter

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This morning, unlike the past two days, I didn't even get to the point where I could load and fill in the google form.

At 9:02 it still had the full bookings message.

At 9:09 I finally got to a page where I was prompted to load the google form. 

Had to do a not a robot.

Then a message, not accepting any new forms. Full. So there was no step of filling it out.

I was so totally ready to zip through the form fill out but that doesn't work if you never make it to the form. 

GAME OVER DAY THREE

Don't give up hope, @Jingthing. One of the people who's posted here failed yesterday but he succeeded this morning, I'm glad to say. It's a matter of luck and perseverance. You've clearly got plenty of the latter, you just need some luck tomorrow or Friday morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Here is the Google map link, but just to be sure (since there is more than one Phyathai hospital in Bangkok), I asked for clarification by email and will report if anything is different.

https://goo.gl/maps/TUZUmJ5QjYb4bjaQ9

I received a reply from Phyathai:

Phyathai 2 Hospital is located at 943 Phaholyothin Road, Phyathai, Bangkok. It is located near BTS Sanampao Station, the patient can visit our hospital via BTS Sky Train; get off at Sanam Pao station (take Exit no.1 then turn left and go straight for approximately 150 meters, the hospital will be on your right hand side).

Here is the picture map they sent me (click to enlarge):

As stated in the text message, it is Bldg B, Floor 8 for the Vaccine Service Center.

Map-Inter.thumb.jpg.de06a7f6fd55afc170d8255131c766b1.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Don't give up hope, @Jingthing. One of the people who's posted here failed yesterday but he succeeded this morning, I'm glad to say. It's a matter of luck and perseverance. You've clearly got plenty of the latter, you just need some luck tomorrow or Friday morning.

@Jingthing I will attribute today's registration success to tips from other.s and my cheat sheet. Thanks to your posting of the form questions, I wrote out a cheat sheet, with answers in column format. I used the smallest number of keystrokes for each answer. IOW, don't get fancy with the address, for example. Just the basics. 

By doing the cheat sheet, it helped me to remember most of the answers without consulting the sheet. It also helps you know when to stop and no need to scroll because once you write "none" for organization and organization type, hit that submit button pronto! Don't proof it. That's valuable time. Seems to me you write with very few typos anyway. 

Good luck tomorrow! 

PS: The last item after organization type is the mysterious Option 1 button. That's what I saw this morning on the form. What it's for I have no idea. Anyway, I clicked it. Then hit submit.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More detail

Who said I'm giving up hope? 

I've got two more chances at the current Phyathai 2 lottery game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Well that was not clear from your specific post that I replied to.  it sounded like you were encouraging him to use InterVac, so I'm sorry I wasn't familiar with you previous post and didn't understand what you were really saying.

Fact is, I agree with what you say 100%.  The only way a foreigner can presently get registered for vaccination is through monumental diligence and not giving up.  Some of us have been trying to do this since late May, and been unsuccessful despite extraordinary efforts.  For many who have actually succeeded, luck was a necessary ingredients, along with perseverance and not giving up.  It really should not be that way, but it is what it is.

The thing is, in a single sentence message of encouragement you cant include a thesis explaining every nuance or interpretation, others might read into a one sentence post.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

because once you write "none" for organization and organization type

No need to enter anything in those fields, I just left them blank. There we go, that's another 0.5 seconds saved, lol!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

The thing is, in a single sentence message of encouragement you cant include a thesis explaining every nuance or interpretation, others might read into a one sentence post.

Sure, I understand.  I wasn't trying to jump all over you.  Sorry if I came off that way.  It's just that there are so many people leading others astray on this thread with misinformation, I guess I kind of jumped the gun and made a bad assumption...so sorry about that.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

No need to enter anything in those fields, I just left them blank. There we go, that's another 0.5 seconds saved, lol!

Actually if anyone is interested those two fields about organizations are artifacts from the InterVac site when it was set up for diplomats, teachers, etc.  I typed in "none" but leaving them blank was wiser since you never know...that "0.5 seconds saved" may have been the difference between success and failure for you!  How silly it is that we have to play such games of chance just to get vaccinated LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

Whoa! I'm in. Phyathai vaccine appointment set for July 21, at 2 pm. SMS just arrived, at 5:06 pm. I can hardly believe it. Yes, it IS like winning a lottery.

Same wording in SMS as WaveHunter's image posted above, including the same time. Oddly enough, two days before his slot. Must have been a cancellation. 

Very impressed with this hospital's organization. 

Yahoo! This finally presents some clarity over the next 3 months, post second shot.

Best of luck everyone.

23 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Well why don't you inform us of all the wonderful things you can do with a Pink card that make it indispensable for an expat who already has a Thai driver's license (which most long-term expats already have), instead of hurling personal insults?

Sorry if this reply don't pertain to this thread more than I reported on June 7.  Success with Mor Prom and vaccination jab 1, and also appointment for the second jab August 31.

This is my experience what you can do with the Pink Card. And is seem to be accepted more and more as times go by. Local discrepancies might occur...

• Admission fees for national parks, theme parks other attractions like museum's same as a Thai.
  • Retirement discount where it's applicable. Restaurant's, Travel
  • ID instead of passport:  at banks, Domestic travel (flights), Phone Carriers like TRUE DTAC AIS, Hotel reservations ,check in.  etc.
  • No need for Residence Certificate from Immigration , support document at visa extensions, booking appointment's at hospitals etc. 
  • Renewal of Drivers license at DLT and you get the ID number on the license.
  • I also use it when Thai people need name and address (easy to read and write for them)

Im sure there are even more applications. Trust me it works.

I never carry my Passport at home any more, only the ID and that has been sufficient to 90%...

Something you might want to bear in mind at Pyathai is that (at least the day I was there) they started calling people into the registration well in advance of their stated time. I was booked for 14.00 - but because the day I was there provinces were beginning to put entry restrictions on people exiting greater BKK, in was in a hurry to get back to Chonburi asap - I arrived at the hospital at 12.00. Understandably, they told me to wait in a separate area, then about 12.30 they asked for 13.30 appointments to move into registration, & about 10 minutes after that they asked for 14.00 appointments to go to registration. So in fact I had my jab circa 13.10 & was out clutching my second appointment paper at 13.40. I asked if I could get some proof of having a first jab for domestic travel purposes & they pointed to my second appointment paper & said 'that's it".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Whoa! I'm in. Phyathai vaccine appointment set for July 21, at 2 pm. SMS just arrived, at 5:06 pm. I can hardly believe it. Yes, it IS like winning a lottery.

Same wording in SMS as WaveHunter's image posted above, including the same time. Oddly enough, two days before his slot. Must have been a cancellation. 

Very impressed with this hospital's organization. 

Yahoo! This finally presents some clarity over the next 3 months, post second shot.

Best of luck everyone.

Nice feeling, getting that Text message after weeks of frustration, isn't it?  And yeah, I agree that Phyathai has handled this incredibly well.  I wasn't sure what you meant about "second shot".  DId you hear anything about what the timing will be for that?  I'm very curious to know myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spetersen said:

Sorry if this reply don't pertain to this thread more than I reported on June 7.  Success with Mor Prom and vaccination jab 1, and also appointment for the second jab August 31.

This is my experience what you can do with the Pink Card. And is seem to be accepted more and more as times go by. Local discrepancies might occur...

• Admission fees for national parks, theme parks other attractions like museum's same as a Thai.
  • Retirement discount where it's applicable. Restaurant's, Travel
  • ID instead of passport:  at banks, Domestic travel (flights), Phone Carriers like TRUE DTAC AIS, Hotel reservations ,check in.  etc.
  • No need for Residence Certificate from Immigration , support document at visa extensions, booking appointment's at hospitals etc. 
  • Renewal of Drivers license at DLT and you get the ID number on the license.
  • I also use it when Thai people need name and address (easy to read and write for them)

Im sure there are even more applications. Trust me it works.

I never carry my Passport at home any more, only the ID and that has been sufficient to 90%...

You have some valid points but for me and many other expats, they just don't seem that important.  My Thai drivers license allows me to forego having a passport for most things I care about, though I can better understand the usefulness in certain situations that you describe.

The thing is though...I looked into getting one when the MorProm app required it, and it was just very confusing, lots of annoying paperwork, house book, dealing with local government offices which I couldn't even locate, and so on and so forth.  It's just that I'm here in Thailand to enjoy being here, not deal with red tape and bureaucracy.  I get all of that I can stomach just from the Imm office LOL!

Anyway, thanks for clarifying things.

On 7/13/2021 at 5:53 PM, Guderian said:

I've ordered a pack of N95 face masks from Lazada which should cut the risk compared with the usual blue three-layer version I wear. I've been told to go to the Vaccine Service Centre of the 8th Floor of Building B, which sounds like it will be easy to find. Is it farang-friendly, as in English signs and English speakers if you have questions?

Which vaccine are you getting?

I just sent a message to Phyathai, thanks for the tip.

14 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Nice feeling, getting that Text message after weeks of frustration, isn't it?  And yeah, I agree that Phyathai has handled this incredibly well.  I wasn't sure what you meant about "second shot".  DId you hear anything about what the timing will be for that?  I'm very curious to know myself.

Actually I can answer that the second shot for me (& it appears others) was for exactly 12 weeks after the first. I asked whether the Govt's announced new 8 week gap for Astra would affect that & they replied that when they get official notification to switch from 12 to 8 weeks they will automatically change all appointment & notify us of new dates. But frankly I am just sitting tight on my Sept appointment at present.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

You have some valid points but for me and many other expats, they just don't seem that important.  My Thai drivers license allows me to forego having a passport for most things I care about, though I can better understand the usefulness in certain situations that you describe.

The thing is though...I looked into getting one when the MorProm app required it, and it was just very confusing, lots of annoying paperwork, house book, dealing with local government offices which I couldn't even locate, and so on and so forth.  It's just that I'm here in Thailand to enjoy being here, not deal with red tape and bureaucracy.  I get all of that I can stomach just from the Imm office LOL!

Anyway, thanks for clarifying things.

I'm very sorry if I insulted you. Let's hope you get your first jab now...

On 7/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes like I said two schools here.

I'm not sure having the form accepted guarantees there won't be a problem at registration or the name they give you for vaccination proof.

There are no 100% guarantees but my guess is that either would be accepted if you have your passport.  FWIW, I put my first name in the first box and my middle and last name where it says surname.

My concern now is getting in and out of Bangkok.

I heard that one could get travel permission at Pattaya City Office.  Is that the same as City Hall pn Pattaya North Road?

30 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

There are no 100% guarantees but my guess is that either would be accepted if you have your passport.  FWIW, I put my first name in the first box and my middle and last name where it says surname.

My concern now is getting in and out of Bangkok.

I heard that one could get travel permission at Pattaya City Office.  Is that the same as City Hall pn Pattaya North Road?

Please clarify what you heard exactly. 

In previous restricted travel periods, there was such a requirement like that but I recall it was quickly abandoned as too much trouble to deal with. 

Didn't you get an email about this? I would think just printing it out would probably be adequate proof but of course not sure. 

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

It sure is nice. Now I can do a smidgen of planning for a return home. What a relief!

Have to admit, I don't know the exact gap. But others have reported that you get the second shot date when you leave with the  magical piece of paper after shot number 1.

It was originally 16 weeks, dropped to 12. This was reported by Guderian with an official graphic on this thread, page 55. It shows the gap was reduced by 4 weeks. I thought it was supposed to be 10 weeks. Harry2 above reported an 8-week gap to be decided. Who knows?

But I guess Phyathai will inform us whether they have the order to reduce the gap. I'm hoping. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More details
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

Useful information, thanks. I don't have a pink ID but I do have the yellow tax ID card, a relic from the old days when interest rates were high enough that it was worth jumping through the hoops to claim the withholding tax back. It is indeed a 13-digit number, so it appears that I have a Thai ID number, and I never knew it!

Bloomin heck ,so have i i had forgoten all about tax id,no ,mind you i got my jab with my pink card ,but never even thought about tax id no ,which i had ,years ago for the same reason.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Please clarify what you heard exactly. 

In previous restricted travel periods, there was such a requirement like that but I recall it was quickly abandoned as too much trouble to deal with. 

Didn't you get an email about this? I would think just printing it out would probably be adequate proof but of course not sure. 

The email does mention the exact vaccination date.  An SMS does.  They are both in English but probably sufficient to get through checkpoints,

But if I could get permission from City Hall in a document this would be better and adds a 3rd piece of possible proof.

6 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

The email does mention the exact vaccination date.  An SMS does.  They are both in English but probably sufficient to get through checkpoints,

But if I could get permission from City Hall in a document this would be better and adds a 3rd piece of possible proof.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with city hall unless and until they announce a policy about that. I doubt that they will after the last dud attempt.

• Like 1