Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

7 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Just to put this to rest, pink cards have always been practically useless for most expats.  The only reason they became important recently is becuase the government made them the only option for vaccination registration for the failed Morprom app, and did so intentionally to discourage most expats from using MorProm for registration. 

It's pretty card to have in your wallet but other than that, not worth having for most expats.  Case closed.

If you don't know what you are talking about , just keep quiet. Ignorance is nothing to brag about.. There are numerous application where the pink card can be used... 

4 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Wow! I just got an SMS from Phyathai2 saying that my appointment is confirmed for the afternoon of July 22nd. I won't believe it until the AZ shot is in my arm, of course, but it's definitely progress. I'm not bragging here, just saying that I'm feeling quite a sense of relief at this, and I wish you all the best of luck with tomorrow's vaccine lottery.

Same here and I agree about not being fully relieved until it's in my arm and I can feel the blood clots forming. For anyone trying tomorrow, don't mess about with the calendar, just type your birthday manually. mm/dd/yyyy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Wow! I just got an SMS from Phyathai2 saying that my appointment is confirmed for the afternoon of July 22nd. I won't believe it until the AZ shot is in my arm, of course, but it's definitely progress. I'm not bragging here, just saying that I'm feeling quite a sense of relief at this, and I wish you all the best of luck with tomorrow's vaccine lottery.

I felt exactly the same after my initial appointment confirmation. But I did then get a confirmation SMS 3 days before actual appointment, plus a more detailed email response to an email I sent a day in advance. They attached  this link to vaccine advice for before/after shot. I had a bad reaction for 3 days after my jab and wondered if it was because I continued to exercise instead of resting.

https://phyathai2international.com/en/health-article-and-innovation/Health-Article/Preparation-for-COVID19-Vaccine

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Harry2 . That seems to be a lot more advice than they gave my brother and other people I know back in the UK before their vaccinations. People have told me that the AZ vaccine can cause unpleasant side-effects afterwards lasting from a day to several days, but I guess that's how you know that it's doing something. My brother had Pfizer, and after the first dose his arm was a bit sore but that was it. He had the second dose about 8 weeks later and that really knocked him out, he spent two days in bed after it.

Just a question if I may; do they automatically give you an appointment for the second jab, or do you have to chase them up about it?

8 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Just to put this to rest, pink cards have always been practically useless for most expats.  The only reason they became important recently is becuase the government made them the only option for vaccination registration for the failed Morprom app, and did so intentionally to discourage most expats from using MorProm for registration. 

It's pretty card to have in your wallet but other than that, not worth having for most expats.  Case closed.

rubbish

OK, perhaps (always perhaps) a REAL and SUBSTANTIAL option for expat vaccination in Pattaya has emerged.

As always, time will tell how real and how substantial. 

Translate these:

Chonburi opens channels to register for COVID-19 vaccinations (thansettakij.com)

Specific Location in Chonburi Links in Post, including Banglamung

Vaccine brand? Unknown.

Happily there IS a passport field and there IS a nationality field!

Not so happily there is a 13 digit Thai I.D. field which is required so you need to put in a dummy number like 13 0's to submit.

Is this for real?

Are we finally really and substantially being included here?

Should people that don't want to deal with going into Bangkok two times during semi lockdowns, register with this and just hope it's going to work out, and FORGET trying with Phyathai 2?

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Thanks @Harry2 . That seems to be a lot more advice than they gave my brother and other people I know back in the UK before their vaccinations. People have told me that the AZ vaccine can cause unpleasant side-effects afterwards lasting from a day to several days, but I guess that's how you know that it's doing something. My brother had Pfizer, and after the first dose his arm was a bit sore but that was it. He had the second dose about 8 weeks later and that really knocked him out, he spent two days in bed after it.

Just a question if I may; do they automatically give you an appointment for the second jab, or do you have to chase them up about it?

They automatically give you a date/time for your second jab (in fact the printed sheet is the only 'official' confirmation I have had my first jab). Mine was exactly 12 weeks after my first. I asked the English speaking liaison officer about the Govt's stated 8 week gap policy for Astra, and he said if/when the hospital is instructed in the new policy they will automatically change people's appointments & inform them accordingly. If you need to contact them, this email gets speedy English language responses [email protected]

3 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

I asked the English speaking liaison officer about the Govt's stated 8 week gap policy for Astra, and he said if/when the hospital is instructed in the new policy they will automatically change people's appointments & inform them accordingly.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like they've already taken on board the change of timing as this is on their English FB page?

206968065_332375351850965_27911932043845

• Like 1

Question: for those of you that have managed to book at Phyatai 2, is there anything in the confirmation message about a way to CANCEL the booking?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should try to book there any longer considering that it looks like there MIGHT be something real and substantial opening up for expat registration in Pattaya (as noted above).  But of course not at all certain yet.

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK, perhaps (always perhaps) a REAL and SUBSTANTIAL option for expat vaccination in Pattaya has emerged.

As always, time will tell how real and how substantial. 

Translate these:

Chonburi opens channels to register for COVID-19 vaccinations (thansettakij.com)

Specific Location in Chonburi Links in Post, including Banglamung

Vaccine brand? Unknown.

Happily there IS a passport field and there IS a nationality field!

Not so happily there is a 13 digit Thai I.D. field which is required so you need to put in a dummy number like 13 0's to submit.

Is this for real?

Are we finally really and substantially being included here?

Should people that don't want to deal with going into Bangkok two times during semi lockdowns, register with this and just hope it's going to work out, and FORGET trying with Phyathai 2?

i did this a couple weeks ago and came to nothing, no SMS, nothing

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Question: for those of you that have managed to book at Phyatai 2, is there anything in the confirmation message about a way to CANCEL the booking?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should try to book there any longer considering that it looks like there MIGHT be something real and substantial opening up for expat registration in Pattaya (as noted above).  But of course not at all certain yet.

I guess you'd just message [email protected], @Harry2says that they reply in English quickly. I'm certainly not burning any bridges yet, anyway, having got a slot confirmed. I'll use the same taxi driver I've been using for the last 15 years to take me to Bangkok. I have no real desire to try and find the hospital myself, plus side-effects may mean that I'm not safe to drive after the vaccine.

One other thought is that Phyathai has been doing this for a few months now and presumably have it all arranged safely. If only 100 farangs will turn up then it's easy to keep your distance, though I expect there will be Thais being vaccinated as well under the national programme. From what I've seen of the Pattaya vaccination sites so far, they're anything but safe, hundreds of people crammed in with little chance to keep your distance. So my advice would be to continue trying to win the morning vaccine lottery, but keep an eye on the progress of the Chonburi rollout too. If it looks safer than taking a taxi to Bangkok, then go for it by all means.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am pretty sure if you emailed their English language email service you would be able to cancel. If I were you I would keep trying for Pyathai, the local efforts thus far have been hopeless for those of us with passport ID.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spetersen said:

If you don't know what you are talking about , just keep quiet. Ignorance is nothing to brag about.. There are numerous application where the pink card can be used... 

Well why don't you inform us of all the wonderful things you can do with a Pink card that make it indispensable for an expat who already has a Thai driver's license (which most long-term expats already have), instead of hurling personal insults?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I guess you'd just message [email protected], @Harry2says that they reply in English quickly. I'm certainly not burning any bridges yet, anyway, having got a slot confirmed. I'll use the same taxi driver I've been using for the last 15 years to take me to Bangkok. I have no real desire to try and find the hospital myself, plus side-effects may mean that I'm not safe to drive after the vaccine.

One other thought is that Phyathai has been doing this for a few months now and presumably have it all arranged safely. If only 100 farangs will turn up then it's easy to keep your distance, though I expect there will be Thais being vaccinated as well under the national programme. From what I've seen of the Pattaya vaccination sites so far, they're anything but safe, hundreds of people crammed in with little chance to keep your distance. So my advice would be to continue trying to win the morning vaccine lottery, but keep an eye on the progress of the Chonburi rollout too. If it looks safer than taking a taxi to Bangkok, then go for it by all means.

I thought Pyathai had it as well organised as you can expect given its a mass vaccination! There are people milling around going from one area to another, but quite honestly I think its pretty much the same across the world - a mass vaccination involves vaccinating large numbers of people asap. The return car/taxi journey is the best way to reduce infection danger, otherwise the hospital situation was not really that much different from the risk exposure I get on my weekly shopping trip to North Pattaya .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

The return car/taxi journey is the best way to reduce infection danger, otherwise the hospital situation was not really that much different from the risk exposure I get on my weekly shopping trip to North Pattaya .

I've ordered a pack of N95 face masks from Lazada which should cut the risk compared with the usual blue three-layer version I wear. I've been told to go to the Vaccine Service Centre of the 8th Floor of Building B, which sounds like it will be easy to find. Is it farang-friendly, as in English signs and English speakers if you have questions?

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I've ordered a pack of N95 face masks from Lazada which should cut the risk compared with the usual blue three-layer version I wear. I've been told to go to the Vaccine Service Centre of the 8th Floor of Building B, which sounds like it will be easy to find. Is it farang-friendly, as in English signs and English speakers if you have questions?

Yes because it has been chosen as an international vaccine hospital they have English & Chinese speaking staff at all stages. One you get into the Pyathai system I think you are OK, the system works well from that point forward. IMO its worth the travel hassle vs the world beating shambles we have in PTY for most expats.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

Are you sure they are legit?  There are so many fakes and "N-95 like masks they really are not"  If they are legit, Can you provide a Lazada link for those masks?  I want to do the same as you for my trip to Phyathai since I also received that wonderful text message.

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

Are you sure they are legit?  There are so many fakes and "N-95 like masks they really are not"  If they are legit, Can you provide a Lazada link for those masks?  I want to do the same as you for my trip to Phyathai since I also received that wonderful text message.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3m-8210-n95-pm-25-20-1-i2492140859-s8796759499.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.755f3f5fwh7EmW&search=1

• Thanks 1

This morning, unlike the past two days, I didn't even get to the point where I could load and fill in the google form.

At 9:02 it still had the full bookings message.

At 9:09 I finally got to a page where I was prompted to load the google form. 

Had to do a not a robot.

Then a message, not accepting any new forms. Full. So there was no step of filling it out.

I was so totally ready to zip through the form fill out but that doesn't work if you never make it to the form. 

GAME OVER DAY THREE

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

That was a very weird experience this morning. Could not get through to the hospital page from 8:55 am to roughly 9:06. Suddenly, my browser opened the hospital page rather late, maybe around 9:07. Expecting the "fully booked" message, I got the form.

Took me a few precious seconds to realize it. Rifled through that form, forgot to put in my passport number. Grrr! But the form caught the missing element. Submitted it. Accepted!!!!!! Wow! That was a huge surprise. Thought I was dead in the water. Again.

And lo and behold, I received an email saying here's what I submitted. Received at 9:13, but the internal message at the top of the emailed form was stamped at 9:08. Strange. 

Anyway, woohoo!!! I can't believe it. Now comes the waiting and waiting and waiting to see if I make the list. 

Hope some of you guys got in. I still can't believe I got this far with all the site traffic. 

PC or mobile?

Just now, Jingthing said:

PC or mobile?

Using my iMac but with a DTAC mobile phone connection as a personal hotspot, which I use instead of a landline. I do think the phone network can be faster sometimes. I noticed I get emails on my phone wayyyy faster than any landline link -- in the past.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This morning, unlike the past two days, I didn't even get to the point where I could load and fill in the google form.

Had to do a not a robot.

Then a message, not accepting any new forms. Full. So there was no step of filling it out.

I was so totally ready to zip through the form fill out but that doesn't work if you never make it to the form. 

GAME OVER DAY THREE

9:02 is way too late.  The booking fill up within the first 1 minute I think.  I succeeded yesterday and I think what made the difference, aside from already having the information ready to quickly copy/paste was FIRST, clearing my web browser cache (important), and then go to the site at 8:59 and start refreshing the page, second by second, until the link appears.  I know that sounds a bit extreme but I think it's the only way to assure that you can beat the crowd.

Clearing your browser cache beforehand is important just to assure their are not remnants of the cached page from the previous day still there, and it probably just make your browser talk to the site a little more quickly.

Good Luck, we all sure deserve a break after the last six weeks of BS!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Had to do a not a robot.

GAME OVER DAY THREE

Don't give up, I didn't get my appointment via Intervac till the 4th day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

That was a very weird experience this morning. Could not get through to the hospital page from 8:55 am to roughly 9:06. Suddenly, my browser opened the hospital page rather late, maybe around 9:07. Expecting the "fully booked" message, I got the form.

Took me a few precious seconds to realize it. Rifled through that form, forgot to put in my passport number. Grrr! But the form caught the missing element. Submitted it. Accepted!!!!!! Wow! That was a huge surprise. Thought I was dead in the water. Again.

And lo and behold, I received an email saying here's what I submitted. Received at 9:13, according to when I eyed my computer clock, but the emailed form was stamped at 9:08, which is when Apple handled it from Google, I guess. 

Anyway, woohoo!!! I can't believe it. Now comes the waiting and waiting and waiting to see if I make the list. 

Hope some of you guys got in. I still can't believe I got this far with all the site traffic. 

I got in yesterday and received the appointment date right after midnight!  I have to hand it to Phyathai for being the first registration scheme in Thailand that is actually working, albeit with only 100 appointments given per day....but also giving appointments that will start in less than 10 days, and providing confirmation of those appointments in an incredibly  speedy way!  In other words, simply doing what they promised.

IMG_1624.thumb.png.6cbbdbfdf7be6d166aaa1333c355b012.png

Hopefully, for all expats, Phyathai has set a standard for more hospitals to follow so that more of us will finally be done with all of these frustrations!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

I don't remember this yesterday, but at the very end of the today's registration form was a button for Option One. Anyway, I clicked it and sent the form. Any ideas what this might be? Maybe vaccine choice, which is only one at the moment, AZ.