Chalong Hospital closed amid COVID concerns

snoop1130

1620028419_1-org.jpg

A doctor at Chalong Hospital attends to a patient. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot / file

PHUKET:-- Chalong Hospital has been closed for cleaning and its staff quarantined and tested for COVID-19 following a 74-year-old woman outpatient testing positive for the virus after she visited the hospital for dizziness but was later sent home.

Chalong Hospital Director Suchart Nichawanna announced in a revised update released this afternoon (May 3) that Chalong Hospital is expected to re-open on May 10.

Four patients who were receiving treatment at Chalong Hospital and four relatives who had been in close contact with them have been transferred to Dibuk Hospital, where they will be tested, Dr Suchart said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chalong-hospital-closed-amid-covid-concerns-79879.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-03

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

This contributes to the hidden death toll of covid......hospitals unable to provide the service necessary to care for people.

They're able, they're just not willing.

Did you notice hospitals closing all over the world during the last year? Me either.....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They're able, they're just not willing.

Did you notice hospitals closing all over the world during the last year? Me either.....

No........but many should have done in the UK......when it started I assumed there would non-covid hospitals but the possibility was never discussed as far as I know.

Surely during this period, any person requiring treatment at a hospital, be it government or private, should be rapid antigen tested.   The impact of allowing untested Covid positive people into hospitals and the risk of spreading the virus amongst other patients and staff and resulting in the closure of the facility would fully mitigate this.

• Like 2

This is really strange, hospitals are there nowadays to deal with Covid patients, but this one is closed due to a Civid patient....!?!? How come they are not set up to deal with this, they don't think any Covid infected person is going to walk in there one day....!!!

And send the lady home without proper check and test, typical, it's been going on since Jan 2020, I mentioned it then, I know of a few people in the same situation, doctor sent home, went through a sick one or two weeks at home....

Edited by Agusts

1 minute ago, Agusts said:

This is really strange, hospitals are there nowadays to deal with Covid patients, but this one is closed due to a Civid patient....!?!? How come they are not set up to deal with this, they don't think any Covid infected person is going to walk in there I've day....!!!

And send the lady home without proper check and test, typical, it's been going on since Jan 2020, I mentioned it then, I know of a few people in the same situation, doctor sent home, went through a sick one or two weeks at home....

Does seem odd....don't recall any hospitals in the UK closing......I always imagined hospitals would be classified as covid or non-covid ....but the topic never seemed to raise its head.