Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

17 minutes ago, DKStuntz said:

I’ve read so much about needing to register before I can get a vaccination, but nowhere could I find any clear information about how to do it.   I don’t even know what website to get into.  Even after Googling “How do I register for covid vaccination in Thailand”, I still couldn’t even figure out what website/URL to go to.  All I could find, is a bunch of vague information, etc.

Any information about the proper website (or a link to it) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks..

There will be a new system up for foreigners to register. This is according to my wife who is currently involved with the hotline. Don't bother with the current system. Just need to wait. Anyway, if you are under 60 yu would be offereed the sinovac; astrazeneca is for over 60's. So it's better to wait anyway, and just take the usual precautions. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

There will be a new system up for foreigners to register. This is according to my wife who is currently involved with the hotline. Don't bother with the current system. Just need to wait. Anyway, if you are under 60 yu would be offereed the sinovac; astrazeneca is for over 60's. So it's better to wait anyway, and just take the usual precautions. 

Do you know if the new will need the 13 digit code or if passport number will be good enough ?

Australia gov donates 68 million b for Thai vaccines (plus more money for other Covid related issues) and farangs get put at the back of the queue.  Thailand has the 5th richest family in the world (that is in line to make money off Covid vaccines), but they take money from foreign governments.  Yes, I realize this is not a 1-dimensional chess game but an n-dimensional chess game and other governments are playing against China, but this is absurd.  When you give then get something back and if it is only Australians getting something back I'm ok with that.

It is really wrong to see foreigners working here and paying taxes and they are not treated as regular Thais are.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DKStuntz said:

I’ve read so much about needing to register before I can get a vaccination, but nowhere could I find any clear information about how to do it.   I don’t even know what website to get into.  Even after Googling “How do I register for covid vaccination in Thailand”, I still couldn’t even figure out what website/URL to go to.  All I could find, is a bunch of vague information, etc.

Any information about the proper website (or a link to it) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks..

The online tool for expats has not yet been released. 

Stop Googling and start waiting. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Do you know if the new will need the 13 digit code or if passport number will be good enough ?

That detail has not been announced but it's reasonable to assume that they know that most expats have passports and not Thai ID numbers. Of course we won't know until we know.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Yes that reflects the consensus of the most recent most credible information that we have at this time. 

In my opinion expats should stop even trying to register on the existing tool.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes that reflects the consensus of the most recent most credible information that we have at this time. 

A number of foerigners have been phoning up and this is what they have been told. My wife said they will need to collect biometric data from each person. So I guess a database of foreigners will be set up. It will take some time, but be worth it, especially as more vaccines come online and are made available. I don't think many will choose sinovac and az is just for those over 60. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GeorgeEboy said:

Two Moderna shots here in the US completed 2 months ago. Felt a little off after the second one but at least we’re free, or could have been! New York City wanted my insurance information. 

It depends on where you went to get the jab. Small clinics and doctors offices can charge your insurance for administering the jab. If you go to a mass vaccination site, they won't ask for it.

1 hour ago, rcuthbert said:

I will wait and see if the vaccine/s cause any deaths. If I had any serious preexisting conditions, I would be hyper vigilant.

Well taake blood clots for example. Clotting is way more common in those that are infected with covid, and is causing significant mortality in India at the moment. 

Edited by onthedarkside
private party social media video removed
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That detail has not been announced but it's reasonable to assume that they know that most expats have passports and not Thai ID numbers. Of course we won't know until we know.

Highly likley the passport number, but a bunch of other information as well. Let's hope it works out and doesn't take too long.

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Please not Sinopharm, WHO just said they are seriously concerned with its safety!

No they are not.

WHO experts have voiced "very low confidence" in data provided by Chinese state-owned drugmaker Sinopharm on its COVID-19 vaccine regarding the risk of serious side-effects in some patients, but overall confidence in its ability to prevent the disease, a document seen by Reuters shows.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/exclusive-who-experts-voice-very-low-confidence-some-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-2021-05-05/

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Having lived in Thailand as long as you have, I am surprised that you are suggesting putting all your eggs in one basket. Right now, I am registered with the "Mor Prom" app as well as at three private hospitals. If one has the alien ID number and the app, I say go ahead and register.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Ignorance and arrogance in one individual is unfortunate - when combined in a nation, it is reprehensible! Not sure who said it first - i've seen it ascribed to TE Lawrence among others.

The USA has approved Moderna, the UK has approved it, but Thailand always knows bloody better!!! And yet they are proud that their better (read more expensive!) hospitals match UK/USA standards....they say.

As a former TGF of mine was fond of saying, "No but Khun Thai do it like this", to which my inevitable response would be "Could that be why they f*** so many things up that others get right?"

(One of the many reasons she is a former GF, by the way)

EVERY country's equivalent FDA studies the vaccine's test results before approving it. It is nothing new. The vaccine manufacturers need to apply for approval and I think Moderna didn't apply for approval in Thailand until recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Having lived in Thailand as long as you have, I am surprised that you are suggesting putting all your eggs in one basket. Right now, I am registered with the "Mor Prom" app as well as at three private hospitals. If one has the alien ID number and the app, I say go ahead and register.

Up to you but that sounds like overkill to me. Not sure what you really mean by registering at private hospitals. Do you mean just being put on their contact list?

10 hours ago, keith101 said:

Common Side Effects from Moderna Vaccine.

The most commonly reported side effects, which typically lasted several days, were pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes in the same arm as the injection, nausea and vomiting, and fever. Of note, more people experienced these side effects after the second dose than after the first dose, so it is important for vaccination providers and recipients to expect that there may be some side effects after either dose, but even more so after the second dose.

This info is from the US FDA .

My wife had many of those side effects, especially after the second shot.  Lasted several days.  I got the Pfizer and only had a bit of soreness at the injection site for about a half day.

55 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No they are not.

WHO experts have voiced "very low confidence" in data provided by Chinese state-owned drugmaker Sinopharm on its COVID-19 vaccine regarding the risk of serious side-effects in some patients, but overall confidence in its ability to prevent the disease, a document seen by Reuters shows.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/exclusive-who-experts-voice-very-low-confidence-some-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccine-2021-05-05/

Very concerned with its safety

Very low confidence in its saftey.

Looks same same to me 

Would you like to debate that further?

6 hours ago, wealthychef said:

The vaccine I'm getting is the one I'm offered first.  

Excellent explanation! I have been trying to explain this to people that are infatuated with efficacy rates. Get any vaccine that is available and let's end this thing!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Or you can wait till June when it will be offically announced on wether they will have an English lang app or register at hospital. 

Vaccination rates are slowing down in the US. Almost everyone that wanted a vaccine has got it already. It is readily available and you can just walk in for a jab. Now they are talking about offering people money and/or gifts to get the jab.

Opening it up to vaccine tourists could be used to jump start the tourism economy.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 2

Let’s see if they can come up with a vaccine for stupidity ! Know many Thais from all different areas of Thailand,and many have put their names down for the vaccines available,. That’s all,non of them have actually had a vaccine nor do they know anybody who has had the vaccine ! ... just praying everybody gets vaccinated and the country can reopen as I’m missing my family ‘

Edited by onthedarkside
foreign language and unsourced images removed
  • Like 1