Pattaya A Dead or Dying City?

Pilotman

1 minute ago, elgenon said:

If you feel you are getting a fair return, what the heck. If not, smarten up.

Yes, there is money to be made. But I couldn't do it.

My son back in the states was one of those numb nuts sending money to a girl working Soi 6 cam scam. He thought they had a "connection" and had a personal joke they shared. I went to visit her and she had no idea who my son was or what I was referring to. I got him to stop sending her money. In his defense, she WAS cute. I tried to do a short time, she declined saying she was making WAY too much money with the cam scam and didn't need the wet work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, J Town said:

My son back in the states was one of those numb nuts sending money to a girl working Soi 6 cam scam. He thought they had a "connection" and had a personal joke they shared. I went to visit her and she had no idea who my son was or what I was referring to. I got him to stop sending her money. In his defense, she WAS cute. I tried to do a short time, she declined saying she was making WAY too much money with the cam scam and didn't need the wet work.

Sorry for your son.  Why was she at the bar?

4 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Sorry for your son.  Why was she at the bar?

The girls dance in front of a web cam scantily clothed, then broadcast on Facebook so the desperate dogs can comment, professing their undying love. There is a sign saying 150 baht per drink and a link to Paypal the money. Literally hundreds of guys are constantly viewing and a lot of them sending money for colored water (drinks). She was working there cuz she was making bank for dancing in front of a cam!

• Like 1

Just now, J Town said:

The girls dance in front of a web cam scantily clothed, then broadcast on Facebook so the desperate dogs can comment, professing their undying love. There is a sign saying 150 baht per drink and a link to Paypal the money. Literally hundreds of guys are constantly viewing and a lot of them sending money for colored water (drinks). She was working there cuz she was making bank for dancing in front of a cam!

They have it down.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, J Town said:

If anyone read "The Dark Tower" series, they'll understand the term "the world has moved on."  Yes, everything is shut down by decree and will probably go on an "open/shut" roller coaster for a year or two.

The sex industry was Pattaya's forte. That's been demolished. The girls found out they can make a fortune online without ever swapping bodily fluids. I don't think it will ever return to its glorious apex of the previous decade. I'm just seriously grateful I got in as many soapies as I did!

The world has moved on.

Only the top 1% of girls are making any kind of appreciable money to the degree they can stop getting plugged IRL. It will live on 

22 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Only the top 1% of girls are making any kind of appreciable money to the degree they can stop getting plugged IRL. It will live on 

You fail to realize these are a bunch of desperate, lonely guys all around the planet. What you and I would barely consider a 2 or 3 are angels in these guys' eyes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J Town said:

You fail to realize these are a bunch of desperate, lonely guys all around the planet. What you and I would barely consider a 2 or 3 are angels in these guys' eyes.

Pretty sad stuff. I was loitering with this girl drinking a Leo outside her bar and she told me this Swiss pilot guy gave her 200k baht for staying with him for 2 months. 

she was 25, looked haggard, definitely a delusional price point 

3 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Of course it will live on to some degree, but it might be reduced to the pitiful level of Chiang Mai, where the bars are a bad joke. They were so pathetic that I just couldn't be bothered, and I used to be a bar addict in Pattaya. I couldn't even find a decent soapy. There was one in a big hotel, but it had been closed permanently.

2 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Pretty sad stuff. I was loitering with this girl drinking a Leo outside her bar and she told me this Swiss pilot guy gave her 200k baht for staying with him for 2 months. 

she was 25, looked haggard, definitely a delusional price point 

Perhaps she was bonzer in bed.

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course it will live on to some degree, but it might be reduced to the pitiful level of Chiang Mai, where the bars are a bad joke. They were so pathetic that I just couldn't be bothered, and I used to be a bar addict in Pattaya. I couldn't even find a decent soapy. There was one in a big hotel, but it had been closed permanently.

The soapies there cater to chinese these days. Your lucky if you are admitted and would be odd man out (unless u r chinese).

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 1:57 AM, soi3eddie said:

The comparison was British and Americans vs Germans and French numbers.

Somehow you have misquoted me.  Those are not my words.  They are the words of member Logosone.  

23 hours ago, J Town said:

Just so long as they are still breathing...........

On 5/11/2021 at 9:53 PM, Surelynot said:

Give it three months and Pattaya will have become the Miami of SE Asia.........mark my words..

Complete with rioting, looting, Russian mob, angry Africans?  It's already close. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, moontang said:

Complete with rioting, looting, Russian mob, angry Africans?  It's already close. 

There's nothing left here for the criminal groups you mention to scam or take.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, moontang said:

Spent 30 nights there this year... and a couple of days.  Was born in Miami. 

Well I don't know exactly when that was, but right now there is zero evidence of the rioting, looting, Russian mob, angry Africans? you are posting of. Pattaya is a ghost town and far from it. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 5/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, JensenZ said:

The smaller malls, such as Harbor Mall, Garden Plaza and Central Marina are in big trouble and they were doing badly pre-covid.

If that is the Royal Garden Hotel mall it is the exception to what I'm going to say as it predated all the new malls, but IMO any mall doing badly that was built after Central deserve their failure as there were already too many malls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that is the Royal Garden Hotel mall it is the exception to what I'm going to say as it predated all the new malls, but IMO any mall doing badly that was built after Central deserve their failure as there were already too many malls.

Just T21 I think... pretty sure Harbor predated Central Festival. And that one along with The Avenue never stood a chance. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

T21 was doing well pre-Covid and since Covid began they have decided to build a new muti-storey car park; under construction now. The owners must be optimistic.