Jump to content

Pattaya A Dead or Dying City?


Recommended Posts

On 5/15/2021 at 5:21 AM, soi3eddie said:

 

Couldn't it be the case that tourists spending money in Pattaya would be supporting business owners and workers who could then be buying new cars on the profits of their endeavours?

 

On the wages that are paid to WORKERS, I very much doubt that many, if any, of them were, or will be buying NEW cars. I'm talking about cleaners and receptionists, not management and owners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't take much these days with technology to create fear, TV, media and some ugly looking dudes in suits who are in powerful positions, also wearing a mask, and having been vaccinated.  

After a visit to immigration yesterday I decided to drive down Pattaya Tai, down Second Road, on to Beach Road before returning home. My normal weekly exposure to Pattaya is the motorway to Big C, Pat

If anyone read "The Dark Tower" series, they'll understand the term "the world has moved on."  Yes, everything is shut down by decree and will probably go on an "open/shut" roller coaster for a year o

Posted Images

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Another  fantasize living in the sensationalist  headlines...probably  never been here but wants a lady boy..LOL

First arrived in May 2008--have returned yearly since

Worked as a teacher-Chef and also volunteer radio work

Have many ladyboy friends and one even holds my motorbike when I come home

 

As with other who have doubted me here im happy to provide passport shots to prove facts regarding my claims.

 

 I spit truth and am happy to put you in your place 🙂  Go ahead--try me

You may see I live a fulfilling life, unlike yours, harassing others online

 

Hammertime indeed...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, Henryford said:

Despite the dead/dying image it's surprising how much development is still going on. Driving around town i see many new condos being finished off. Look at that monster on Jomtien beach near the Night Market. Also Tree Town has many new bars including that posh one with the swimming pool. So someone must think things will get better soon.

Not being argumentative just curious, these "new" bars at Tree Town exactly how recent are they.? Or do you mean all the bars there as it is a relatively new development. 

And can you give the location of the posh one with the swimming pool, this intrigues me. 

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2021 at 8:58 PM, spidermike007 said:

They were not being filled. My five star GM friend has pointed out that Thailand has had one of the lowest occupancy rates of any of the worldwide Amari properties, over the past five years. We all assume much market research goes into the development of those properties. I think that is often not the case here. Vacancy is very high in alot of office and condo buildings now. As well as alot of malls. Over development is not necessarily a sign of a healthy economy. 

 

Another friend of mine is dating a woman who is a senior exec with one of Thailand's largest developers. They are shutting down 120 projects next month. That represents 100% of their projects nationwide. Some of it is Covid related. Some of it is just insane, overly optimistic projections. 

 

Build it, and they will come. Not necessarily. 

I look forward to next month and you being able to give us the details of at least some of the projects that are being shut down. Unless of course you are able to do so now. Nowt like a bit of schadenfreude in the mornings and closing all jobs sounds pretty drastic. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rott said:

I look forward to next month and you being able to give us the details of at least some of the projects that are being shut down. Unless of course you are able to do so now. Nowt like a bit of schadenfreude in the mornings and closing all jobs sounds pretty drastic. 

 

You argue with facts? Again, Spidermike007 doesn't tell tales of fancy. And all you have to do is look outside to see the tumbleweeds rolling down the streets.

 

Nobody is happy about things, and this is worldwide.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

 

Watch out for propaganda that I have noticed has already started to appear. Things such as "we don't know how many new variants there will be and if the vaccine will work for them too", or "the vaccine isn't as effective as we thought" - and things like this will be used as an excuse to keep restrictions in place. If I was a gambling man I would bet that things will still not be back to normal 100% in a year's time. 

Really.... the news I saw today was a bit more positive, in that vaccines are apparently effective in suppressing the Indian variant, currently a big deal in UK and India. Negative news was that it is  more infectious was a concern, because a section of society becoming victim, have avoided being vaccinated, likely due to the stupid, uneducated braying of the conspiracy believers and promoters. Also ironic, these people likely brought the variant into the UK. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, J Town said:

You argue with facts? Again, Spidermike007 doesn't tell tales of fancy. And all you have to do is look outside to see the tumbleweeds rolling down the streets.

 

Nobody is happy about things, and this is worldwide.

Can you read.? 

 

Not arguing with anything just interested in the detail.

 

Do you understand the word schadenfreude.? 

 

Your apology will be reluctantly accepted. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, rott said:

Not being argumentative just curious, these "new" bars at Tree Town exactly how recent are they.? Or do you mean all the bars there as it is a relatively new development. 

And can you give the location of the posh one with the swimming pool, this intrigues me. 

Thanks. 

Try right smack in the middle of Tree Town....has a big white wall around it with Pattaya Beach Club on the side....actually has two pools and looks cozy.....🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, J Town said:

You argue with facts? Again, Spidermike007 doesn't tell tales of fancy. And all you have to do is look outside to see the tumbleweeds rolling down the streets.

 

Nobody is happy about things, and this is worldwide.

    It was a legitimate request.   Facts are important--more important than vague musings.  A few days ago a poster stated that all the new, large construction projects in Pattaya had either been shut down or slowed down.  Of course, as always, not a single example was given.  There likely may be some.  But all?  No.

    We often hear from posters that the large condo projects in Pattaya are all empty and the developers have sold few of the units.  Always with no examples.  In reality, the big developers have sold the majority of the condo units they have constructed.  The 3 Lumpini projects.  Centric Sea.  Cetus. The Base.  Baan Plai Haad.  The Palm.  Zire and Unixx.  Amari Residences.  Supalai Mare.  Dusit.  Riviera Wongamat and Jomtien.   The 7 View Talay projects.  And many others.  The completed, successful projects vastly outnumber the few failed ones.  

    Yes, you will very likely find some unsold less desirable units in most of them but the majority of the units are sold and the developer made a profit.  Lumpini built 3 mega-projects in Pattaya.  Had the first been a bust they would not have built the other two.  Ditto for Sansiri and Raimon Land, and others.

     Covid, of course, has changed everything and many projects that had been planned might, indeed, be put on hold until better times.  True Worldwide.  But, even with covid there are a number of large projects still going forward in Pattaya--and Thailand.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rott said:

Can you read.? 

 

Not arguing with anything just interested in the detail.

 

Do you understand the word schadenfreude.? 

 

Your apology will be reluctantly accepted. 

Don't hold your breath.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 11:16 AM, BenDeCosta said:

 

But look at the UK. The people were promised that once all the vulnerable people had been vaccinated, things would swiftly return to normal. This happened some time ago, but many restrictions are still in place.

Actually no it hasn’t happened yet. What has been found is that more people than was originally suspected are vulnerable and with newer mutations more are susceptible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

 

I don't think you need to be able to read Thai to know what's going on inside this establishment.

It says: Lucky, Molly and DingDing are happy to serve your steak, French fries, salat and a cold soda. Just pop in and enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Try right smack in the middle of Tree Town....has a big white wall around it with Pattaya Beach Club on the side....actually has two pools and looks cozy.....🥳

I have only walked through to Soi Skaw Beach at night and have not taken much notice, will have a look today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, elgenon said:

Wow! How do they make a fortune online? I want to tell some girls.

Which idiot would pay for a girl, telling some porkpies via video call.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:
7 hours ago, elgenon said:

Wow! How do they make a fortune online? I want to tell some girls.

Which idiot would pay for a girl, telling some porkpies via video call.

I watched a view of the livestreams. They're quite boring if you've actually been to a Soi 6 bar, but there were HUNDREDS of guys from around the world buying the girls "drinks" - colored water at 150 baht/drink. The money was pouring in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J Town said:

I watched a view of the livestreams. They're quite boring if you've actually been to a Soi 6 bar, but there were HUNDREDS of guys from around the world buying the girls "drinks" - colored water at 150 baht/drink. The money was pouring in.

Stupid as stupid goes.

Probably later saying that "his" honest, good GF was just standing there, not having s.. with other man and that she's different.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 9:15 PM, Pilotman said:

The Brits are not an attractive race, they have never been so. 

Did one steal your bar girl missis ? 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, connda said:

You ignore the fact that the majority of the sex industry caters to Thai males.  😉
The embarrassed Thai socialites fail to talk about their own husband's and male partner's affection for mia nois, giks, and "rented wives."  
Nope - "Bad Sexpats!!! Look over there at the dirty, evil farangs."
Just misdirection to take the world's eye's off of their own societal shortcomings.  The business aimed directly at foreigners is simply the apparent tip-of-the-iceberg of what lies below the sordidness of average Thai sexuality.



 

Very true . Only difference is we get the trash that the Thais don’t want . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

and one even holds my motorbike when I come home

 

Are you sure it's your motorbike?

If it were a car, maybe a hotrod?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, newnative said:

    It was a legitimate request.   Facts are important--more important than vague musings.  A few days ago a poster stated that all the new, large construction projects in Pattaya had either been shut down or slowed down.  Of course, as always, not a single example was given.  There likely may be some.  But all?  No.

    We often hear from posters that the large condo projects in Pattaya are all empty and the developers have sold few of the units.  Always with no examples.  In reality, the big developers have sold the majority of the condo units they have constructed.  The 3 Lumpini projects.  Centric Sea.  Cetus. The Base.  Baan Plai Haad.  The Palm.  Zire and Unixx.  Amari Residences.  Supalai Mare.  Dusit.  Riviera Wongamat and Jomtien.   The 7 View Talay projects.  And many others.  The completed, successful projects vastly outnumber the few failed ones.  

    Yes, you will very likely find some unsold less desirable units in most of them but the majority of the units are sold and the developer made a profit.  Lumpini built 3 mega-projects in Pattaya.  Had the first been a bust they would not have built the other two.  Ditto for Sansiri and Raimon Land, and others.

     Covid, of course, has changed everything and many projects that had been planned might, indeed, be put on hold until better times.  True Worldwide.  But, even with covid there are a number of large projects still going forward in Pattaya--and Thailand.  

Maybe you could enlighten me (No pun intented)

all these condos units are build for who exactly?

i live here and from my observations (Yes the lights at the window in the evening

are a pretty good indication) the occupation rate in most of these towers is around

5 to 10%, it's ridiculous !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Good Lord, has no one walked around Tree Town on Soi Buakhao or taken a stroll up Soi LK Metro.....things are jumping...and rebuilding at the same time....every go-go has done the remodel, a Beach Club with a huge swimming pool in going in at Tree Town, new condos and hotels are on the rise.....Christmas is just around the corner....life will be back to the Pattaya normal later than sooner, but it will be back.....hang on lads.....🤗🥳👍😷👍👍🥳

7D46D489-A22A-4151-AD97-EFEE28CB6B5A.jpeg

Are you a bar owner in this area by any chance ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, newnative said:

The 3 Lumpini projects.  Centric Sea.  Cetus. The Base.  Baan Plai Haad.  The Palm.  Zire and Unixx.  Amari Residences.  Supalai Mare.  Dusit.  Riviera Wongamat and Jomtien.   The 7 View Talay projects.  And many others.  The completed, successful projects vastly outnumber the few failed ones.  

 

I'm not much interested in any condo in Thailand, but I think it's a known fact that several of the7 View Talay's, which you claim are all success projects, have still plenty of unsold units. Coincidentally, it are the later projects.

 

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Had the first been a bust they would not have built the other two.  Ditto for Sansiri and Raimon Land, and others.

 

I thought I read in the news that the successful Raimon land is going through a bankruptcy court to sort 7 Billion in debt. Clearly they have built a lot, but if so successful, they would not have 7 billion in debts

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J Town said:

Don't hold your breath.

OK, just tell me where I was arguing with the facts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Susco said:

 

I'm not much interested in any condo in Thailand, but I think it's a known fact that several of the7 View Talay's, which you claim are all success projects, have still plenty of unsold units. Coincidentally, it are the later projects.

 

 

I thought I read in the news that the successful Raimon land is going through a bankruptcy court to sort 7 Billion in debt. Clearly they have built a lot, but if so successful, they would not have 7 billion in debts

I totally agree with you

New Nordic was also still recently considered as ''successful''

we now know what the reality was

 

Unlike Newnative, i have never been really impressed by the shiny facades, because most of the time, well, they are only ''facades''

Edited by kingofthemountain
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...