Thailand reports 3,394 COVID-19 cases, 29 new deaths

webfact

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Phuket has announced it will ease travel restrictions and allow visitors, who have not received COVID-19 vaccines, to enter the province by land.

#vaccinated #quarantine #ข่าวด่วน #ภูเก็ต

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158025811682050

Wow, this is a bit of a game changer for me. I’ve been wondering how to get my wife back on to Phuket. She’s not vaccinated and won’t go to a hospital for a test.....but she can drive. 

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

You make me laugh TaoNow, criticizing other members and telling them to clarify the Covid-19 situation.

You being an outsider. i.e not resident in Thailand, I doubt you would do the necessary checking if you were here.

There's a name for you, but it would be foolish to mention it on this forum.

How do you know I am not a resident? 

I am not challenging the truth of what others post, just asking for evidence.

And appealing for calm and circumspection. 

Perhaps you could use some too?

1 minute ago, TaoNow said:

How do you know I am not a resident? 

I am not challenging the truth of what others post, just asking for evidence.

And appealing for calm and circumspection. 

Perhaps you could use some too?

You already told me you don' live here  maybe thats why

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158026142897050

Foreigners working for any businesses in Phuket with a Phuket-registered address can now register to be vaccinated through the government mass-vaccination campaign.
The news was announced during a press conference broadcast live online this morning (May 19).

Hmm, but most foreigners in the high risk over 60 category don’t work because they are retired.

I appreciate the intent of this initiative, but the authorities seem to have a blind spot in terms of the high risk over 60 group. Superficially, it seems that a foreigner has to be a teacher, or involved in the tourism industry to be considered for vaccination. At any rate, you need a work permit linked with a Phuket company.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You already told me you don' live here  maybe thats why

I never said that Brian. 

Just musing that, if I were living in Thailand, I would want some empirical evidence of the Covid disaster you all claim it to be.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

I never said that Brian. 

Just musing that, if I were living in Thailand, I would want some empirical evidence of the Covid disaster you all claim it to be.

Ok I'll muse with you and ask you to check the hospitals in whatever area you live but please report back as soon as you have done so, I'm sure with your network of friends we can all get on top of this.

2 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

I am not challenging the truth of what others post, just asking for evidence

Sometimes evidence is bit difficult to obtain from statistics provided.

I have Thai partner of 10years. We live Ding Daeng. Have been on island last couple of months after leaving Bangkok.

Some family in our area are saying ... do NOT come back. They live Ding Daeng market area and seeing mini van ambulance many times per day.

BTW, I don't like posts such as the one I just made. However sometimes people on the ground give good advice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaoNow said:

We need to get back on topic here instead of bickering.

My posts are meant to ask for empirical evidence that the Covid-19 epidemic in Thailand is 'out of control' or a 'disaster.'

All I am asking is that TV members check their local hospitals (via their contacts  through in-laws and friends who know nurses and docters there) to track the bed occupancy rate.

Agreed, back on topic and to make such an exemplary suggestion as you have please show us the way and lead us into righteousness by taking a tour of the hospitals in your area first, please include the names and numbers as evidence then report back when you have all the necessary results.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sometimes evidence is bit difficult to obtain from statistics provided.

I have Thai partner of 10years. We live Ding Daeng. Have been on island last couple of months after leaving Bangkok.

Some family in our area are saying ... do NOT come back. They live Ding Daeng market area and seeing mini van ambulance many times per day.

BTW, I don't like posts such as the one I just made. However sometimes people on the ground give good advice. 

Thanks Dr. Jack.  I think that first-hand reports like yours are very helpful. 

Taken together, they could provide a more complete picture of the sitution in Bangkok and beyond.

Be well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Agreed, back on topic and to make such an exemplary suggestion as you have please show us the way and lead us into righteousness by taking a tour of the hospitals in your area first, please include the names and numbers as evidence then report back when you have all the necessary results.

Brian, I have not said that I am currently resident in Thailand...

16 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Brian, I have not said that I am currently resident in Thailand...

Ah so back to admitting you're not in Thailand. ????

However that makes zero difference as the model of monitoring you are suggesting is transferable in all countries, in fact I think you should email the WHO and tell them to add it as a measure of combating the virus worldwide don't you think?

https://www.who.int/thailand

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

Taken together, they could provide a more complete picture of the sitution in Bangkok and beyond

Normally I would not make such a post.

Lot of farang along with Thai can be bit alarmist.

The Thai guy that told me "do not return to Bangkok under any circumstance", is almost the opposite. Not a sheepee guy.

He is across the board on most things related to bkk. However just one guys opinion. 

I'm staying on the island. 

Keep safe everyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BP are reporting that the Japanese Govt said today that it will ban the entry of all foreign travelers who have visited Thailand.

Thailand is also on the Amber list of countries in the UK

"You should not travel to amber list countries or territories."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand is also on the Amber list of countries in the UK

"You should not travel to amber list countries or territories."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

There goes the Phuket Sand box.   Oh well what will be will be.  Thailand has made it's bed and must sleep in it.  Stay safe folks travel looks tenuous at best 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

There goes the Phuket Sand box.   Oh well what will be will be.  Thailand has made it's bed and must sleep in it.  Stay safe folks travel looks tenuous at best 

I believe there may be countries other than UK targeted, not necessarily for now, but for later in the year. As for UK, there was a mad rush for holidays when the travel restrictions were relaxed a little on 17th May. Countries designated as being in the UK amber zone were popular on the travel agenda, but, as expected, Portugal, a UK green zone designated country was top of the list. Most interestingly for me, and as per UK news, is that the average spend increased from 16,000 Baht for a holiday, to 160,000 Baht. 

27 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

I believe there may be countries other than UK targeted, not necessarily for now, but for later in the year. As for UK, there was a mad rush for holidays when the travel restrictions were relaxed a little on 17th May. Countries designated as being in the UK amber zone were popular on the travel agenda, but, as expected, Portugal, a UK green zone designated country was top of the list. Most interestingly for me, and as per UK news, is that the average spend increased from 16,000 Baht for a holiday, to 160,000 Baht. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57138371

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

But don't worry... in the second half of this year somewhere we will get more vaccines.. Everything is under control, because our Mr Prayuth take good care of everything.. delay stops and brakes all ideas that are not his..or that harm his divine status.... It would be better if he step down and give this position to some one who is capable to handle this. a board of doctors from different hospitals or something with full power for ordering and using any vaccine . 

Or Anutin ?

7 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Yes the UK has some pent up travel demand and taking advantage of it to the green list countries.

Unfortunately Thailand being on the Amber list due to its outbreak and slow vaccination plan will have to wait for the hope of the normal 2 week tourists from there for a while yet.

Edited by Bkk Brian

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It seems that you are shocked that the epidemic isn’t bigger, the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed at this point, with more patients leaving than entering hospitals.

on the other hand, you probably think that the government requirement to hospitalize all positive cases doesn’t make sense.

I'm shocked you don't think there's more going on than they care to tell you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1395166180097150976

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 65 new cases today. The total so far is now 3,874. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (13), Chonburi City (26), and Sriracha (12) #COVID19 #Thailand

The cases never seem to end no matter what.  Test more and find more.  wonder what Chonburi's testing rate and positivity rate is compared to here in BKK.

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Many posters here seem to carry 2 mutually exclusive ideas in their heads:

The official numbers must be wrong, because Thailand’s numbers are lower than just about any other country,

and

Thailand has the official policy to hospitalize anyone found to be infected. No other country does that.

Thailand numbers are low. Why, because they refuse to give free testing to the general population. So the gov't has absolutely no idea the extent of infections. Seems they are betting on getting people vaccinated instead, and that has been, so for typically mismanaged.

4 minutes ago, Jimbone said:

Thailand numbers are low. Why, because they refuse to give free testing to the general population. So the gov't has absolutely no idea the extent of infections. Seems they are betting on getting people vaccinated instead, and that has been, so for typically mismanaged.

Or, maybe you are missing something.

What if Thailand’s management of the epidemic has a unique feature which minimizes the spread of the virus?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The cases never seem to end no matter what.  Test more and find more.  wonder what Chonburi's testing rate and positivity rate is compared to here in BKK.

Chonburi tests plenty every day for the purposes of understanding the spread of the virus.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Or, maybe you are missing something.

What if Thailand’s management of the epidemic has a unique feature which minimizes the spread of the virus?

Okay ,what unique feature is that? Besides testing, how do you know the extent of infection?