Vaccination registration opens for foreigners in all Phuket businesses

webfact

1621405402_1-org.jpg

The mass vaccination campaign continued at Phuket airport yesterday (May 18). Photo: PPHO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Foreigners working for any businesses in Phuket with a Phuket-registered address can now register to be vaccinated through the government mass-vaccination campaign.

The news was announced during a press conference broadcast live online this morning (May 19).

Present for the live broadcast were Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew, Phuket Vice Governor Piyapong Choowong, Phuket Provincial Administrative Organisation (PPAO, or OrBorJor) President Rewat Areerob, Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Kusak Kukiattikoon, Vachira Phuket Hospital Director Chalermpong Sukontapol and Phuket City Police Chief Col Theerawat Liamsuwan.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/vaccination-registration-opens-for-foreigners-in-all-phuket-businesses-80058.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-19

I would say Phuket is quite a safe place to CONTINUE waiting for your jab if your not a business owner or working. Bangkok and Thong Lor night clubbers will need 2 jabs or a PCR negative test now before jumping on a NOK air flight......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Everyone has to be vaccinated best to start with the most vulnerable and medics then if a surge in infections  occurs should reduce the risk of fatalities. Relealisically everyone needs to be vaccinated before opening for Tourism domestic or foreign 

Pipats using a different script to realistic people.

16 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

There is a silver lining: if they are successful with their campaign Phuket will be a safe place to be, as long as you don't "party" too much. For getting  vaccinated my earliest hopes are for Q4/2021, even though I got an appointment on May 31st, but unfortunately T.I.T.

Forget Phuket... what's more important for the economy... a few thousand tourists or a few million Thais back at work?

• Like 2

Dear Rocket Scientist Gov folks,

So comforting to know BUSINESS people ($$$) in Phuket will be registered & vax'd! 

What the heck does that mean for the WHITE DEVILS in the rest of Thailand!!!???

Your jabbing thousands of Thais every day in BKK, = GREAT, but are our arms/shoulders just too much of a RACIAL hurdle for you to contemplate? This is pure, plain, simple, TRANSPARENT racism! For the whole world to see!

Your Tourisim Minister might want to consider the adverse affect this will have on the Thai economy in the future! 

Yet I still LOVE Thai people, Gov not so much!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They are being sacrificed for the millions of Chinese set to flood the island in a few weeks, spending billions of baht.

Im not sure about that I see no indication of a load of Chinese coming to Phuket, according to Booking.com their stats say going by the country the most people looking or searching is from Russia and there does seem a lot of Russians about

Just Phuket? Why not nationwide?

is this all going to be province by province, location by location?

Yesterday the deputy or por dor, wife's nephew, was whizzing around the village with a pre filled list of residents to get their signature for vaccination. As the current lone expat, he asked me if I wanted to sign up. Happy to, I added my name and signature. added

Day 1 since then.... We'll see what will happen, especially as the elections are just a couple of months away...