Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That doesn't make sense. What if you have never had medical treatment here, I haven't ? 

If you listen to the briefing, if you have not had medical treatment here, you then go and register "on site" in Bangkok. Anyway, the video is only about 17 minutes long...

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bradiston said:
6 hours ago, billsmart said:

I have an appointment at my local public hospital for a jab at 4 p.m. on 7 Jun. I've had it for about a week. I registered on the LINE app and scheduled it via the online app Mor Prom.

You have a pinkie then?

Yes, and it was required to register on the Mor Prom LINE app. 

I think a lot of these announcements when they refer to "Thais" and "foreigners" may treat foreigners with Yellow Books and Thai ID cards (pink) the same as Thais -- but that's just an assumption on my part. It seemed to be that way, anyway, for the Mor Prom apps.

58 minutes ago, pookiki said:

A just received a call from a representative of Phayathai 2 Hospital where I have been going for years. She told me that the hospital, as a result of my visit this morning, that I want to be vaccinated and that I would be contacted as soon as a vaccine is available. She said that there was no further need for me to register on or after 7 June - which I thought was very strange. I asked her, again, to be sure that this was the vaccination program by the government and the vaccination was free. She confirmed both issues. She stressed, however, that the hospital did not know when the vaccine will be available. I hope the system is working and that the vaccine will be available in the near future.

Just sent a Line to BNH, which is the hospital I use. I have registered with them about a month ago via email, and I have registered using their Line. The response is that I do not need to register on June 7 again. But, doubting Thomas that I am, I will ask again on 7 June, or thereabouts, as they will no doubt be inundated.

8 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Yes, and it was required to register on the Mor Prom LINE app. 

I think a lot of these announcements when they refer to "Thais" and "foreigners" may treat foreigners with Yellow Books and Thai ID cards (pink) the same as Thais -- but that's just an assumption on my part. It seemed to be that way, anyway, for the Mor Prom apps.

I hope a foreigner who has successfully registered with the Mor Prom Line and has an early appointment, can please tell us whether it was honoured.

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

In the 21 May/Friday briefing is when they announced the registration process for foreigners....totally an on-site manual registration process.  Zero mention of the app....which basically says they are not going to develop the app but just can't bring themselves to flat out say that.   

They would not being announcing this manual registration process unless they had aborted the app just for foreigners.

In earlier briefings they had already mentioned challenges in development of the app because of no suitable central govt database for foreigners.  And in today's/22 May/Saturday briefing the registration process was totally on-site/manual just as the 21 May briefing.     

Development of the app for foreigners has been swept under the rug---which is probably a good thing.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirms a mobile app for foreigners has been scrapped. 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/details-released-on-how-foreigners-can-sign-up-for-vaccine

The Deputy Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that plans have been scrapped for any mobile app or online registration for foreigners, as the data on foreigners living in Thailand is scattered between many agencies. No centralized database exists to use for a mobile app to verify people for a vaccine appointment.

“The issue with pre-registrated appointments on applications is verification of data spread across multiple agencies. CCSA resolved that for foreign nationals, it would be “on-site registration”. Specific agencies have been assigned, and a modality set, for each group”

Edited by Pib
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

In the 21 May/Friday briefing is when they announced the registration process for foreigners....totally an on-site manual registration process.  Zero mention of the app....which basically says they are not going to develop the app but just can't bring themselves to flat out say that.   

They would not being announcing this manual registration process unless they had aborted the app just for foreigners.

In earlier briefings they had already mentioned challenges in development of the app because of no suitable central govt database for foreigners.  And in today's/22 May/Saturday briefing the registration process was totally on-site/manual just as the 21 May briefing.     

Development of the app for foreigners has been swept under the rug---which is probably a good thing.

Not mentioning the app in Saturday's briefing is entirely different than the Spokesman saying that they have discontinued the app. That's pretty misleading for you to conclude they are discontinuing development of the app just because it was not mentioned.

There was "Zero mention about the app" because the focus of the briefing on Saturday was really only about the progress that is being made in on-site registration that will begin on 7 June. 

The Spokesman also did NOT refer to a "totally" on-site registration process.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

I, for one, will probably not want to be standing in an extraordinarily long queue on that day, that's for sure LOL. 

There is every reason for them to develop the app as they said they were in the process of doing, especially for those who can not, or do not want to queue up in long lines for in-person registration.

Added Note:  I just saw your post referring to TheThaiGer article.  So, perhaps what you say might be true, but I have not heard it said directly from the CCSA and until I do I don't accept it as fact. 

TheThaiGer and many other news sources have gotten many things wrong in their reporting on Covid related stories over the past few months so they are hardly what I consider a reliable source. 

The only reliable source for information is the CCSA and I distinctly remember the CCSA spokesman discussing development of the app as late as this past Friday briefing (2 days ago) so the idea that it is now being scrapped, with no mention of that in Saturday's briefing is HIGHLY questionable.

Edited by WaveHunter

3 hours ago, Thaifly88 said:

How many jabs (appointments) will be required and will they give us a vaccine certificate/ passport on completion, that we will need for future travel

2 appointments, 4 weeks apart and yes after the 2nd vaccination you will be issued with a certificate, however I have yet to establish if this will be in Thai, English, or both.

8 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The Spokesman also did NOT refer to a "totally" on-site registration process.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

No mention of on-line registration in the Public Relations CCSA daily English briefing....they just couldn't bring themselves to say online registration had been scarped.  But as I posted earlier a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign affairs has stated the online registration for foreigners has been scraped. 

While these Public Relations CCSA briefings are helpful, they always try to put a happy face on the briefings as it's the PR department's mission to make govt look good....have everything under control, etc.

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

No mention of on-line registration in the Public Relations CCSA daily English briefing....they just couldn't bring themselves to say online registration had been scarped.  But as I posted earlier a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign affairs has stated the online registration for foreigners has been scraped. 

While these Public Relations CCSA briefings are helpful, they always try to put a happy face on the briefings as it's the PR department's mission to make govt look good....have everything under control, etc.

I agree with you that the CCSA attempts to put a happy face on their briefings BUT the fact remains that it is the ONLY official source of information, so hearing anything from other sources that is contrary to what the CCSA briefings say (or do not say) should be viewed suspiciously, and definitely not blindly be accepted to be fact. 

TheThaiger reporting that an official said something is not the same as the CCSA saying it as a fact.  TheThaiger in particular has made a number of blunders in the past interpreting what such and such official said only for it to later be shown they had gotten it wrong.

If the app has truly been scrapped, the CCSA would be obligated to say that is so, and so far they have not.

Knowing how things work in Thailand, I will say I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed scrapped.  I just don't agree that people should be stating opinions as actual facts, or assuming that just because a reporter posted a story, that it is indeed true.  A lot of the confusion and anger reflected in many threads on this forum are a result of such things. 

I just think it is far better to go by official sources of information, and also not forget that this whole vaccination rollout is a highly fluid process that is being work on and defined from one day to the next, so many things will change and should not merely be written off as "flip-flopping"

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) briefing in English on Friday or Saturday mentioned that a list of "designated" hospitals will be published soon.   As usual, the comment was ambiguous as to WHEN  the list will actually be published or other specifics, so I guess we just have to keep checking the daily CCSA briefings to find out.

IMO, the daily Official CCSA briefings in English are really the only reliable source of "official" information.  The CCSA spokesman is very fluent in English and presents information clearly and concisely.  If information is not announced on the CCSA daily briefings then it should not be spread here on the forum as it only makes an already confusing situation even more so.

The official source of information in English that is most helpful is probably The PR Thai Government facebook page

The easiest way to see the daily CCSA briefings in English is through the ThaiPBS YouTube channel, and clicking on this link will show the playlist that includes the latest updates.

The Government Public Relations Department of the Office of the Prime Minister is another source of "official" real time press releases.

Thanks for the link to the daily CCSA briefings in English.  Just listened to today's briefing and thought it was well done and helpful.

50 minutes ago, samtam said:

If you listen to the briefing, if you have not had medical treatment here, you then go and register "on site" in Bangkok. Anyway, the video is only about 17 minutes long...

why should  I wish to go 150 km, to the centre of the present infections just to register?  That makes no sense at all. 

• Like 1

All drivel and carefully trotted out to waste time and weeks of anticipation and give the public hope and something to look forward to!

99% blarney, 1% cock and bull, take your pick.

All they have to do, is juggle the numbers re-hash, throw in a few new scenarios such as Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, awaiting approvals etc and hey presto, it's September already.

If they had put as much effort into obtaining the vaccine as they are doing into the cover up, twenty to twenty five percent of the nation would be vaccinated by now

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

2 appointments, 4 weeks apart and yes after the 2nd vaccination you will be issued with a certificate, however I have yet to establish if this will be in Thai, English, or both.

probably in Chinese ????

6 minutes ago, heyx2rr said:

Thanks for the link to the daily CCSA briefings in English.  Just listened to today's briefing and thought it was well done and helpful.

The same Spokesman has been delivered those briefs for over a year now, and he is superb!  IMO, he has been honest, transparent, and very factual.  He may be ambiguous at times on certains details but you can't fault him on that because official response to the pandemic is a work in progress with things changing from one day to the next. 

The fact is that there really is no other official source of information for those of us who only comprehend English, and relying on expat oriented news channels like TheThaiger or Pattaya Today to report on the Covid situation is an invitation to a lot of misinformation.  Their track record has been pretty bad over the past few months in getting things right.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

why should  I wish to go 150 km, to the centre of the present infections just to register?  That makes no sense at all. 

I think this whole on-site registration process is a "work-in progress" and by no means yet complete.  The designated hospitals mentioned in Saturday's briefing are only the initial ones that CCSA has confirmed, but in all likelihood, many more will be announced in upcoming briefings over the coming days.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The same Spokesman has been delivered those briefs for over a year now, and he is superb!  IMO, he has been honest, transparent, and very factual.  He may be ambiguous at times on certains details but you can't fault him on that because official response to the pandemic is a work in progress with things changing from one day to the next. 

The fact is that there really is no other official source of information for those of us who only comprehend English, and relying on expat oriented news channels like TheThaiger or Pattaya Today to report on the Covid situation is an invitation to a lot of misinformation.  Their track record has been pretty bad over the past few months in getting things right.

And here is that CCSA spokesman on his Twitter acct....on 21 May he said the CCSA has decided appointment for foreigners appts will be via "on-site registration."    

Translation: the earlier idea of using an app/online regristration for foreigners has been scraped but for some reason the CCSA just can't bring themselves to flat-out saying such although a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has made such statement to news media.

https://twitter.com/NatapanuN?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

image.png.da8184bacf136c4957258e2a2c0d1b53.png

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pib said:

I have to admit that after reading that TheThaiger article carefully and reviewing the new infographic shown on Saturday's CCSA briefing, it does sound like the emphasis by officials is now on in-person registration through hospitals, and the process described in-depth by the CCSA spokesman shows that a lot of thought has gone into it in just the couple of days. 

It certainly has come a long way from a week ago  when it was only ambiguously said that foreigners would be eligible to register at some time in the future, with no other details being provided, and angering many expats who felt that Thailand was ignoring their needs.

It does in fact seem to make sense that developing an app would be overwhelming in terms of creating a database for foreigners, so if it actually turns out that registration will only be on-site, I'm sure the CCSA will make that very clear in the upcoming briefings.

I actually like how the in-person process looks even if there are a lot of gray areas for which details are lacking at the moment. 

My biggest question is the statement "foreign nationals may register at any hospital with their health records"  What about foreign nationals (like me) who have never visited a hospital before?  Hopefully future CCSA briefings will elaborate on that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLW said:

Well, the first and last step of every foreign citizen entering or leaving Thailand is Immigration. So it would make sense they keep records about this

There is no doubt about that.

What does not make sense is immigration offices trying to access the same database that is in constant use by airport immigration.

Generally there has never been any need to retrieve foreigners details in the same way as the local population so things will have been done to suit the need as it has come about. How important would it be to be able to quickly find information on someone that entered the country 20 years ago for 2 weeks and has never been back. 

All apps and computer applications are quite useless unless there is efficient data retrieval.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

And here is that CCSA spokesman on his Twitter acct....on 21 May he said the CCSA has decided appointment for foreigners appts will be via "on-site registration."    

Translation: the earlier idea of using an app/online regristration for foreigners has been scraped but for some reason the CCSA just can't bring themselves to flat-out saying such although a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has made such statement to news media.

https://twitter.com/NatapanuN?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

image.png.da8184bacf136c4957258e2a2c0d1b53.png

I know.  I just posted a reply to you concerning my changed views on all of this.  In all likelihood, I now am guessing the app will be scrapped in favor of in-person registration.  My only issue is that I go 100% by what the CCSA says, and not by third party news sources like TheThaiger and Pattaya Today, which have notoriously been bad at reporting factual news.  So, I just don;t think it's a good thing to state something as actual fact until you hear it on the CCSA briefings. 

This Spokesman has always been incredibly transparent, and perhaps nothing was said about scrapping the app in Saturday's briefing because he wanted foreigners to realize that the on-site registration process was not just a promise, but a very well thought out process that is about to become reality on a specific date (June 7) before announcing the scrapping of the app.

My guess is he will announce the scrapping on Monday's briefing, and hopefully provide more details about on-site registration that were missing in Saturday's briefing.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I know.  I just posted a reply to you concerning my changed views on all of this.  In all likelihood, I now am guessing the app will be scrapped in favor of in-person registration.  My only issue is that I go 100% by what the CCSA says, and not by third party news sources like TheThaiger and Pattaya Today, which have notoriously been bad at reporting factual news.  So, I just don;t think it's a good thing to state something as actual fact until you hear it on the CCSA briefings. 

The problem with the 10-20 minute CCSA in English briefings is most of the time at least half of the briefing is spent just on talking the current COVID situation in Thailand....mostly numbers/stats and current COVID hotspots.  We can get that info from numerous media outlets like the Bangkok Post, TheThaiger, and numerous other Thai and foreign news outlets.

Then they generally talk issues that are of concern to foreigners but with little detail in most cases.   

And they don't take Q&A during the briefing.   Occasionally they do say in response to a question from social media here is the answer....but it's always a softball question (i.e., easy question). But taking clarification questions from news media & giving answers during the briefing is a no-go.   If they did take questions during the briefing I expect quite often they would not have an answer, or answer by saying the issue is being worked...guidance to come.  It's fine to say that sometimes, but when said too much people lose interest in watching their future briefings.

Don't get me wrong....these PR CCSA briefing in English are informative to a degree....I watch them everyday and read between the lines....but they still lack a lot of the info/details many are looking for/need. 

13 minutes ago, Pib said:

The problem with the 10-20 minute CCSA in English briefings is most of the time at least half of the briefing is spent just on talking the current COVID situation in Thailand....mostly numbers/stats and current COVID hotspots.  We can get that info from numerous media outlets like the Bangkok Post, TheThaiger, and numerous other Thai and foreign news outlets.

Then they generally talk issues that are of concern to foreigners but with little detail in most cases.   

And they don't take Q&A during the briefing.   Occasionally they do say in response to a question from social media here is the answer....but it's always a softball question (i.e., easy question). But taking clarification questions from news media & giving answers during the briefing is a no-go.   If they did take questions during the briefing I expect quite often they would not have an answer, or answer by saying the issue is being worked...guidance to come.  It's fine to say that sometimes, but when said too much people lose interest in watching their future briefings.

Don't get me wrong....these PR CCSA briefing in English are informative to a degree....I watch them everyday and read between the lines....but they still lack a lot of the info/details many are looking for/need. 

I actually agree with you 100% on the frustration of the briefings.  When they initially started, they actually did address questions from the public but no more, and there are often so many details left unanswered where you just have to hope they will be addressed at future briefings.

My biggest frustration at the moment is the statement in the infographic, "All foreign nationals can register through a hospital that holds their medical records", but what if you have never been to a hospital in Thailand...what then???

It seems like there are so many "what if" aspects of living in Thailand from Immigration office issues to now this, the vaccination issues.  It makes you want to pull your hair out sometimes!

I've actually scheduled an appointment at the Jomtien Hospital for a flu vaccination tomorrow (member of Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and BDMS) just so a hospital has my medical records on file for this purpose, just to cover bases, even though future CCSC briefings will probably address this issue.  Of course I actually do need to get a flu shot as well ????

So many unknowns with everything related to Covid & vaccinations is what really drives me crazy LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Gf got her Sinovac jab yesterday, no side effects, yea I'll have whatever is on offer.

Thanks for taking one for the team if the opp arises

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

The private hospital I visit in Udon,has a international staff ! They are there to answer general questions such as costs, procedures, applications and what to expect from the treatment or services rendered ! All this is done on the app Line,email or phone conversation !

Is it to much to ask for a similar format, I'm just sayin !

Is 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I know, that's why I answered that to his question.

I was trying to be helpful, by stating where on the video this issue was covered. Regret going down that rabbit hole. I should have stated it referred to vax centres in Bangkok, not the provinces. That is covered in another section of the video @ around 10.34 and it is non specific, but it states vaccinations in the provinces will take place "at local vaccination centres", but then fails to mention them, (presumably too numerous, or as yet unidentified). Anyway, I'm sure there will be variations on a theme between now and....fill in the blanks.

Did they mentioned that they will allocate a portion of vacs reserved for foreigners? If not, I still don't see the possibilities of us getting jabs. If registration is separated but vaccine are pooled, good luck to be in queue.