Chinese man who shot two cops: "I thought I was being abducted"

webfact

34 minutes ago, Susco said:

According to this link, the extended magazine is inserted it the correct place.

It's just a carrier for a spare magazine.  The Micro RONI in the pic is a Gen 3.  Gen 2 doesn't have one.  Gen 3 and Gen 4 do.  Gen 4X has a removable one.  Glocks feed cartridges through the pistol grip.  There are pistol caliber carbines that feed from a magazine well in front of the trigger guard.

image.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

There are pistol caliber carbines that feed from a magazine well in front of the trigger guard.

I'm not a weapon expert, or fanatic, that is why I was confused, since the very few weapons I'm aware of have a magazine in front of the trigger.

G-lock seems an interesting gun and I've noticed it's popular in Thailand, so would be really interested to know where to get one

"It was described as evidence gathering and the examination of property"

Roughly translated, " Let's see how much we can make out of this" 

I don't think Mr Leo's wealth is going to last very long, I do see some Hi So cop turning up for work in a Rolls

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Susco said:

I'm not a weapon expert, or fanatic, that is why I was confused, since the very few weapons I'm aware of have a magazine in front of the trigger.

G-lock seems an interesting gun and I've noticed it's popular in Thailand, so would be really interested to know where to get one

Foreigners can no longer buy firearms. There are many gun shops on Burapha Rd. in BKK, near the Old Siam Shopping Plaza.  I used to window shop when I visited.  Prices are very high compared to the U.S.  This is outdated (about ownership at least) but interesting:  https://freepress.org/article/buying-gun-thailand-can-be-expensive

Glocks are pretty rugged and reliable.  I had one but gave it to my son.  He has a couple more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

When you say thrown out....do you mean back to Germany to face a charge of embezzlement?

http://www.pattayamail.com/366/news.htm#hd2

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2003-04-03/wildlife-boss-jailed-for-duping-animal-lovers/1829052

Anyway let's not go any further off-topic.

The headlines and reports are true, I was pointing out the similarity as in so far as there will be no money going to victims in either scam by the time the RTP has finished.

They are absolute locusts when it comes to cash, possessions and valuables and innocent victims will get nothing. And in the case of Wolfgang, even members of government were in on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamieM said:

It's not functional though how would the bullets get from that front magazine to back behind the trigger? it would be impossible given the design of the glock 19

No,

I think that is just like for want of a better word, a holster for the spare/backup bullets.

They then have to be loaded into the magazine of the gun in the normal way.

8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

I think that is just like for want of a better word, a holster for the spare/backup bullets.

They then have to be loaded into the magazine of the gun in the normal way.

What are you disagreeing with?  That is exactly what I am saying, it would be impossible to feed bullets into the chamber from the front holster ????‍♂️

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, AquaThai said:

Is he attempting to say they werent in uniform,  that they didnt announce who they were?  No way... does he not know admitting your crime here helps you.  In the end this will just be another entertaining story from Thailand for the world to read and measure. 

His unusual wealth will make everything ok haha

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamieM said:

What are you disagreeing with?  That is exactly what I am saying, it would be impossible to feed bullets into the chamber from the front holster ????‍♂️

So you agree with me then?????????

• Haha 1

When I see this weapon, I have to ask, why would anybody outside of the military need to

own this weapon of war?  This is not a regular gun, or hunting rifle, it is a banned weapon where I live.

I could still probably go to America to buy one, but why would I want to?  If either of the police die, I do hope

this Chinese guy gets the murder charge, and stays in jail for years and years.

Geezer

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

When I see this weapon, I have to ask, why would anybody outside of the military need to

own this weapon of war?  This is not a regular gun, or hunting rifle, it is a banned weapon where I live.

I could still probably go to America to buy one, but why would I want to?  If either of the police die, I do hope

this Chinese guy gets the murder charge, and stays in jail for years and years.

Geezer

It's a conventional semi-automatic handgun wrapped in a piece of plastic stock that makes it easier to hold and aim.  So you hit your target instead of spraying and praying and hitting bystanders.  In the U.S., it does take registration and requires a $200 tax stamp as a "Short Barreled Rifle" (last I knew).   My son has several SBRs, no big deal.  He even has sound suppressors, which are much noisier in real life than in Hollywood movies.  More $200 tax stamps. 

That said, a Glock can be illegally modified to fire full-automatic.  I don't know if it would work with that stock, but perhaps.  Full auto works great for about 1 - 2 seconds in case you have a butt-load of angry drug dealers rushing the front door.  Gives you time to chuck a couple hand grenades in their direction.

I grew up with firearms in the U.S., so no big deal to me.  I took a plane trip one time as an unaccompanied minor of maybe 13 yrs, and took my .22 rifle as carry-on luggage.  It wasn't loaded - the cartridges were in the side pocket of the rifle case.  The stewardess helped to stow it in the 1st class coat closet.  I had my kids shooting a semi-auto AK47 type rifle when they were younger than that.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 9:44 AM, AlfHuy said:

Another one of those lovely Chinese.

Get them all vaccinated and send back by EPS to Scheina.

We all must learn to live with our Chinese friends . There will be no sending back . They are here to stay.  Grouping all Chinese in your statement from one incident is quite frankly racist.

Yup definitely an American.  My first father in law was an American, who was always trying to get me to buy a pistol,

even this was years ago, it is very hard to own even a pistol in Canada. License is needed, proper storage, and can

only take the pistol from house directly to shooting range.  This is why I said why would I even want an automatic weapon

like the one this Chinese guy had, or anything other than a hunting rifle, or 22 rifle.  I did own a 410 shotgun that I used for grouse and

ducks. Useful firearms.

11 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If either of the police die, I do hope this Chinese guy gets the murder charge, and stays in jail for years and years.

He won't, the fact that he managed to shoot two cops during the raid and survived says it all.

I would place a bet on him not even being in custody as I write this.