Getting rid of tiny ants

t101eddy

Recently I see many little ants coming from the socket or from very tiny cracks and they walk in line, but I am not sure why they come in the house. The room where I have this problem is clean, no food, no junk, not even a crumpled piece of paper. What can I do to get rid of them and stop others to come?

Thank you!

Mix borax powder with a bit of sugar and honey. Add hot water to make a liquid paste and leave bottle caps around their trails. Once they start taking it back to their nest it will take about four days, then no more ants.

You can but Borax powder online from Chemipan.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, adammike said:

There's a powder you can get.I got it from the  supermarket by the bus station in Jomtien.it did the job no problem 

Tesco lotus sells a small yellow plastic container, complete with a sachet of tiny granules for about 50 baht. you put the granules into the container and leave it in the path of the marching ants. within a couple of hours, all ants are dead/gone/no longer a problem.

Try it. I was sceptical last year, those tiny biting ants were everywhere. Colonies appearing all over the house. now the problem appears to have been solved.

I also have a few packets handy for future use.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Tesco lotus sells a small yellow plastic container, complete with a sachet of tiny granules for about 50 baht. you put the granules into the container and leave it in the path of the marching ants. within a couple of hours, all ants are dead/gone/no longer a problem.

Try it. I was sceptical last year, those tiny biting ants were everywhere. Colonies appearing all over the house. now the problem appears to have been solved.

I also have a few packets handy for future use.

Hope this helps.

They don't bite. They excrete powerful formic acid.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2021 at 7:39 AM, Swiss1960 said:

This... put it along their path. If they like it, you will see the gather and eat  bring it back to their nest and you won't see them again

Edit: I buy it in Tops supermarket

20210523_073640.jpg

This stuff is MAGIC  !

• Like 2

I second the Bayer Quantum.  Just put a drop in their path.  They will come and take it back to their nest and kill the queen off too.  That will get rid of them for awhile until a new batch of ants come to make a nest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaiowl said:

I have used this stuff for years. The ants take the contents back to their nest and then die.

Ars ant killer.jpg

I've been using that stuff for years, and it does work well.

I used to crush into smaller pieces for smaller ants until I saw some tiny ants carrying full-size granules back to the nest.  Now, I don't crush the stuff any more.

I have imported the stuff to the USA, Japan and Mexico at various times to handle ant invasions there.

• Like 2

This... put it along their path. If they like it, you will see the gather and eat  bring it back to their nest and you won't see them again

20210523_073640.jpg

I don't understand about ant trails and where they enter or leave, I just don't have the inclination to study or follow them, I see them running around in my kitchen, gathering inside my kettle with some of them drowned, I just keep killing them all the time. I have just accepted that it is all I can do.

Spraying a mix of vinegar and water may help, but not when they keep gathering in my kettle.

Cheapest/easiest way to get rid of ants, dog tick/flea powder, twenty five baht from Lazada, works a treat.

Just seen a load of ants around the table, spread a bit of tick powder 10 minutes all dead.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I don't understand about ant trails and where they enter or leave, I just don't have the inclination to study or follow them, I see them running around in my kitchen, gathering inside my kettle with some of them drowned, I just keep killing them all the time. I have just accepted that it is all I can do.

Spraying a mix of vinegar and water may help, but not when they keep gathering in my kettle.

With the Bayer gel, you don't need to understand anything about trails and such. When you see ants on the floor, put some drops of the gel where they walk (2 or more, no matter come or go), preferably near a wall so that yo don't step on the gel, the ants nearby will smell it, try it, alert their compadres to come for a meal and take it back to the nest where they kill all their brethren, unborn, kings & queens (what ever they have) and you won't see them again after few hours, then you clean up the drop(s)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Cheapest/easiest way to get rid of ants, dog tick/flea powder, twenty five baht from Lazada, works a treat.

Just seen a load of ants around the table, spread a bit of tick powder 10 minutes all dead.

but with the powder, you seem to kill them on the spot... while with the gel, they take it back to the nest to feed all others too...

I hate ants! I am defiantly going to try the baking soda method.

I remember when I had 1000's of tiny ants everywhere, when I lived in Spain. They were all over my computer, swimming in my tea, running all over my desk and everywhere else you could think of. In the end I tipped a bowl of sugar on to the kitchen table, making a big heap, and left them to it. They never bothered me again, and they were very happy! They left me alone, and I left them too it.

20210523_073640.jpg

OH MY BUDDHA!!! I bought a tube, laid out a small line, and within an hour every ant and their friends within two blocks are munching down. I'll keep y'all posted on the progress.

P.S. Picked it up at Big C Pattaya Klang, 188 baht.

Edited by J Town
added location

I use this and it works great.  Ants take it to the nest and in a few days the whole colony is destroyed.

On Lazada, Shoppee, or Homepro.  A bit pricey @ 199 baht.

Screenshot_20210525-073032.jpg

On 5/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, possum1931 said:

Don't discount using vinegar/water in your kettle.  I know it's recommended to flush coffee makers out with vinegar/water to remove hard water mineral deposits.  I assume it would do the same for your kettle.  Just be sure to rinse it out well after any vinegar contact.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1