Busted In Bangkok.

WineOh

Mark is the typical falang ........   half bottle whisky.........  

Elephant pants, I still wear them after 20-years.    I still can't speak Thai.... I say ..............Kloooooooooup Khaaaaaaaaaaup         Kllllllllaaa     and then i do something with my hands......  

that video looked about 20-years old.......esp. because of covid

yes, Mark is everyone here!!! Mark is all of us!!!  Mark is who were were, are, and will be!!!!  Mark is the falang tourist

i also heard about cheap alcohol, accommodation, and amazing food.  dude, the oil they use is OK if you are under 30....and those drinks aren't cheap anymore.  a room?  depends how you define a room

Yours Truly,

Mark

10 minutes ago, josthomz said:

The important thing is not the bad things we've done; but rather whether we have learned something from them or not.

Very true mate.

The man who learns nothing from his mistakes is a fool unto himself.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Can't argue with the narrator's quip (at 43min) that "Slapping a police officer is a surefire way to end your evening" !

Unless you're a hiso drunken Thai actress, in which case you can drive your expensive car into a Thai policeman and kill him, then a couple of years later be hired by the Thai government to promote vaccinations. 

• Haha 1

a northerner, from the north of england i assume....

i met a guy from the north of england, who was telling me that the further north you went, the friendlier the people were, but looked like he was happy to fight anyone who disagreed with this. he was from manchester.

not surprising how many guys from this area make it onto the thai news regularly. i prefer to make acquaintances with the shandy drinking southerners myself...

• Haha 1

When I was a young man on my first trip to Thailand, I think I probably went a little over the top. But certainly never behaved like the people in this video, and other similar ones that I've watched. What on Earth was going on with that Arabic lady? If she has mental health issues, what is she doing in Thailand?

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WineOh said:

So have I and you get to see them hang out their dirty laundry in 3D!

I can only stomach that for 24hrs though then I have had enough.

Last time I was in Pattaya I did 48 hours and it felt like 48 days.

I really do hope they clean that place up before Thailand reopens. 

Went in 94 with a tour group, almost all went straight to a travel agent after a look round to get off somewhere else like Kho Chang, I stuck it out. Went back for a week a few years later but left after one night, I gave it a go, but the place was just stomach churningly horrible, people, music, bars and even the sea!

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

. Went back for a week a few years later but left after one night, I gave it a go, but the place was just stomach churningly horrible, people, music, bars and even the sea!

it's a sad sight to see IMO.

I do hope it gets better as it does have some potential, though I wont be holding my breath. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WineOh said:

To be fair you get Marks everywhere, not just Pattaya.

It's just that in Pattaya you have a higher concentration of Marks per square mile.

Possibly the highest concentration in the world bar Benidorm. 

You have obviously never been to Playa de las Americas on Tenerife

Coronation Street in the Sun

• Like 1

[quote]

...If she has mental health issues, what is she doing in Thailand?

[/quote]

She is in Thailand because she has mental health issues!

I worked as a Tourist Police Volunteer for about 12 years, in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.  I met more than my fair share of mentally-disturbed foreign tourists.  Since it was well-known that my Thai wife was bipolar and 'totally crazy', the local Thai police always called me up to deal with the 'loonies'....  

I should maybe document some of those events on YouTube!

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, CharlieH said:

Everyone knows you shouldnt tar all with the same brush, BUT with people being exposed to that on a regular basis, its not really any surprise the attitudes and opinions of some are distorted toward "farangs".

About 10 years ago, we decided to visit Koh Phangan.  Picked smack in the middle of 2 full moon parties thinking we were safe.  Wrong!

I've never seen a more bizarre bunch of people.  Tats, piercings and dreads everywhere.  Some truly bizarre people just interested in doing drugs and partying all night.  Never went back until last year when it was absolutely lovely.  NO tourists! LOL

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

About 10 years ago, we decided to visit Koh Phangan.  Picked smack in the middle of 2 full moon parties thinking we were safe.  Wrong!

I've never seen a more bizarre bunch of people.  Tats, piercings and dreads everywhere.  Some truly bizarre people just interested in doing drugs and partying all night.  Never went back until last year when it was absolutely lovely.  NO tourists! LOL

What's bizarre about Tats and piercings?  I detest them but most football players and other over indulgent sportsman are the prime culprits. Frankly they should all be banned along with  everyone that shaves their head, wear funny clothes and otherwise don't fit into my ideals regarding social acceptance. But then that's just me

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've never seen a more bizarre bunch of people.  Tats, piercings and dreads everywhere.  Some truly bizarre people just interested in doing drugs and partying all night.

What's bizarre about that? 

It's called having fun! 

4 minutes ago, WineOh said:

What's bizarre about that? 

It's called having fun! 

I'll try to find a picture.  They looked like the dregs of the earth.  Unshaven, ratty hair, guys with no shirts on and pierced nipples, belly buttons, etc.  Sorry, but I don't want to see this.  And many smelled terrible!  Incredible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'll try to find a picture.  They looked like the dregs of the earth.  Unshaven, ratty hair, guys with no shirts on and pierced nipples, belly buttons, etc.  Sorry, but I don't want to see this.  And many smelled terrible!  Incredible.

What the hell were you doing on Koh Phangan then?

even my elderly mother knows that it is a world renowned party island full of what you have described.

You should have stayed at home.

30 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

But.... he has a good heart.

DE7653DA-AB9A-44D0-AE7A-ADFC36795261.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

What the hell were you doing on Koh Phangan then?

even my elderly mother knows that it is a world renowned party island full of what you have described.

You should have stayed at home.

Why stay at home?  We'd never been and wanted to see what it was all about.  I picked the exact middle of the 2 parties and still....crazy.  Went back last year and it was LOVELY!!!

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, some weren't far off from this!

Why anyone would want to do that to their body boggles my mind.

At least, nobody would touch them when locked up at the Hilton BKK

• Haha 1

Just now, Jeffr2 said:

Why stay at home?  We'd never been and wanted to see what it was all about.  I picked the exact middle of the 2 parties and still....crazy.  Went back last year and it was LOVELY!!!

Funny, I also went last year and it was dead boring.

In fact, I think I may have seen you in one of the restaurants.

Did you have a red, white & blue hat on??

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Yes, I saw him too.

4F6A4C75-0087-4589-A3FB-119F54D3E7F0.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WineOh said:

LOL.  Never wear a hat!  We loved it there.  Stayed for a few weeks and got rooms right on the beach for a fraction of what they cost before. 

But yes, if you're looking for nightlife, it was boring.  We were happy to be away from it all.  Loved it.  And no need to pre-book rooms.  Whatever you wanted...as long as it was still open!