CCSA Waits for WHO’s Certification for Sinovac Vaccine

snoop1130

S__35021055-e1621841811215-1536x806-1.jpg

BANGKOK, May 24 (TNA) – The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said it was waiting for an official document from the World Health Organization that certifies the COVID-19 vaccine of Sinovac and would use it to support its own certification.

Dr Apisamai Srirangson, deputy spokesperson of CCSA, said the Public Health Ministry was following up developments related to the possibility of WHO certifying the Sinovac vaccine.

WHO already certified a vaccine produced by Sinopharm and will next deal with the vaccine of Sinovac. 

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-703039

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-05-24

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

only having 1 choice of a vaccine? 

Who says there is only 1 choice of a vaccine?

PS; Apart from you that is!

Edited by fangless
PS added.

15 minutes ago, fangless said:

As of right now those under 60 only have the choice of Sinovac. The Az vaccine has also not been truly rolled out except for the small amount they received back in March.  Still waiting on the production to kick in.  But maybe you know more than I do and have seen.

https://www.dw.com/en/thailand-covid-vaccination/a-57599302

Just over 1.5 million of Thailand's more than 66 million people have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, mostly that of Sinovac Biotech. Those include medical workers or people with pre-existing health conditions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, fangless said:

Well Phuket are saying it's Sinovac or nothing... so that's a good indicator

• Like 1

Unfortunately for the Czar, the Internet remembers everything...and it was only January the 17th, where he specifically stated the following...and yet, here we are 4 months later, and the very vaccine he has been testing on the Thai people, is still not certified by WHO.

But I guess its ok, Siam Bioscience will be delivering 10million doses of AZ in a few weeks...sorry...what was that?

Source https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30401368

Screen Shot 2564-05-25 at 11.12.36 AM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why is CCSA waiting for WHO to certificate the Sinovac Vaccine.

If the Thai Government are so desperate to get their mitts on a Chinese Vaccine, Sinopharm has been certified since like 6 weeks or more.

Why not buy that Vaccine, or would that upset a certain very large conglomerate who has a 15 % stake in Sinovac.

They are only waiting to legitimize what they have been pumping into people now since March.  Hoping that this certification by the WHO also takes away the vaccine hesitancy by the public.  However, it will take much more than a certification by the WHO to legitimize the Sinovac vaccine. 

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why wait, they are already vaccinating millions with it.  Or do they think the certification by the WHO will make the population less apoplectic at only having 1 choice of a vaccine? 

Several TVF members firmly believe that there are two vaccines available. This is marginally true as some AZ was available for gov and hiso but it's now clear that the small supply is gone and production is delayed indefinitely.

So in a practical sense sinovac is still the only thing available.

Chinese junk. I'll wait for moderna.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Several TVF members firmly believe that there are two vaccines available. This is marginally true as some AZ was available for gov and hiso but it's now clear that the small supply is gone and production is delayed indefinitely.

So in a practical sense sinovac is still the only thing available.

Chinese junk. I'll wait for moderna.

Because the fact the it's really effective at keeping people out of the hospital and keeping them from dying are worthless things?

43 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because the fact the it's really effective at keeping people out of the hospital and keeping them from dying are worthless things?

As far as I'm concerned, it's junk.

Let me make myself perfectly clear to you.

I dislike the CCP, their policies, food, pharmaceuticals, electronics, tactics, repressive regime, global aggressiveness, tourists, and all their products. I trust them and their entire country as far as I can throw it. I avoid all things Chinese to the best of my ability. I have no trust whatsoever in their drugs.

By all means, make your own choice.

End of discussion.

14 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

As far as I'm concerned, it's junk.

Let me make myself perfectly clear to you.

I dislike the CCP, their policies, food, pharmaceuticals, electronics, tactics, repressive regime, global aggressiveness, tourists, and all their products. I trust them and their entire country as far as I can throw it. I avoid all things Chinese to the best of my ability. I have no trust whatsoever in their drugs.

By all means, make your own choice.

End of discussion.

Let me make a few things clear to you.

There have been several large scale population studies that have clearly established that taking Coronavirus will provide strong protection to inoculees.

China has been producing pharmaceuticals for the world for many years now. A huge amount of the manufacturing has been relocated from developed nations to China. No reports of large scale deaths from said products.

You can, of course, be as irrational as you please. 

And I've got some news that may be distressing to you: you don't get to end a discussion.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Why is CCSA waiting for WHO to certificate the Sinovac Vaccine.

If the Thai Government are so desperate to get their mitts on a Chinese Vaccine, Sinopharm has been certified since like 6 weeks or more.

Why not buy that Vaccine, or would that upset a certain very large conglomerate who has a 15 % stake in Sinovac.

I found a very interesting statement from CP Group on their website today:

Charoen Pokphand CP is not involved in the vaccine order. Sinovac Of government both directly and indirectly

"

Due to confusion in online news about Sinovac vaccines, (1) CP holds 15% of Sinovac and (2) CP may be involved in the purchase of the Sinovac vaccine.  Wak of that government  Charoen Pokphand Group (CP) would like to inform you that  Such information  This is not true at all.  With the following facts:

Purchasing Sinovac Vaccine  It is a government-to-government (G2G) only. It has no direct or indirect relationship with CP.
 Charoen Pokphand Group (CP) is not a shareholder.  Sinovac Company 15%, as reported by
 Investors facts are Sino Biopharmaceutical.  Which is a Chinese pharmaceutical company  Listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange  The Charoen Pokphand Group is the only minor shareholder of Sino Biopharmaceutical Company.

Fact The seller, Sinovac Life Sciences, is a subsidiary of Sinovac, seeking to raise funds.  To expand the production of Sinovac vaccine
 Sino Biopharmaceutical facts  Acquired a stake in Sinovac Life Sciences of US $ 515 million, or 03%, conducting business of that company.  By Charoen Pokphand Group  Not involved  It does not own any shares and does not have any ownership rights in any Sinovac Life Sciences Company.

The Charoen Pokphand Group  It is only a minor shareholder in Sino Biopharmaceutical.  Invested through the Hong Kong Stock Exchange  There is no right to administer and intervene in any decision-making in Sinovac.

And the Charoen Pokphand Group confirms that  No direct or indirect involvement.  With the government's order for the Sinovac vaccine to enter Thailand as a distortion in the online media in any way.

However, if found  The information is also deliberately distorted and damaging.  Causing misunderstanding  The Charoen Pokphand Group needs further legal action.

With respect

Communication and public confidence

Charoen Pokphand Group

25 May 2021"

09sinovac-25052021-594x840.jpg.044bc6e625e742eab443406542c4ec98.jpg

Edited by sathornlover