Thailand reports 3,226 COVID-19 cases, 26 more deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Obviously, the real numbers aren’t close to that, so the City positivity rate is not anywhere near 10%.

Who was saying city wide positivity rate is 10%?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let me provide some numbers for the Doomsayers:

There are about 12 million people in the Bangkok area. Let’s call it 10 million to eliminate those inoculated or previously infected.

Let’s examine the impact of a city wide 10% positivity rate, that’s a million infected, right now.

With 10% of the infected being symptomatic, that’s 100,000 people needing a hospital bed right now, not a field hospital bed, but a real hospital bed.

With a 1% case fatality rate, that’s 10,000 deaths within the next 21 days.

Obviously, the real numbers aren’t close to that, so the City positivity rate is not anywhere near 10%.

Which of those 12,000,000 has the virus politely agreed not to infect?

Is it allowed to infect anyone in say Pratumwan or is there some kind of agreement saying it is not allowed to go there?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Vaccinations Update for Tuesday, with Thailand for the first time passing 3 percent of its population having received the first dose of a COVID vaccine.

Screenshot_12.jpg.229508a8070391f1a8b7232fd3f5b0cf.jpg

The two graphs below show total doses thus far, and then the most recent day subtotals for first and second doses given.

Screenshot_7.jpg.48d04c3bf93173f845b7d62a4be3d4d5.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg.e6e6f43ca1f93b911a29d7c9acdb8b6b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/332072668411064

What i don't get is that the press is not over these numbers. With these low amounts they will never reach 70% on time. Each and every day they do only 110.000 they will have to catch up 390.000 jabs. (and my 500k per day is just for first jabs). 

So why isnt the press burning them down for having goals that are never going to be reached ?

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

3k per day that's 90000 cases per week.  The math is simple when you look at how many end up in ICU's, hospitalized, etc.  

3 K per Day is 21,000 cases  / Week OR 90,000 per Month

The Math is simple.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Brian has posted the map showing the places with 1% or less interspersed with some hotspots.

Dream a little dream.  Really look closely at what was posted, or did you not even look at it to begin with......lol

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Department of Corrections are reporting 1,429 new cases & one more death. There are now 15,914 prisoners in care which is 5.10% of the prison population. Most cases today are in Nonthaburi Prison (1,052) & Thonburi Remand Prison (339). 74 wardens are in care #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397120196150579200

I hope something will be done about the overcrowded conditions in prisons which is among the worst in the world. So many are there just waiting for their trial. So far, 18,510 inmates have been infected and three have died from #COVID19. 160 wardens are also infected #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1397123014177656832

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Finally some reason.

If they had locked down Bangkok as they did Samut Sakhon when they discovered the UK variant in early April then this situation would never have been this bad. I remember however that you were one of those who was adamant that travel at Songkran should still go ahead.

Sure, I was against a Songkran lockdown. I didn't want my family's long-planned holiday cancelled and was very relieved it wasn't.  We had a great time and survived the trip, you'll be pleased to hear.

There are around 12 million people in metropolitan Bangkok, so it was never going to be a realistic option to lock down the entire city! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes although as per the graph (first graphic) the overall active testing in Bangkok stats for yesterday was 8.96%

But nobody is saying that the overall positivity rate for Bangkok is 8.96%, or anywhere close to that.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

But nobody is saying that the overall positivity rate for Bangkok is 8.96%, or anywhere close to that.

Yes they are, CCSA are saying that, in all the active testing done yesterday it was 8.96%.

Screenshot_10.jpg.2bb380f6e2e6bb698bb122c78130933a.jpg

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sure, I was against a Songkran lockdown. I didn't want my family's long-planned holiday cancelled and was very relieved it wasn't.  We had a great time and survived the trip, you'll be pleased to hear.

There are around 12 million people in metropolitan Bangkok, so it was never going to be a realistic option to lock down the entire city! 

Pleased you had a lovely holiday at Songkran, I'm not pleased the travel lead directly to the spread of the virus.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes although as per the graph (first graphic) the overall active testing in Bangkok stats for yesterday was 8.96%

Not sure what period the second graphic is in relation to ?? total tests of nearly 200k ??

1 minute ago, Swimfan said:

Not sure what period the second graphic is in relation to ?? total tests of nearly 200k ??

Its a rolling average I think, they don't post these charts everyday but nearly everyday

25th May: 8.96%

23rd May: 9.05%

22 May: 9.08%

20 May: 7.21%

19th May: 7.04%

18th May: 6.98%

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its a rolling average I think, they don't post these charts everyday but nearly everyday

This one is rolling average ?

Screenshot_11.jpg.bdd9fa1766c917b6e2770c527f972e52.jpg

11 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

This one is rolling average ?

Screenshot_11.jpg.bdd9fa1766c917b6e2770c527f972e52.jpg

Sorry don't know, don't think so on this one? There's something like 28 hotspots in Bangkok so the above is just a small selection. 

However if you look at the actual chart it has a rolling average graph and its over a month period.

Screenshot_10.jpg.2bb380f6e2e6bb698bb122c78130933a.jpg

Edited by Bkk Brian

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Going up then

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Which is indicative of a wave that is receding. But, it’s not a consistent 2.9% everywhere, it’s areas of low positivity and then some hotspots. Once the hotspots are eliminated, this wave will be mostly eradicated.

Why the areas of low positivity? Are they the areas where the virus has signed an agreement to not be naughty? How long are the hotspots in the agreemtent with Covid for? Does it have to vacate after a few weeks and of course agree to not cross any boundaries.

Such a well behaved virus according to your hypothesise.

1 hour ago, jacob29 said:

I said mass testing isn't super helpful, as shown in the US and UK before they got the vaccine. Retroactive quarantine isn't particularly useful either, as by the time someone has been tested and quarantined, they've infected others already.

The level of testing performed now seems to be adequate, as evidenced by the last 15 months. Not perfect, but not woefully inadequate. Time and time again people said the numbers were way way higher than reported, and we haven't really seen evidence of this, covid deaths seemed roughly inline with what you would expect.

What do you call adequate testing in a country of 70,000,000.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Walk-ins seem to be decreasing slightly, so thats one of the few good signs. 

This maybe an indication of walkin testing hesitancy which maybe taken as a bad sign.In this situation I'm taking the half empty angle.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Maybe it's me, but it looks like the number of hospital walk-in cases (the blue bars) peaked in late April. 

Nah it's walkin hesitancy that's growing at an exponential rate, the testing numbers prove that, well that's my story and I'm not sticking to it!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Nah it's walkin hesitancy that's growing at an exponential rate, the testing numbers prove that, well that's my story and I'm not sticking to it!

Also, hesitancy to have Covid symptoms, too. 

Maybe some hesitancy to get infected. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

What do you call adequate testing in a country of 70,000,000.

Dinsdale, my pal: 

When you order a bowl of soup at a restaurant and want to check and see if the soup is too salty or not, do you drink the whole bowl of soup, or do you try a spoonful?  Food for thought.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

What i don't get is that the press is not over these numbers. With these low amounts they will never reach 70% on time. Each and every day they do only 110.000 they will have to catch up 390.000 jabs. (and my 500k per day is just for first jabs). 

So why isnt the press burning them down for having goals that are never going to be reached ?

Answer is they're not allowed to publish criticism like that, emergency decree gives the PM overall control on covid reporting I believe.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet Thailand will not take them even if they were free.....no authorization from Pfizer to transfer the vaccines......you can not give medicine away that was designated for another.  Should be vaccinating the dogs of war since Hong Kong has been under siege by China for awhile....

As a Hong Kong permanent resident,  HK is not under siege from China, they own it. Albeit they've reneged on their 50 year agreement. 

With a current 7 day rolling average of 1 case per day, it's not surprising that 70% of Honkies haven't bothered to get vaccinated. 

But the majority of vaccination centers are only offering Sinovac,  but there are a few offering Pfizer..free!

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pleased you had a lovely holiday at Songkran, I'm not pleased the travel lead directly to the spread of the virus.

Thanks.  It's a pandemic, it was inevitable that the virus would spread.  We can just be grateful that (so far) Thailand hasn't experienced the horrendous numbers of fatalities that other nations have.