Anutin confident on Thailand’s vaccine rollout, talks with Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer ongoing

webfact

6 hours ago, statman78 said:

Wasn’t earlier this year we were being told Thailand would get 5-10 doses of Pfizer by the end of the year?  Same with J&J and Sputnik but with different quantities.  It looks like no orders have been placed for any of these.

Wasn’t earlier this year we were being told Thailand would get 5-10 doses of Pfizer by the end of the year?

Sounds about right  - just enough for The PM and Deputy PM's families!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

According to Pfizer Thailand they haven't received an order yet from the Thai government
Just how long will Thai people put up with this incompetence?? I must say they're very patient!!

Just how long will Thai people put up with outright lying?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This news it akin to saying Vanilla Ice is confident we will have nuclear fusion energy within a years time. Sometimes, someone loses credibility to the extent that nothing they say can be trusted anymore. 

Are they so out of touch, that they are completely unaware of the sentiments of the people? Or is it just utter indifference? 

Honestly, I think the latter.

In which other country would such an unqualified "engineer" be given the job of Minister of Health"? Every statement he gives is so often reversed, or is so outrageously untrue or at the least highly improbable, that he has no credibility whatsoever. The closing line of his latest statement is typical:- 

"All the people will get vaccinated in Thailand, he reiterated."  Of course, he will refute that at some time, or say that what he meant to say was "All the people that get vaccinated will be living in Thailand" (Or something similar!)

And "Anutin insisted that from June 7th - a date becoming a D-Day in the minds of the Thai public - everyone would start to get vaccinated.

What on earth does that mean? On June 7th every  person in the country would begin the process of having a needle stuck in their arm?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't care what vaccine I get, it can be sino for all I cared but I want it now. Months or a year later when vaccine is abundant, I will just go to any clinic and pay for whatever brand I want. For now I'll be grateful to get the SinoChino no problem, but please stop delaying the process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

But all vaccines were good in the Covid-19 fight, he said, they were all Thai FDA approved and fine, safe and efficacious for anyone over 18.

Of course, the only problem was that none of the vaccine were in country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Wasn’t earlier this year we were being told Thailand would get 5-10 doses of Pfizer by the end of the year?

Sounds about right  - just enough for The PM and Deputy PM's families!

Oops!  I forgot to add million doses

6 hours ago, brommers said:

If you saw the Pfizer contract terms eith the EU it eould ve ckear why no contract has been signed here. Pfizer & all other vaccine makers dont need the hassle of dealing with this shambolic mob because they can sell every dose they make to reputable governments. So be prepared for a very long wait to see anything but Chinese junk or Russian rubbish.

Yes, and regarding deal with AstraZeneca, EU is launching yet another suit against them regarding agreed doses not delivered on time:

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-sues-astrazeneca-again-over-delayed-covid-vaccine-doses/a-57495153

In that suit AstraZeneca is claiming it had only committed to doing its "best reasonable efforts." Is that an indicator as to what will happen if Thailand needs doses to be supplied from a facility other than SB Bioscience? Anyway, a lawsuit is not the answer to resolving issues quickly. Quicker to get other vaccines.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, mtls2005 said:

He's desperate.

Maybe he'll be the first one thrown off the HMS Thaitanic.

Idiots first, then women and children.

Too rich, knows too many secrets to be tossed under the bus, the sole reason for his expert Cabinet appt, complete with lab coat (not the sniffer dogs). He'll fade into the background while waiting his moment just like the other evil dark lords.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

For those who are waiting for Pfizer. You should take a look at the Philippines which is very close. Big promises, but few doses after a huge delay of several months.
https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/2/11/ph-faces-pfizer-vaccine-delivery-delay.html
https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/5/10/pfizer-vaccines-arrive.html

These countries operate the same way.... 

Crackpot politicians making promises they know they can’t keep....  wash, rinse, repeat. 

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:40 AM, RandolphGB said:

Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson may be able to produce vaccines but they weren’t prepared for Thai bureaucracy, which is a whole another level.

It's unlikely they have any intention of sourcing Pfizer, Moderna and J&J vaccines.

The new initiative by the CRA appears to also prefer sourcing from Sinopharm.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

These countries operate the same way.... 

Crackpot politicians making promises they know they can’t keep....  wash, rinse, repeat. 

With all due respect to the western politicians, but here they are definitely those who are making promises they can’t keep.

• Like 1