Exchange rate baht vs. dollar

I must assume the you are referring to the U.S. dollar. Are you aware that the baht is directly tethered to the U.S. dollar? Therefore has less movement in relation to the U.S. dollar. For other "dollars" the baht has dropped significantly over the last year.

Screenshot_20210527-123850.png

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not the THB to AUD though that seems to be only getting stronger at 24.5 THB to AUD for no reasons what so ever and no one knows when it will go softer...

The other name for AUD is "China's proxy". When the Chinese are doing well, AUD is going up. Last year nearly 40% of all exports went to China.

https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/australias-trade-goods-china-2020

The yuan is also at 3 years high against the USD.

• Like 1

- 90% of GDP household debt.

- Government take 500 billion baht emergency loan.

- Increase in Covid, while the US is decreasing. 

- 6 million unemployed.

- Tourist sector hibernating.

Lots going on against the baht, but it stay strong.

Exports have been a bright spot lately and that is apparent enough to keep it around 31.

I am also hoping for 31.5, but sadly it did not happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Can you elaborate on this point please? THB peg to USD ended in 1997. USD has lost roughly 25% against THB over past 20 years and approx 12% over past 5 years. 

Yes, duh. If it were pegged, the exchange rate wouldn't fluctuate at all would it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Can you elaborate on this point please? THB peg to USD ended in 1997. USD has lost roughly 25% against THB over past 20 years and approx 12% over past 5 years. 

Yikes... I was way outta date!!

Mea culpa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 1:00 PM, Susco said:

You think it would help if the US would print a few Trillion USD more?

It should be called   amazing america !       how they get away with the endless dropping of paper money from helicopters is indeed amazing.        

good thing all those mericans living in million dollar 2 bedroom houses don't sell up and

come live here !   ( nah,  they couldn't handle it    ???? )

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

- 90% of GDP household debt.

- Government take 500 billion baht emergency loan.

- Increase in Covid, while the US is decreasing. 

- 6 million unemployed.

- Tourist sector hibernating.

Lots going on against the baht, but it stay strong.

Exports have been a bright spot lately and that is apparent enough to keep it around 31.

I am also hoping for 31.5, but sadly it did not happen.

Your getting it !

The covid crisis hasn't effected the baht strength  even with tourism revenue and unemployment figures  way down ! You would think that the bht vs the USA dollar would be 33 or higher imop

Sort of on topic

I have my VPN defaulted to UK but when buying something from the Internet I have discovered in current times that changing back to Thailand (where it may come up in $US or already exchanged to Baht) to make a purchase, I am charged the dollar to Baht. When exchanging GBP to Thai Baht or $US there is a difference even worthwhile to enjoy for something as little as B500 that would otherwise be exchanged from GBP to B600. On larger purchases the savings are substantial.

That's a bit wordy - hope you get my point!

3 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Ivanka and Kushner walked with 800 million , who do you think pays taxes the 1% ridiculous 

According the IRS the 1% pay the most.  The left pushes the narrative that somehow the upper income groups don't pay "their fair share"   That is bull pucky.   The top 1% pay 37.3 which is more than the bottom 90%.  combined.  And that is not "progressive" 

image.png.9568b83b525c0f03fc003049c3abf4d9.pngimage.png.b2fc88d6ae1b41d9a48edebbb4684b2e.png