British man accused of brutally murdering Thai girlfriend faces extradition from Spain

webfact

27 minutes ago, josthomz said:

If they requested extradition for him, they obviously have to present evidence which then a Spanish extradition judge has to rule over it and grant (or not) the extradition. 

If the Spanish judge and later the European judge as well granted the extradition, there must have been enough evidence, and that is based under Spanish/European law.

I would imagine the evidence is strong, otherwise they'd be cautious extraditing to Thailand.

Googling will reveal some more info from this case. Apparently the two were in a relationship. After leaving together the took a taxi to Kanchanaburi. The police have a statement from the taxi driver.

It then seems he may have returned to Bkk, checked out of the hotel and taken a mini bus to Hua Hin.

44 minutes ago, josthomz said:

Typical Pattaya bar conversation between expats, up here, we have. 

If they requested extradition for him, they obviously have to present evidence which then a Spanish extradition judge has to rule over it and grant (or not) the extradition. 

If the Spanish judge and later the European judge as well granted the extradition, there must have been enough evidence, and that is based under Spanish/European law. 

If what you’re saying is that the Thai police fabricated the evidence, then it’s just a ridiculous conspiracy theory to side with a murderous farang. 

What's this evidence? none reported except he bar fined her from Nana, hardly a crime

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Do you think he can get a fair trial in Thailand? (a country which changes their constitution and laws regularly after military coups by whomever takes control - recently 2007 and 2014). Does he even need a trial? You don't think so.       

This guy is “presumed” guilty by Thai court and they are supposed to have proof. The most serious is a THAI citizen has been murdered. In other hand Spain must to get the proof of guilt to extradítate this guy.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's this evidence? none reported except he bar fined her from Nana, hardly a crime

Just wait for the trial, if you for one moment think that the Spanish and European courts would extradite someone without proof then your way off base. Before a country extradites anyone they always check the case and evidence. 

If all they had was the bar fine then there would be n o case. But you assume that everything is known by reporters. Maybe you never watch documentaries but its common all over the world not to release all evidence to the public. 

Also other reports have him in Kanchanaburi with her, makes things already a lot different then just bar fining her. Same that the stones that were used to weigh her down were similar to stones the guy bought. Im sure there is more that wil come up during trial.

So if i were you id wait for that and not base my opinion on just a news article. 

• Like 1

Other reports say they found Looker his DNA under the fingernails of the victim. Now that is not something where DNA goes unless trying to defend herself from him. I feel that DNA under the fingers is quite condemning evidence. 

At least it shows that she was in contact with him CLOSE to the time of death. Now it might be from wild sex but more likely is her defending herself. Also the fact they found that Looker bought similar stones as the ones that were used to weigh her down ads to the evidence. 

All things together make a compelling case who knows what is not in the news and the police still have on him. Lets wait for trial and see. If he is guilty lets wait what the evidence says but the fact that the extradite him says a lot.

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

Other reports say they found Looker his DNA under the fingernails of the victim. Now that is not something where DNA goes unless trying to defend herself from him. I feel that DNA under the fingers is quite condemning evidence. 

At least it shows that she was in contact with him CLOSE to the time of death. Now it might be from wild sex but more likely is her defending herself. Also the fact they found that Looker bought similar stones as the ones that were used to weigh her down ads to the evidence. 

All things together make a compelling case who knows what is not in the news and the police still have on him. Lets wait for trial and see. If he is guilty lets wait what the evidence says but the fact that the extradite him says a lot.

Let's wait for the trial then and stop adding "evidence"

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Let's wait for the trial then and stop adding "evidence"

Actually i was not adding anything this came from older news articles. So its not added it was omitted in the latest article. As i said there is probably more evidence and this is part of it. 

This from Thethaiger

"Thai police reports state that he arrived in Bangkok on Halloween night, October 31 in 2014 before travelling to Kanchanaburi. There, on only his second night in Thailand, in the early hours of November 2nd, he killed a 27 year old woman in her own room. She was reportedly working as a prostitute"

This just doesn't sound plausible. First i thought he bar fined her from Nana, that's missing from the story. Also who goes to the womans room on 1st or 2nd night, unlikely, most likely go to his hotel. More likely some other person went to her room

• Like 1

For those who don't know,Stoke is an old pottery town in UK, it is full of inbred weirdos with webbed feet so for such a heinous crime it wouldn't surprise me if the alleged perpetrator was indeed from Stoke

47 minutes ago, Rickster said:

For those who don't know,Stoke is an old pottery town in UK, it is full of inbred weirdos with webbed feet so for such a heinous crime it wouldn't surprise me if the alleged perpetrator was indeed from Stoke

You must be from Neck End.

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Might the DNA on the fingernails be a result of their sexual encounter? Given that they coupled up it is no surprise that his DNA was found on her, and hers on him. 

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Might the DNA on the fingernails be a result of their sexual encounter? Given that they coupled up it is no surprise that his DNA was found on her, and hers on him. 

Probably rare to have DNA under fingernails unless some physical struggle. That piece of evidence could be garbage anyway

On 5/29/2021 at 7:29 AM, ChipButty said:

Some years ago there was another English guy here in Phuket tried to fight extradition based on Thailands death penalty he lost and was extradited back here,

I cant remember his name I was wondering if he is still here or has been sent back to finish his sentence in the UK 

Lee "Pitbull" Aldhouse.

Stabbed a US marine to death after picking a fight and losing in a bar in Rawai.  He was subsequently videoed stealing a knife from a 7-11 to commit the murder,

Another "roid" jockey. Escaped over the border and was arrested when he flew back into England. 

First to ever be extradited from England following assurances no death penalty. Got 25 years.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Lee "Pitbull" Aldhouse.

Stabbed a US marine to death after picking a fight and losing in a bar in Rawai.  He was subsequently videoed stealing a knife from a 7-11 to commit the murder,

Another "roid" jockey. Escaped over the border and was arrested when he flew back into England. 

First to ever be extradited from England following assurances no death penalty. Got 25 years.

I know the story I live in Rawai, a friend of mine was in that bar and said it was the best bar fight he had ever seen.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:08 AM, robblok said:

He needs to be locked up key thrown away for doing a runner, and no evidence they got him with her the night of the murder. What do you want cctv image of the murder ?. Chances highly likely he did it the timeline fits. Of course he denies it and of course he admits to taking her home. Bit hard to deny video evidence and DNA in your home.

You seem to know what they have lets wait and see, he will get a fair trial and then he will be locked up (at least for doing a runner). Besides running never made anyone look innocent chances of guilty really high.

His DNA and everyone else's on her and in her ????

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably rare to have DNA under fingernails unless some physical struggle. That piece of evidence could be garbage anyway

https://theibizan.com/british-man-murder-thai-dancer/

Following a police search of the accommodation Looker had been staying in around that time, Police took DNA samples from several items including nail clippers and a toothbrush, and matched DNA found in the victim’s nails.

Looks like pretty damming evidence and the fact that the courts approved. But then again someone like would stick up for a guy like him. Birds of a feather and all. 

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Very rare, its almost always from a defensive fight. So tough luck your hero looks really guilty.

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

spacer.png

Maybe you should read more about this because while this might be true, the amount of DNA says a lot too. No wonder they leave that out. Also DNA in itself is not enough but the fact he bought similar stones as those in the suitcase does not help his case.

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe you should read more about this because while this might be true, the amount of DNA says a lot too. No wonder they leave that out. Also DNA in itself is not enough but the fact he bought similar stones as those in the suitcase does not help his case.

Why would you buy stones from a shop? ????‍♂️

Surely stones are freely available about the place if one is inclined to look hard enough.

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why would you buy stones from a shop? ????‍♂️

Surely stones are freely available about the place if one is inclined to look hard enough.

No idea, why would you murder someone. I mean your assuming the guy is thinking clearly. Also depends a bit where you are if you can get stones or not. 

Anyway JUDGES have looked at the evidence in Spain and found it enough for a court case. People schooled in their trade who know the weakness of DNA who know a lot more then the average jury in the US and they decided that he could be extradited.

So if I were you id have a lil bit more faith in the evidence against this guy. People don't get extradited if there is no evidence.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Anyway JUDGES have looked at the evidence in Spain and found it enough for a court case.

Based on Thai police DNA evidence which as we know from Koh Tao, is notoriously unreliable, at best.

However, the evidence would not have been presented at the extradition hearing, only the case appealing against extradition from the defence. 

The judge ruling on that would not have been deciding based on the actual evidence in the case.