Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines producing high antibody levels – SICRES

webfact

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

Thailand is being objective rather than relying on western countries which might be biased towards certain vaccines.

It's good to have your own studies but what about reporting the side-effects?

Temporary fever, arm ache, arm numbness are to be expected. What I mean is blood clots, deaths and serious side effects.

I had my first AstraZ shot a few weeks back on a special trip to BKK for that very purpose. Paid for in cash, and cheap enough for me.

A speedy but thorough pre-shot questionnaire and exam/vitals taken at one of the 5 star hospitals.

Sweet gentle attractive nurses to take care of me ????????.

I've had very slight side-effects i.e. waves of some mild nausea (day 2), no soreness whatsoever at the injection site, insomnia the first night (don't normally suffer from this ever). Hard gym workout the next day and fine. So far no signs of any nasty reactions.

Otherwise wouldn't know I'd had a vaccine. Second scheduled in late July.

Personally, I would risk these side effects any day of the week rather than contract Covid as a 64 year old man, and yes I would, given the numbers who have had serious reactions to these vaccines, take a vaccine asap and without qualms anytime.

I know first hand what a deadly virus can have. As a child I had what was thought to be polio (mum was a bit vague about it but said the doctors in the late 50's said it was polio and that my recovery was quite miraculous).

My point being we now take these vaccines as babies/small children in western societies for granted because vaccines for mumps and polio as two examples are 'normalised' now. People died in droves before vaccines was developed for these viruses in the world, then with the uptake of a vaccine and sharing of antibodies for them we see almost none of these diseases in our cultures especially not in any deadly form, except in extremely remote, isolated tribal groups.

Get vaccinated and share your antibodies with everyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

I had my first AstraZ shot a few weeks back

Has your second dose been scheduled? Four months? Less?

Can you share the price you paid?

Edited by mtls2005

3 hours ago, rabas said:

Here is one report on a recent Spanish study, the linked presentation is also in Spanish.

Nature: Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response

It appears that mRNA vaccines give a very strong boost after an initial AZ dose.  (So my 'plan' is working! Except ... where is the initial AZ dose? ).

Edit, I see they are giving the mRNA vaccine 8 weeks after the initial AZ dose, so that is a good number to know.

This report in the Lancet concerns trials for mixed vaccinations, 4 permutations of AZ and Pfizer. Seems good, but a preliminary report.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01115-6/fulltext

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rabas said:

Here is one report on a recent Spanish study, the linked presentation is also in Spanish.

Nature: Mix-and-match COVID vaccines trigger potent immune response

It appears that mRNA vaccines give a very strong boost after an initial AZ dose.  (So my 'plan' is working! Except ... where is the initial AZ dose? ).

Edit, I see they are giving the mRNA vaccine 8 weeks after the initial AZ dose, so that is a good number to know.

Re 'Mix and match'

Recently in Australia the respected chief medical officer has started talking about boosters:

- 'Yes boosters will be needed, probably a half year or similar after completing the first course'.

- 'Perhaps every year (like flu injections). 

- 'Much research is still going on and there's a good chance:

• A completely new vaccine will be developed specific to Covid 19 which is much more effective, but once only or with yearly boosters is still a question mark?
  • A completely new vaccine will be developed which is fully effective against all viruses in the under the Corona umbrella, but again once only or annually? all wait and see.  

- He's also mentioned, people who have had the full course can get a booster.

• Around 5 or 6 months after completing the initial course (or later).
  • If serum is available locally, there's no reason why people should not get the 'other' serum as the booster. E.g. First 2 shots of AZ and third/booster AZ or Pfizer (as said depends on what's available).  

The "experimental" category for these novel m-RNA vaccines ("authorized for emergency use") expires in 2023.

The "antibodies" produced are 'spike proteins', that no one really knows how they will behave inside your body after being produced. Hence, the "experimental" tag.

4 hours ago, huangnon said:

The "experimental" category for these novel m-RNA vaccines ("authorized for emergency use") expires in 2023.

The "antibodies" produced are 'spike proteins', that no one really knows how they will behave inside your body after being produced. Hence, the "experimental" tag.

This is disinformation. EUA is temporary pending full licensing, which in the case of Pfizer and Moderna will follow within 6 months from now. Applications are submitted, so your mention of 2023 expiration is odd.

https://www.biopharma-reporter.com/Article/2021/05/06/Moderna-Q1-COVID-19-vaccine-sales-and-Biologics-License-Application-submission

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Has your second dose been scheduled? Four months? Less?

Can you share the price you paid?

Yep its in August which amounts to about 3 months between first and second dose. B'Grad now has a wait list till July for new enrollees apparently so good luck with them for your shots.

I booked months back with them. I have a history with this great hospital so I imagine by being known to them and having top medical coverage they saw me quite quickly (I could be wrong about this but their customer service is pretty impeccable and they don't miss much).

I paid about $150 for both shots AsraV vaccine.

As stated and still the case no side effects at all to report now. No clotting at all which has been reported as one of the worst side effect from this vaccine if things go wrong.

I imagine if you are savvy and use the system well you can get you shots pretty quick as long as you are prepared to pay for them.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:29 AM, EricTh said:

Whatever, each of us have a choice of what vaccine we want for our bodies. 

Which country do you live in? My Thai relatives don't have a choice of vaccines. 

On 5/27/2021 at 11:11 PM, EricTh said:

Thailand is being objective rather than relying on western countries which might be biased towards certain vaccines.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm?

What is objective about publicizing a study involving a tiny sample of people using the only 2 vaccines the Thai government has managed to get their hands on after their numerous blunders in acquiring vaccines?

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2021 at 4:39 AM, Tony125 said:

Published online in the Journal of the American Medical Association

Study:    Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines appear safe, effective

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/study-sinopharm-covid-19-vaccines-appear-safe-effective/ar-AAKry9r?li=BBnb7Kz

Great. Now they should perform some tests on Sinopharm and see how it compares to Sinovac, which is the primary vaccine they've distributed to date.

And if they want to be really thorough and objective, conduct the full range of tests on the other major vaccines used in the developed world to with testing rigorous to pass western FDA scrutiny. 

More propaganda. TV needs to stop posting this stuff.

This information is widely available on the Internet from unbiased sources.

Why didn't they test the other vaccines that have been in distribution nearly a year? Because the article is not about science but marketing and propaganda.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, friendofthai said:

In addition to antibody levels, it is also important to consider their quality in the prevention of disease.
What did they say about the quality?
"Meanwhile, Asst. Prof. Dr. Chayanon Phucharoen, of the Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism at Prince of Songkhla University’s Phuket campus, said that research on 1,366 people shows that those who received two doses of the Sinovac vaccine have an 84% lower chance of getting infected by COVID-19"
"After the second dose of Sinovac, the level of antibodies will be as high as that of those who have recovered from an infection, according to SICRES."

So we know that the quality of the Chinese vaccine is very high. But what about the British one? Maybe the professor prefer not to show the resulting numbers in order to not hurt the feelings of those who prefer the British vaccine. His institute has published such a traumatic information already: "SICRES said, however, that more incidence of side effects were found among those under 30 who received the AstraZeneca vaccine."

Or maybe it's just pablum and tosh for public consumption.

I want AZ vaccine because it's not mRNA. Actually, if I were home I'd not get any government injection.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Or maybe it's just pablum and tosh for public consumption.

I want AZ vaccine because it's not mRNA. Actually, if I were home I'd not get any government injection.

Adenovirus is just another way of saying mRNA. They use big words to confuse common people.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Great. Now they should perform some tests on Sinopharm and see how it compares to Sinovac, which is the primary vaccine they've distributed to date.

And if they want to be really thorough and objective, conduct the full range of tests on the other major vaccines used in the developed world to with testing rigorous to pass western FDA scrutiny. 

There were already nearly 2 billion jabs done already worldwide....all vaccines more or less work, the problem is there aren't enough of them.

Here are more results for Sinovac and Pfizer:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/uruguay-study-of-862000-sinovac-prevents-97-deaths

Edited by gearbox

On 5/31/2021 at 3:23 PM, EricTh said:

So what's the difference between adenovirus and mRNA? 

Adenovirus is the vector to get the Covid protein material into the cells, whereas the mRNA vaccines have mRNA instructions to produce parts of Covid to be recognized by the immune system. In order for the mRNA to enter the cells, instead of a viral vector, a lipid envelope carries the mRNA.