PM reassures every Thai they will be vaccinated against COVID-19 this year

webfact

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

How many exactly? 

Why wouldn't it be accepted? 

7,275 Thais that I personally know of.

Wont be accepted because those vaccines themsleves are not approved in the countries they want to travel to (Europe, US, Australia and Neptune).

The thing I'm missing is any talk of a practical legal constitutional pathway to changing the top leadership of this country. I know it's my own fault, but I'm getting tired of reading criticisms and calls for resignations; however justified, mine eyes start to glaze over. So I have to assume that the lack of any such talk is an indication that no such pathway exists. If there's something I'm missing, please enlighten me. 

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Err. Yes. Right.

My lady was told yesterday that no vaccine, no more job.

Must be antigen tested and vaccination.

Otherwise no more work.

That's one way to do it.

Yes, in another example a popular mall wherein a family member has an office is allegedly "forcing"  a vaccination rule for tenants and their staff. 

What if Thais don't want the unapproved vaccine, like 50% of Aussies who aren't prepared to risk blood clot induced death for possible protection from a virus that only induces symptoms in 80% of those infected?

Haven't most Thais already had covid, therefore already having far superior immunity than what any experimental vaccine may provide?

Seems like all the covid hype was always just a huge marketing campaign to bolster declining vaccine profits for big pharma, who's increasingly losing all relevance in today's world. 

They can't cure cancer (caused by bad diet and toxins). Can't cure autism (caused by heavy metals that are unsurprisingly added to most vaccines). So let's cure a virus created by Chinese scientists that the body can easily develop resistance to with copious quantities of vitamin C (oh, that's a conspiracy theory ????).

• Sad 1

I don't think it's to be underestimated, I believe that the words of the Prime Minister (assuming that he really said that) are very serious, it's practically a threat to all the Thai people, at least: that's how I interpret it. I don't think there are other sorts of interpretations And who refuses what do you do to him/her? 

Edited by fleccer

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

"I'm alright Jack!" He's ok, he's had his jab. The guy should've followed the tradition of the captain of a sinking ship being the last to leave. If he'd chosen to be the last to be vaccinated, that might have reassured a lot of people that there was some substance to his assurances.

Vaccines allocated to "priority" areas, silly me thought that meant risk, age, outbreaks.  Hard to see Phuket fitting those criteria so maybe it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I live in a small village in Central Thailand.  10 days ago the local nurse came to the compound and put us all down on her records.  Yesterday we were given a 06 June 21 appointment for the vax.  How does that sound for organized?  I hope all you grumpy old men do not get upset with this news.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Enzian said:

any talk of a practical legal constitutional pathway to changing the top leadership of this country.

47 minutes ago, Enzian said:

the lack of any such talk is an indication that no such pathway exists.

Yes, short of a military counter-coup (has happened in the past, but not going to happen now) there is no pathway.

The constitution, and institutions were specifically set up that way. That's why were 7 years into a 20 year "plan".

"They" finally got it "right".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thailarry said:

How does that sound for organized?

Sounds super organized.

Someone wrote your name on a piece of paper. Will wonders never cease?

Do let us know how your first dose goes, and then how your second dose goes.

You do realize that they've got another 49 million people, and 98 million doses to administer, by _________________ fill in the blank date?

They're running at 30,000 per day, so do the math(s).

But yes, your first dose is "scheduled". Now if they can just find some vaccine you're good to go.

• Like 2

I don't see Thais quarreling about who will be first. Quite the opposite. Most Thais have access to the internet. Astra Zeneca is killing people around the world & sinovac is made in China. I wouldn't buy a toaster made in China. 

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I know a few Thai's who dont want the jab for one reason or another, 

Watching Utube last night Pattaya city hospital was begging Thai lady to have Sinovac, "you can have it immediately no queue " Thai lady and her friend just walked away saying to husband I'm not putting that in my arm she waiting for the private hospital  and is happy to pay.

7 hours ago, stevefronter said:

Better get a move on then. That’s about 750,000 jabs a day starting 1st June.

Absolutely no chance.

UK is only averaging around 500,000 a day and that’s with a lot of practice and organisation.

Agreed.

I don't think the Thai Gov leaders look at what other countries are doing in detail - certainly the UK & US leaders appear not to have in the early days.

2 hours ago, DLock said:

Does this new plan supersede the "70% of population vaccinated by September".

Based on that plan, and 2.2million (as of 26th May) have received the first dose and 94 days remaining, they have to vaccinate 497,000 per day, every day, until end of August...and that's just 1st dose. Second dose time pressure will start to impact these numbers even more...

Did Cha Cha just realize the folly of this plan and extend the date?

Maths was never a strong subject in LOS.

32 minutes ago, vmack153 said:

I don't see Thais quarreling about who will be first. Quite the opposite. Most Thais have access to the internet. Astra Zeneca is killing people around the world & sinovac is made in China. I wouldn't buy a toaster made in China. 

Why not?

C41144DA-9AB8-4AB0-AE21-5D9D64B3367B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Thailarry said:

I live in a small village in Central Thailand.  10 days ago the local nurse came to the compound and put us all down on her records.  Yesterday we were given a 06 June 21 appointment for the vax.  How does that sound for organized?  I hope all you grumpy old men do not get upset with this news.

Sounds like a scam; as 'Mass' Vaccinations don't begin until 7th June !

4 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Sounds like a scam; as 'Mass' Vaccinations don't begin until 7th June !

And what does it have to do with it? In the meantime they could start to taking names and booking appointments