International tourist children arriving in Phuket after July 1 do not need to be vaccinated

webfact

1622348047_1-org.jpg

Image: ’Phuket Info Centre’ official Facebook page

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Children arriving in Phuket with their family as international tourists after July 1 do not need to be vaccinated for COVID-19, according to a notice posted by the ‘Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket’, yesterday (May 29).

The notice was posted on the ’Phuket Info Centre’ official Facebook page, operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior, yesterday evening.

The notice was posted with the text, “Phuket Sandbox guidelines for fully vaccinated foreign tourists beginning July 1 are as follows”.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/international-tourist-children-arriving-in-phuket-after-july-1-do-not-need-to-be-vaccinated-80158.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-31

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Quite odd they would think countries would also easily allow anyone to come back from visiting an infected country like Thailand, if that person was unvaccinated, untested, and not subject to quarantine upon their return. Just how many would be up for that procedure, imposition, and consequence? 

• Confused 1

Nobody will come just for 2 weeks holiday.

Parents who are vaccinated but still have to do a test, arriving in Phuket. Imagine that turns out positive.

Kids don't need a vaccine. Which parent would take this risk? I would get sick in my head if I would expose my child to this just for the sake of going to the "sandbox".

No they just need to subject their children to having a cotton-tipped wire rammed through their nose into the back of their throats for the privilege of entering Thailand. PCR tests are mandatory prior to boarding a flight.
I would not put my children through that especially if they have been vaccinated.

• Like 2

Unvaccinated kids from overseas can visit, but thai schools on the island remain closed (international school were given special dispensation because of exam season).

luckily very few families will decide to take a vacation in Phuket under these circumstances. And I believe that is what the government is relying on. They can say they have opened up, everyone should feel happy ........and yet there is no health risk because so few genuine tourists will visit.

a win win.

41 minutes ago, connda said:

No they just need to subject their children to having a cotton-tipped wire rammed through their nose into the back of their throats for the privilege of entering Thailand. PCR tests are mandatory prior to boarding a flight.
I would not put my children through that especially if they have been vaccinated.

Which country is vaccinating its children with the Covid-19 Vaccines ?

I’ve had  10 Covid-19 RT PCR test so far - its not pleasant, but neither is it a major hardship.

I’ve seen a few children getting their Covid-19 RT PCR tests in ASQ (when we queue up for the test).

Children (who appear) older than 5 years old not to be bothered by the test. 

The only child I did see get distressed was a child who was about two, this child got quite upset, cried and wriggled - he really was not impressed, but was fine a minute or two afterwards.

Its probably the same as getting a regular vaccination (measles etc) - my son has never been bothered by any of it and I don’t think a Covid-19 RT PCR test would bother him too much. 

16 hours ago, brommers said:

Looking at the infection trajectory over the last week clearly indicates that the Sandbox will shortly consigned to the bin. With almost 5500 cases announced today the situation is spiralling out of control and international media coverage will be extensive. Who in their right mind would travel from Europe or China or anywhere else at great expense to be holidaying in the Covid Swamp of Thailand?

News about the Thai covid situation is VERY scarce in the international press.