Wedding Rings in Thailand

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like the long con to me.

Loads of guys have paid large to take the GF back to home country, only to get dumped soon as they get permanent residency.

I think he's safe there, if you're at all familiar with the Australian permanent residency application procedure for you'll know it can take up to 2,000 years in normal times and with Covid and the associated backlog that's going to blow out closer to 3 millennia.

Plus it will cost him more than a small house in Thailand.

Explore other options mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where do you live ???.... asking for a friend  !!! ????

Don't worry.  I saw Rob sneaking around the local dentist. Looking for women which require a 3rd set of teeth.

i live in sydney near newcastle and have spent a few years living in asia but was married to a white sheila for most of that time

she was bubbly and a lot of fun but sounds like more trouble than worth

• Like 2

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Where do you live ???.... asking for a friend  !!! ????

The 4 were in Park RungRuang Village in Kao Talo Pattaya. There are always a few houses in there for rent, give it a try and let me know how you get on.

33 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

3rd finger?

That's the stinky one.

Unless she has 6 fingers.

My bad I guess but I just thought starting with thumb then first finger then middle finger the ring finger is the 3rd finger and then 4th finger is the little finger.

• Like 1

YOU need to decide do YOU want to be used, as a play thing

Shes only looking for fun, and maybe testing to see if she can still turn heads.

Its really Up 2 U

From my view I wouldn’t give her my real name, my real phone number, but I would give her my spare cash for 2-3 nights, maybe once or twice a year

7 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

Silly question maybe but what is your take on the ring?

My take is take big steps in the opposite direction.

She's had a good run with someone who's given her a good time, he's gone and she's looking for another sponsor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie072 said:

says she is a good cook and offered to cook me a snail curry

not sure maybe translation was wonky but i will stick to kfc in bkk

Ah, the traditional Thai Snail aphrodisiac curry. 

She has plans for you, very strong stuff.

The Thai word snail is the same for the woman's vagina. "Hoy" 

Eat the curry Frankie, because if she eats it and you don't, then you simply won't be able to keep up.

Good luck mate

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

she has never really asked for cash but is now asking about an aussie partner visa

I need to work out whether it is worth investing the time in a relationship with her or to move on.

on one hand she is asking about a relationship and partner visa

on the other hand she seems to have a lifestyle which exceeds her income

also confusing is that she has a respectable job in bkk and went to uni if it was clear cut I would not ask, but think it is good to ask for other opinions

Send me her contact details and I'll check her out ????

9 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

An old flame from bkk in 2018 connected with me on facebook a few weeks ago and started sounding me out again.

Wow, after 3 years, you must be special, what number on her list are you ?

She has a good job as a medical receptionist in bkk and was a lot of fun.

So that makes her a good girl right ?

she has been flirting lots and seems very keen.

Ah, the power of the p-ssy !!!

bit worried though because I saw her Instagram account and now she seems to be living a flash lifestyle with holidays in Thai beach resorts, couple of big tattoos, and pics of her smoking expensive cigars. Her Instagram account has a lot of posts about her being lonely and no pics of any guys

Sob, sob, seems very contradictory, lavish lifestyle, Thai resorts, big tattoos, smoking expensive cigars, yet her instagram account has a lot of posts about her being lonely and no pics of guys, have you asked yourself what would happen if she posted the truth on her instagram account ?

She sent me one pic with a big gold ring on her left hand on the western wedding ring finger. noticed the same pic on Instagram is cropped without her hands.

They love to show, that is their downfall, and I would think she has a few farangs somewhere, I mean think about it, on her salary as a receptionist, can she afford a big gold ring, a lavish lifestyle, staying at Thai resorts, big tattoos, and smoking expensive cigars. You don't seem to really know this girl.

Does this mean she is married?

Silly question maybe but what is your take on the ring?

I think the question you should ask yourself is, is she for me ?

I married a bargirl 15 years ago, still very happily married, so anything is possible, but I do know the nature of the beast and the female species, so I know what to expect and how to bait them, do you ?

I gave my GF a birthday present a year or two after we met.  I asked what she would like.  She said something gold.  So we went to a jewelry store  and she picked out a ring.  I bought it and she put it on the third finger of her left hand.  I said "in America that means we're married."  She said "same in Thailand."

• Haha 1

I've taught in a number of schools. I've seen all married teachers to be wearing the ring in Western fashion. When I proposed to my Thai wife, she insisted we get matching rings and always wear them. She's livid if I happen to forget mine in the morning. Doesn't want anyone seeing me unmarried. She had been previously married, and they did the same until they divorced. Appears to be the tradition here as much as anywhere else.

Yes, I've been knocked down by pussy power. Weak I know but fun. very nice smooth pussy too.

Pre-nups don't really work in aussie land - all they do is make the settlement easier because it's know what you started with. been thru the divorce thing with ex-wife and i know the system well, lucky there were no kids. there are other things to do to protect your assets from a money grabber,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I married a bargirl 15 years ago, still very happily married, so anything is possible, but I do know the nature of the beast and the female species, so I know what to expect and how to bait them, do you ?

That comment makes me wonder if you are such an expert on the female species as you are telling everyone, why did you need to marry a bargirl?

I doubt "baiting" a bargirl would that tricky and the OP in reality is probably quite a few steps ahead of you. As he said he doesn't need to pay her.

He the man.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have a mate who also lives before Newcastle and the other past Newcastle.

The one before Newcastle married a Thai girl, she picked him up at a disco as he couldn't pick up women, has two kids with her and is happy, she can't cook, has a big tattoo on her back and one on her belly, pretty little thing, but what worried me was that he didn't take my advice on getting a prenuptial, oh well, you can lead them to water but........I wish him all the best.

The other was staying here but had to go back as Covid started to kick in, he was living with his GF here, and she was slowly milking him, took her back to Oz for holidays, I call a spade a spade and if a mate can't accept something for what it is, i.e. if he is blinded by the p-ssy, then it is his problem, I speak my peace, fortunately for him he listened and I told him how to bait her and on every occasion that he baited her, she took the bait, so when he saw what I said would happen, he couldn't dismiss it.

He has been back over a year, is happy, but misses her and Thailand, and still sends her money, but he knows, she is not for him, albeit is he enjoyed a women half his age which was slowly cleaning him out.

Nice pics, and a good looking girl, if your strong enough to dance with the devil, then dance all you can and enjoy every minute of it, but watch out for those flames. Thailand is loaded with these girls who are keen on farangs and a better life, what worries me is that you have been 3 years apart and she has had a lot of changes done in that time and all of a sudden she is going back through old contacts, this is what usually happens when their current partner ditches them, maybe she extracted more than he could afford (boob job), holidays, etc.

As for the ring, we were ours on the same finger on the same hand, European, so he could have been European, and it does have a love heart on it, so could have been a boyfriend/girlfriend thing or married.

I mentioned earlier that I am happily married to a bargirl for 15 years, in all of those years she has never asked me for money, although I am the main income earner, and to me, as soon as a women asks for money or help and who is not in the relationship, be it for a visa or whatever, then you know your dancing with the devil.

Look beyond the pretty, although pretty is all we want, you can find the pretty and the good within them.

Personally I would avoid the potential rekindle and grab something else, i.e. unless you are the strong type, but sorry to say this, I don't know you from a bar of soap, but your chasing what you shouldn't want to be chasing, but as they say, "up to you".

Your two mates from Newcastle, did either of their girls have real jobs? 

There is a very big difference between dating employed girls and mongering with prositutes. 

And she is doing the chasing, not him. And he hasn't talked about marrying her, he didn't buy her that ring.

Looking at her photos I would do her, but she isn't marriage material. 

Pretty sure Frankie knows what he is doing and is not the fall in love with a bargirl on his first trip to Thailand sort of bloke.

Edited by RobMuir
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sipi said:

I'd be more worried about smoking cigars than the wedding ring.

And after looking at the photos, I'd be even more worried about the Adam's apple.

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

That comment makes me wonder if you are such an expert on the female species as you are telling everyone, why did you need to marry a bargirl?

I doubt "baiting" a bargirl would that tricky and the OP in reality is probably quite a few steps ahead of you. As he said he doesn't need to pay her.

He the man.

Good morning Rob

Starting off as usual with your twisting of my words.

Never did I say I was an "expert", I said I know the beast and the female species, unlike most guys who see p-ssy and do not think.

Unlike you, I do not look at people's job titles to define who they are as human beings.

I never needed to marry, females were plentiful for me, never ever had an issue in picking up women, fact of the matter back in the old country in Sydney, with a group of guys we used to go out every 2nd Saturday to night clubs and have competitions who could pick up as particular stunner that we would pick out, or who could pick up a women the quickest, I won't brag, but none of us never ever went home empty handed, i.e. if your tall, good looking and know how to talk to the talk, you won't have an issue. Here in Thailand, it's effortless for anyone.

Because you asked, I married my Thai wife bargirl, actually village sl-t as I refer to her, is because I fell in love with the person she is, not her title, no I doubt that you could even fathom that, but hey, as they say, the percentage of falling in love and being truly happy is very low.

My ex wife who had a very good job title was a terrible mistake, the only good thing that came from that marriage was our daughter who she tried to abort, now 24, I hope for her that I am still alive when she inherits my ex wife's parents estate because she is the only grandchild to a very wealthy family who are shallow and very selfish people, fortunately she turned out like her father which is a blessing.

Now get out and smell the roses, but do be careful of the thorns ????

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Your two mates from Newcastle, did either of their girls have real jobs? 

There is a very big difference between dating employed girls and mongering with prositutes. 

And she is doing the chasing, not him. And he hasn't talked about marrying her, he didn't buy her that ring.

Looking at her photos I would do her, but she isn't marriage material. 

Pretty sure Frankie knows what he is doing and is not the fall in love with a bargirl on his first trip to Thailand sort of bloke.

Neither of the girls had "real" jobs as you put it, but still as you say, you would do the girls in the photo her provided, because in your world, girls with "real" jobs don't sleep on first dates, are proper because of their job titles and are marriage material.....listen to you, Mr Phd on job titles and how to fall in love.....Lol

Actually it was my 2nd trip to Thailand, 1st trip I came with a Thai GF from Australia, 2nd time met my bargirl wife and destiny it was, all of my life I had a feeling I was going to marry a tall Asian girl with long black hair down all the way down to her rear, however didn't understand that sick sense if you know what I mean until I met her, that is when I knew, however, she wasn't the 1st bargirl, just thought I would clarify that.

You know diddly squat about the poster and that is why he is posting her on TVF for members input, you can presume, as I do the guy has strong feeling for this Asian delicacy, but whether he is strong enough to escape her web once he rekindles with her is another matter, I have seen what damage the power of the p-ussy has on guys, i.e. unless they are strong enough to call a spade a spade and know when to walk away from black widows who can spin their web really quick, and in my opinion as I said earlier, not projecting to be an "expert" your words, I see she has already started, fortunately for him, he is still in Oz, bored $hitless and looking for fun with these Asian delicacies, but is he man enough to see the web being spun, yes, but is he man enough to walk away from her, I think only when she makes a mistake or slip up, hopefully before he gets back here to her, however if he is like me, he could come back, enjoy her and walk away and grab something new a couple of days later.

Have you smelt those roses yet, just wondering how many educated, rich, non bargirls you are dating at the moment, on second thought, don't bother.

18 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

In my experience over the decades in different regions with different social groups is that a ring, or no ring, on the marriage/engagement finger means SFA.  I have met married women who do not wear a ring, and those who have never been married wearing a ring.

That has been my experience as well confirmed by my Thai wife.

The other issue is as to whether they are “legally” married or have only performed the Buddhist ceremony.

It seems for certain government employees if single they often receive rent allowances etc which cease when “legally married”

13 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

Yes, I've been knocked down by pussy power. Weak I know but fun. very nice smooth pussy too.

Pre-nups don't really work in aussie land - all they do is make the settlement easier because it's know what you started with. been thru the divorce thing with ex-wife and i know the system well, lucky there were no kids. there are other things to do to protect your assets from a money grabber,

My pre nup saved my bacon. I had a fun but difficult marriage to a girl 18 years my junior.  If not for my pre nup completed in Australia  I may not have come out of it reasonably bitterness free. Not sure how hard it would've been otherwise but it did get a bit ugly at times.  We are good friends now and talk each day. So please always get a pre nup. 

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My ex wife who had a very good job title was a terrible mistake

I think you are confused. Frankie has no plans to get married to this woman. An ex-wife is always a terrible mistake.

Some blokes happily play the field and bang all the women, while others are a bit insecure and hold on for dear life when they finally get one. Clever bargirls take advantage of these blokes who are easy marks.

My mates refer to getting stuck with a promiscuous girl as "holding the ball" which is an AFL term. You should never get caught holding the ball.

I am sure that ex wife cost you a tidy packet.

And I think you said earlier that you built a beautiful big house in your current wife's hometown somewhere in Issan, without a lease, company or usrfruct arrangement.

Thousands have blokes have fallen for that old trick to Issan bargirls and thousands more will.

You were already quite old when you first arrived in Thailand.

While you were going out twice a month in NSW for a couple of years before you rushed into marriage young in NSW,  I was going out every night on regular trips to Thailand and already scoring hundreds of normal Thai women. (and plenty of drunk/drugged tourists from all over the world) throughout my twenties and thirties. 

We also held competitions, my personal best was 8 on a short ten day trip. In Oz we would go out all weekend, every weekend from Friday to recovery sessions on Monday mornings. My brother owned a Chapel Street nightclub, and I was regularly given more drink cards in other clubs that I could ever get through.

Our experiences are polar opposites, which is why our advice to Frankie differs.

We were into full moon, half moon, black moon parties, Chaweang Beach nightclubs, Kao San road partying.

Not into the P4P bar scene of Patong and Pattaya which was a sad joke in our opinions, not knowing whether to pity the impoverished and sometimes obviously underaged Asian females forced by circumstances to sell their genitals to hundreds of old overweight losers, or to the lonely blokes getting taken for a ride. It is a very sad scene all round if you think about it.

I am sure Frankie took in your words of wisdom and appreciates them. 

Frankie the man.