Thailand reports 2,230 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new deaths

webfact

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As I posted here yesterday:

(PS -  the charts below show a representative list of selected countries and regions that I thought pertinent for comparison purposes, large major countries and Asian peer countries to Thailand. They are not a ranked list of all countries by per capita death rates.)

984826372_CumulativePerCapitaDeaths.jpg.7c3e10fe027ee2eee67a67e7f5086d74.jpg

1890309314_CurrentPerCapitaDeaths.jpg.dba9cf9470581f7d7d2f8e7f871647e5.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths

Seems excessive to post charts does anyone honestly believe Thailand is even in the same neighbourhood little lone same ballpark when compared to the US? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Many of those tests are people tested previously. As a minimum you can divide the total number of tests claimed to have been undertaken ( 8,112,000+)  by 2 to get a ball park figure of actual people tested. Now tell me , you were in ASQ, as have many of my friends been so how many tests were done on you whilst in ASQ ? Any different from what 11 of my friends have said than I shall doubt your authenticity. Once we have that answer then perhaps that figure is the real denominator we should use to ascertain exactly how many people have been tested rather than the figure these cranks in government use of number of tests undertaken. So as a maximum there has only been 4,056,000 people tested, possibly less dependant upon your answer, out of an adult population of around 47,000,000. In other words in 17 months the maximum number of people tested is  8.5 % of the population, and that is in the nation that were 2nd only to China in determining that covid was in-country. That is not just abysmal it is criminal in my opinion.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I had 2 tests in ASQ, one on Day 2, and one on Day 9.

but, individuals in ASQ are a tiny number.

4 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I wonder how the Greeks feel about being blamed for all of the variants?

I would say I do not mind, you have to start somewhere, the Greeks will soon be forgotten after the 3rd wave, after completion of the alphabet, let them use names like Apache, Cherokee and Tomahawk for the 4rth wave, and for the final and 5th wave names like Aachen, Berlin, Dresden, Fullmilch  and Nuremberg 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The airline industry was the hardest hit by the pandemic after Thailand suspended all flights last year, and only began to gradually reopen skies once infection rates became more controllable

According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), the first quarter of this year only saw 6.66 million people taking either domestic or international flights in Thailand. This marked a sharp drop of 79.1 per cent compared to 25.27 million passengers in the same period last year.

International flights saw just 195,799 passengers, 98.8 per cent fewer than the same period last year, while domestic passengers dropped by 60.1 per cent to 6.47 million.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on March 30 approved measures to boost tourism.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001547

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

The locally developed Covid-19 vaccine – ChulaCov19 – will be ready for human trials this month after proving to be effective in lab tests.

Interesting

As I understand the ethics rules because there are now known vaccines it is not permitted to use placebos.

I wonder if the knowledge that you are definitely vaccinated changes behaviour.

Good luck to the trial participants. Not sure I'd like to be one especially if in the vulnerable category knowing there are working vaccines shortly available.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unreal isn't it. Making a fortune from their investment into the Chinese Sinovac by importing here for the Thai people and then turning round and opting to use another vaccine for its own workers.....................

Yup. It’s a ridiculous script. No one will ever make a film of it, way too far fetched.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Excel said:

That person was a cleaner working for the MRT, not riding on the MRT !!!  My point as you are well aware , is that the poor can not ride on the MRT. Of course they are employed clearing up behind those that do ride.

That's what I said. More than likely the cleaner is female but it's not stated so who knows but no money for MRT. Sorry you misunderstood. I did not say riding the MRT I said the opposite and indeed there is a greater chance of it spreading on buses and songthaews and at local markets. Please re-read my post. Nevermind here it is...

You point to the fact that the poor don't take the MRT. Quite so they take sangteows and buses and go to local markets. The person mentioned is a cleaner. 

Quite so means I'm agreeing with you.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Current outbreak in Victoria is from someone who contracted the virus in quarantine. Left quarantine clear, travelled interstate, got some symtoms, got tested and came back positive. This person had already recieved one Pfizer vac. Victoiria now shut down.

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:
1 hour ago, Excel said:

That person was a cleaner working for the MRT, not riding on the MRT !!!  My point as you are well aware , is that the poor can not ride on the MRT. Of course they are employed clearing up behind those that do ride.

That's what I said. More than likely the cleaner is female but it's not stated so who knows but no money for MRT. Sorry you misunderstood. I did not say riding the MRT I said the opposite and indeed there is a greater chance of it spreading on buses and songthaews and at local markets. Please re-read my post. Nevermind here it is...

You point to the fact that the poor don't take the MRT. Quite so they take sangteows and buses and go to local markets. The person mentioned is a cleaner. 

There was an infection at a MRT station and quite rightly they are following up. There are infections at markets, they follow up there too. Timelines I have seen include passanger vans etc, they dont distinguish between rich and poor.

18 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Well that's odd. All my pals said the same thing without exception which differs from yours. 1 test on arrivals day, another test after 5 days and a third and final test 1  day before release. Now why did you only have two in a 14 day quarantine ? Do you think it has something to do with which hotel and hospital has the arrangement ? If not then where is the uniformity of testing requirements ? Perhaps its changed as these 11 came in betweenn Sept and Nov last year, all stayed in BKK. I would not be surprised however if the ASQ charges remained the same yet the testing protocols become more relaxed in order to increase their margins further. Your thoughts on these disparities ?

Just now, sungod said:

There was an infection at a MRT station and quite rightly they are following up. There are infections at markets, they follow up there too. Timelines I have seen include passanger vans etc, they dont distinguish between rich and poor.

Not saying they are so why quote me?

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Sorry if I misunderstood your reply. 

• Thanks 1

Just to be clear following the new Guidance from WHO

Thailand is currently dominated with over 90% of its infections from the Alpha strain. They have a cluster of the more dangerous Beta strain in the 9 sealed off villages in Tak Bai district and they also have a smidgen of Delta strain in Udon Thani and Bangkok.

But what is the original patent from China called?

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just to be clear following the new Guidance from WHO

Thailand is currently dominated with over 90% of its infections from the Alpha strain. They have a cluster of the more dangerous Beta strain in the 9 sealed off villages in Tak Bai district and they also have a smidgen of Delta strain in Udon Thani and Bangkok.

But what is the original patent from China called?

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

What happened to the Gamma strain ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Weekend numbers being reported while they gather the prison numbers and cluster numbers from the factories and such.  What is reported daily does not really match everything that gets put out in separate news, but then maybe it is just me not putting 2 and 2 together correctly.

The sheeples don't know even after more than one year how the governments and health institutions are creating their numbers ...

Probe into COVID-19 Cluster at Big Chicken Plant

BANGKOK, June 1 (TNA) – The public health office of Saraburi province is seriously investigating a cluster of COVID-19 cases at a chicken-processing factory in Kaeng Khoi district.

Polawat Thienchaimongkol, assistant governor of Saraburi, said the provincial health office was quickly testing about 5,000 Thai and migrant workers at the factory and about 400 of them already tested positive for the coronavirus.

Three field hospitals were set up with altogether 750 beds and mass testing was being conducted at about 10 large factories nearby.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-707934