Thailand reports 3,440 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new deaths

webfact

Pattaya City has the budget and is ready to independently purchase enough Covid-19 vaccines for the entire area, but needs government approval

The Pattaya City Mayor spoke to the associated Thai press yesterday, June 1st, 2021, about the vaccination plan for Banglamung/Pattaya and frustration from residents (and foreigners) on what many perceive as a slow rollout of the vaccine program.

Sonthaya Khunplume, Pattaya Mayor, stated the Thai Government has recently adjusted the upcoming Covid-19 vaccine distribution plan with three main points, which follow:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/02/pattaya-city-has-the-budget-and-is-ready-to-independently-purchase-enough-covid-19-vaccines-for-the-entire-area-but-needs-government-approval/

• Like 2

The United States is ready to help Thailand procure Covid-19 vaccines, US Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman said during a meeting with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House in Bangkok on Wednesday

Prayut congratulated Sherman on taking up her post, and US President Joe Biden for his victory in the election, expressing hope that the US and Thailand would continue building stronger friendship and cooperation, according to government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri.

Sherman also praised friendship between the two countries that has lasted for over 188 years, Anucha said.

"She said the US has a policy to help many countries, including Thailand, in seeking Covid-19 vaccines in a bid to enable them to overcome the crisis."

US pledges to help Thailand procure vaccines

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001595

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

Registrations for Moderna jab hit 100,000 on first day

Over 100,000 people have signed up to receive the Moderna vaccine acquired by privately owned Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) only one day after registrations opened, its chairman said on Wednesday. 

It is expected that the number could reach around 300,000, Dr Boon Vanasin added.

The cost is 1,800 – 2,000 baht per dose, excluding additional medical fees that could range from a further 300 – 500 baht depending on the hospital, he said. The group will also be offering options for additional health and immunity check-ups after the vaccinations, for another 500 baht. 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28173/registrations-for-moderna-jab-hit-100000-on-first-day/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Registrations for Moderna jab hit 100,000 on first day

Over 100,000 people have signed up to receive the Moderna vaccine acquired by privately owned Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) only one day after registrations opened, its chairman said on Wednesday. 

It is expected that the number could reach around 300,000, Dr Boon Vanasin added.

The cost is 1,800 – 2,000 baht per dose, excluding additional medical fees that could range from a further 300 – 500 baht depending on the hospital, he said. The group will also be offering options for additional health and immunity check-ups after the vaccinations, for another 500 baht. 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28173/registrations-for-moderna-jab-hit-100000-on-first-day/

Why is a Thonburi hospital or group the only one to offer Moderna vaccine?

It's all in your hands now Mr Prayut.  Let's see if you can do any better.

Rumours continue to swirl around health minister Anutin's position, with reports that Prayut is unhappy over the vaccine rollout program. However, Prayut denied the rumours in parliament saying they worked closely with each other and there was no conflict.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1400034117685714953

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phiphat insisted on opening Phuket this July as planned despite a resurgence of Covid-19 infections. Phuket must achieve a vaccination rate of 70 per cent by this month, he said.

So will the other 9 provinces also meet 70% vaccinatoon rates by October 1 for a no quarantine entry.....hmmm

• Haha 2

Just now, anchadian said:

It's all in your hands now Mr Prayut.  Let's see if you can do any better.

Rumours continue to swirl around health minister Anutin's position, with reports that Prayut is unhappy over the vaccine rollout program. However, Prayut denied the rumours in parliament saying they worked closely with each other and there was no conflict.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1400034117685714953

Taking some internal heat from some folks it would seem.  Looks like it is time to cut the chaff.

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phiphat insisted on opening Phuket this July as planned despite a resurgence of Covid-19 infections. Phuket must achieve a vaccination rate of 70 per cent by this month, he said.

But they won't as they are still only on about 60% of first vaccination jabs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I guess we should include a report from the Tourism Minister:

Country to reopen tourist provinces in October, minister says

Thailand will launch a quarantine-free travel program for its ten top provinces for tourism starting in October, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, the tourism and sports minister, said on Wednesday.

The provinces are Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Chonburi, Phuket, Surat Thani, Krabi, Phang-nga and Buriram.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28182/country-to-reopen-tourist-provinces-in-october-minister-says/

That 70% vaccination rate might dwindle considerably if they open in July and the tourists start arriving as the cash strapped workers return from other provinces like seagulls flocking to a discarded bag of chips, might also cause further road carnage as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The Thai authorities have said the numbers in Chonburi are going down. Do you disagree with them?

But it has coincided with less testing over the past few days, just a statement.

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Sooo, you don’t have any proof, you just made it up on your own?

just trying to ascertain whether you have verified information that it would be good for me to have, or making stuff up based on your layman’s knowledge

Haven't any links but remember the UK's virologists saying in their public briefings, the more infections you have, the higher chance of mutations occuring, the lower the infections, the lower the chance if mutations occuring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Petchaburi factory cluster spreads to 11 other provinces

The cluster of Covid-19 infections at the CalComp electrical parts factory in Phetchaburi has spread to cases in 11 other provinces and led to more than 4,900 coronavirus cases, the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Wednesday.

Of the 48 currently active clusters in Bangkok, 15 were found in worker camps, 14 around markets and shopping centres, 10 in crowded communities and residential areas, six at businesses and factories, two at care homes and one at an unnamed embassy.

Apisamai said pro-active tests are still ongoing at all of these clusters. She said there are now 10 provinces which have a cluster that is related to an outbreak at a factory.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28179/petchaburi-factory-cluster-spreads-to-11-other-provinces/

Interesting really. 400 here. 600 there. 1100 over there yet the numbers don't seem to reflect this. I was thinking today when was the Thai/Italian work camp cluster. I think that was the first. I would like to know what the community positives were before this. Thing is pro-active testing might be going on in these clusters but how much testing is going outside of these areas checking for community transmission.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

This is a re-post. Awaitng response:

Ok Danderman here's your moment. 1: Do you agree with govt figures? 2: Do you trust the govt? These are two yes/no answers. So, yes or no. No expanding, no ranting just yes or no. 1: Y/N. 2: Y/N. I await your two word response well three really because you will have to use the conjuction and. Let me assist you further. e.g. Y and N. Y and Y. N and Y. N and N. I assume you get the idea. If we could lay bets on this site you answering in the allotted 3 words would bring long odds.

By the way you didn't seem to have anything to say about average daily deaths April 1 to May 1 being 4 and May 1 to June 1 being 27. 

Edited by dinsdale

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

The United States is ready to help Thailand procure Covid-19 vaccines, US Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman said during a meeting with Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House in Bangkok on Wednesday

Prayut congratulated Sherman on taking up her post, and US President Joe Biden for his victory in the election, expressing hope that the US and Thailand would continue building stronger friendship and cooperation, according to government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri.

Sherman also praised friendship between the two countries that has lasted for over 188 years, Anucha said.

"She said the US has a policy to help many countries, including Thailand, in seeking Covid-19 vaccines in a bid to enable them to overcome the crisis."

US pledges to help Thailand procure vaccines

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001595

The US have tens of millions of AZ jabs that they cannot use because it is not approved yet. It's better to get rid of them. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Poster was referring to the world weekly trends, ie the here and now.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/

weekly trends.png

You guys kill me... 

1. Do either of you understand per capita - check the countries below Thailand and their populations. 

2. BS re top 80 ranking? Per capita please. 
3. And to the poster suggesting this is not doom stuff - what is it when people distort data (or unable to place in context) continually. 

I’ll continue to bang away about context because even in the grip of this wave, Thailand data is very very impressive. If people took off their blinkers, it should provide assurance that they’ll bring under control again. 

Edited by Donga
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Donga said:

You guys kill me... 

1. Do either of you understand per capita - check the countries below Thailand and their populations. 

2. And the BS re top 80 ranking? Per capita please. 
3. And to the poster suggesting this is not doom stuff - what is it when people distort data (or unable to place in context) continually. 

I’ll continue to bang away about context because even in the grip of this wave, Thailand data is very very impressive. If people took off their blinkers, should provide assurance they’ll bring under control again. 

You really can't be that stupid. We are talking about NOW. The so-called third wave. Not from the beginning. As it stands NOW Thailand is not going well. It's a simple concept. The last 2 months not the last 15 months.

As for your 2nd point I guess you should contact https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus and tell them you can do a better job.

Edited by dinsdale

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You really can't be that stupid. We are talking about now. The so-called third wave. Not from the beginning. As it stands NOW Thailand is not going well. It's a simple concept. The last 2 months not the last 14 months.

Pls just answer one simple question. 

Why do you ignore the context of per capita? 

I can see anything else will be a stretch, like cumulative per capita data or even comparing this Thai wave with other countries waves. 

Yes Thailand is undergoing a wave. But you interpretation relative to per capita, other countries experiences and host of other factors is typical selective doom squad posting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Donga said:

You guys kill me... 

2. BS re top 80 ranking? Per capita please. 

I’ll continue to bang away about context because even in the grip of this wave, Thailand data is very very impressive. If people took off their blinkers, it should provide assurance that they’ll bring under control again. 

Careful we don't want you dying on us...????

Yes I understand per capita thanks, did you take a look at the link? It includes that column (deaths per million) and Population column clearly or maybe you missed it. These are the factual statistics on weekly trends as much as you disagree with them. I suggest if you don't understand what the weekly trends are then just Google. They are different to the overall statistics.

Edited by Bkk Brian

16 minutes ago, Donga said:

Pls just answer one simple question. 

Why do you ignore the context of per capita? 

I can see anything else will be a stretch, like cumulative per capita data or even comparing this Thai wave with other countries waves. 

Yes Thailand is undergoing a wave. But you interpretation relative to per capita, other countries experiences and host of other factors is typical selective doom squad posting. 

You say per capita. I say and average of 27 people died from Covid-19 everyday last month and almost 102,000 people were infected. We look at things differently I guess. Please don't regurgitate this many died from this or that. We are talking specifically about the pandemic.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1