Thailand reports 3,440 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Even if they just get the first shots in, it makes a huge huge huge difference.  

Well I presume you are talking of Thailand here.....

My thoughts are the UK uses mostly Pfizer and AZ, which have fair efficacy after a single jab. Here in Thailand it is nearly all Sinovac, which has low efficacy after a single jab (16% was one example)....and really does not improve until the second. Hence getting on with both is important. 

8 hours ago, Fromas said:

Another place in Brazil has a similar vaccination plan, with locally produced AZ vaccines. There's every reason to expect great results there too.

It's not the "nationality" of the vaccine that counts. Getting more people vaccinated, according to protocol, and reaching herd immunity is an important step to re-opening and economic recovery. 

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer AZ or more preferably one of the mrna vaccines but I was giving a balanced account on Sinovac as an example

• Like 1

Thailand reports 3,886 new COVID-19 cases, 39 new deaths

COVID3.jpg
File photo: Healthcare workers take nasal swab samples from local residents for a COVID-19 test after hundreds of residents of Watthana district and the trendy Thonglor neighborhood tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, April 8, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Thailand on Thursday (June 3) reported 3,886 new COVID-19 cases and 39 additional deaths.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1219281-thailand-reports-3886-new-covid-19-cases-39-new-deaths/

//Closed//

/Admin