Thailand reports 3,440 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new deaths

webfact

So much for the "drastic drop in cases" we were informed about yesterday in the newsletter.  "Drastic drop" will be when cases enter the single digits again.  No doubt cases will drop from four digits to single digits in the week prior to the July 1st Grand Opening.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

Which way do you think he goes? 

"Compared to places like India, Brazil and the US, we should be celebrating those 38" or "38 in back to back days means things have stabilized"?

Perhaps we could have a raffle. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

also worth noting that the hospital admissions in the UK are primarily from those that refuse to be vaccinated 

Very relevant I feel. And likely to become more so as we move further into the vaccination phase of this pandemic

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not Scotland.... There was mention that current vaccinations are being effective against that variant.... 

Yes recent numbers are climbing (infection numbers and hospital admissions), but 0 deaths is a heartening number, if only for a day

Scotland has delayed openning up restrictions. Remaining at level 2 with 478 new cases confirmed yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Interesting to note that according to Dr Wasun this new strain Indian and Uk hybrid may have been caused by just one person getting infected with both strains. 

This is a problem for Thailand as we have both here and especially in the bubble and seal clusters where they are all locked in together

why do think I referred to these places with the term - Virus Soup

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

How does the timing of the death impact your hypothesis? Some people pass away quite quickly, others after a long slow decline. And then there are the ones that just refuse to die. They hang around in hospitals for ages and recover. And annoyingly, some people don’t even show symptoms.

i have a feeling testing might be with us for some time yet, despite the obvious mathematically based answer. ????

Very right you are "my" method only predicts the infections from the past, not the present. Then again the currently used PCR test is faulty at best. Considering the limited testing availability and the unwillingness to test for many people, including myself, because of the mandatory lock up for 14 days in field hospitals where you definitely will get sick, i think the mathematical prediction is the best we have in thailand ????

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not Scotland.... There was mention that current vaccinations are being effective against that variant.... 

Yes recent numbers are climbing (infection numbers and hospital admissions), but 0 deaths is a heartening number, if only for a day

Anything good 

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Anything good Nicoliar takes the credit, anything bad is down to "the English". 

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well dig a little deeper and we might find the Indian variant is rife in the Indian communities in the UK, and prior, there was low take up of vaccination there. 

And the Indian variant just had a baby with the UK variant to make a new mutation found in Vietnam. Gonna be a lot of tweaked vaccines needing to be made now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And the Indian variant just had a baby with the UK variant to make a new mutation found in Vietnam. Gonna be a lot of tweaked vaccines needing to be made now.

indeed - like I said we seem to be fighting a war that changes rapidly - how effective will the current vaccines available in Thailand be against these mutations - all unknown at present in an ever changing battle 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There isn’t enough testing.

The vaccination program is all screwed up.

Something must be wrong with the numbers.

The prison system is horrible.

Hopefully, I just saved 100 redundant posts.

Only 100!

I fear Covid "Groundhog Day" will be recurring for a long while yet.

16 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Very right you are "my" method only predicts the infections from the past, not the present. Then again the currently used PCR test is faulty at best. Considering the limited testing availability and the unwillingness to test for many people, including myself, because of the mandatory lock up for 14 days in field hospitals where you definitely will get sick, i think the mathematical prediction is the best we have in thailand ????

Perhaps it IS the best in Thailand to predict numbers of infections. If only it could also say WHERE they are. ????

Perhaps there’s a mathematical probability formula to predict a specific radius for infections, from their house/place of work?

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes indeed but the UK media will not report the actual truth because it would be seen as racisim pointing a finger at one ethnic group - they constantly stop short of reporting the actual details that everyone needs to know - Indian varient is spreading amongst Indian communities and most hospitalisations are from that enthnic group that refuse to be vaccinated - wasn't that easy

We all know what they mean when they say "Blackburn" is an hotspot

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There isn’t enough testing.

The vaccination program is all screwed up.

Something must be wrong with the numbers.

The prison system is horrible.

Hopefully, I just saved 100 redundant posts.

You could start a "DandermanYoutube channel".

Reporting daily from the inside of prison life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

indeed - like I said we seem to be fighting a war that changes rapidly - how effective will the current vaccines available in Thailand be against these mutations - all unknown at present in an ever changing battle 

Yeah, and another worry is that the virus(es) may become resistant to the vaccines as the crow flies short time, same as like what  has happened to antibiotics given to kill germs like bacteria and fungus. Not scare mongering but this virus is mutating way too fast and is definitely changing and surviving.. Been also reading some studies concerning AstraZeneca and the South African variant that everyone should read up on. My choice is Moderna or Pfizer, but as you said, "all unknown at present in an ever changing battle". So sort of take a look week by week and there is probably something new that pops its ugly head up.

1 minute ago, tingtong said:

From a traders perspective:

"Buy the dips"

Higher lows- higher highs, a clear uptrend.

From a civilian perspective: this doesn't look good!

You forgot the candles, moving average, SMI, etc.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Since the numbers should be stable until the next weekend dump, the question is what they represent, are these the results of testing in clusters, or is the overall positivity rate in Bangkok rising? Similarly, are the northern provinces closing in on 0, or are there new clusters away from Bangkok?

Chonburi is clearly improving, despite the Doom and Gloomers claiming the discovery of 2 factory clusters last week meant that Chonburi was in prolonged spike. From last Saturday:

Chonburi is getting WORSE now, not better.  During 10-19 May, the average daily number of cases in Chonburi was 51.  From 20-29 May, the average daily number of cases was 71.  That's a 39% increase.  Wouldn't have happened without the enormous Songkran policy error.”

As always, the number of hospital walk-ins is a significant factor (the blue bars).

Its all just a one big numbers game

never before have i been so bored of numbers

I hated maths,now i know why ????

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Within Thailand in the past 2 months there have been 136,599 positive cases. That's an average of 2,203 daily positives and there have been 975 deaths at at average of 15 p/d. In the last month, however, (May 1-Jun 1) there have been 101,948 confirmed positives at a daily average of 3,288 and 845 deaths at a daily average of 27. 

If the prison infections are counted, sure.

IF community spread is zero, but prison infections are at 5,000 a day, the bars will open.

• Haha 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

If the prison infections are counted, sure.

IF community spread is zero, but prison infections are at 5,000 a day, the bars will open.

My post:

Within Thailand in the past 2 months there have been 136,599 positive cases. That's an average of 2,203 daily positives and there have been 975 deaths at at average of 15 p/d. In the last month, however, (May 1-Jun 1) there have been 101,948 confirmed positives at a daily average of 3,288 and 845 deaths at a daily average of 27. 

What are the first two words.?Are Thailand prisons within Thailand? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The outbreak could probably never have been stopped but it certainly would not have been as bad had they done the right thing at the beginning and we all know what the right thing to do was. The problem we now have of course is the vaccine fiasco, letting the virus run like this has caught up with them and exposed their complacency and utter irresponsibility in the plan.

In the mean time the daily deaths pile up, those seriously sick in ICU and the families of the loved ones grieving their lost ones. Not to mention the disastrous economic impact this is having.

• Like 2