Covid vax: If you want Moderna at private hospital you'll have to wait until October

webfact

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

However on behalf of the world community I'm sad you have been discomforted. 

Bit like my two 30 year old sons in Melbourne. Hard lockdown 112 days last year and currently back in lockdown. 

The difference is they didn't moan about it.

Thanks for your condolences. Much appreciated.

But what would really help each of myself, your sons, and yourself the most, is if you could get vaccinated as soon as practicable with whichever of the jabs is available. And if you could encourage those in your network to do the same.

It's one thing to endure restrictions when there are no solutions available, but it's quite another to endure them when the group that they are most meant to help decides that they want to have their cake and eat it too.

10 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Thanks for your condolences. Much appreciated.

But what would really help each of myself, your sons, and yourself the most, is if you could get vaccinated as soon as practicable with whichever of the jabs is available. And if you could encourage those in your network to do the same.

It's one thing to endure restrictions when there are no solutions available, but it's quite another to endure them when the group that they are most meant to help decides that they want to have their cake and eat it too.

Such pearls of wisdom.

If you think registering on June 7 (prob won't be possible) will lead to being able to obtain  shot in near future then that is being overly optimistic.

Have you been following these news threads in recent times. The daily flip flops and blatant lies and promises broken is off the charts.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, club said:

So it went from 50.4 % in clinical trials to 94% . Sounds like Chinese propaganda to me. Send us your independent sources 

That commonly quoted 51% / 100% result is from a Phase 3 study in Brazil. The test subjects were (at least 9000 out of 13000) front line medical workers, which put them in high exposure environments. 51% refers to the rate of protection from mild symptoms, 100% refers to the rate of protection from heavy symptoms requiring hospitalization (or death).

Sheryl has put out what should be the final word on those studies, which are not "Chinese" and not "propaganda."

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, club said:

So it went from 50.4 % in clinical trials to 94% . Sounds like Chinese propaganda to me. Send us your independent sources 

I noticed you put that 50.4% as pertaining to clinical trials. Trials? Plural? Really? Or was it just one trial that had the percentage? Isn't it the case that all other trials showed the percentage as being higher? Cherry picking much?

11 minutes ago, Fromas said:

Sheryl has put out what should be the final word on those studies, which are not "Chinese" and not "propaganda."

This is what the WHO said in their decision. (All the different efficacy statistics from different places and for different purposes can get confusing):

"WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population."

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06-2021-who-validates-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-and-issues-interim-policy-recommendations

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is what the WHO said

Here's the irony. The study with the "50.4% effectiveness" that headlined all over the world as proof of Sinovac's weak results (if you only read the headlines) was considered to be in Sinovac's favor.

47 minutes ago, w94005m said:

It's very simple. One balances the risk of problems from the vaccine against the risk of problems from the virus. That makes it a no-brainer for vaccination.

If you're going to factor in potential side-effects from vaccines, then you need to balance that against the equally currently unknown long term side effects from infection with the virus. Past history when comparing the two, also makes  it a no-brainer for most. We know already that many people who have survived the virus have legacy health issues. Those numbers are highly likely to increase as time goes by.

Every vaccine in the world has the same informed consent form. Including of course very well established and safe vaccines like MMR....

Of course if you don't have the virus, feel it is unlikely you'll get it, or are in a low risk group, you might want to factor in these things too.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you think registering on June 7 (prob won't be possible) will lead to being able to obtain  shot in near future then that is being overly optimistic.

Have you been following these news threads in recent times. The daily flip flops and blatant lies and promises broken is off the charts.

I've been casually following, but not in any great detail. I completely agree that the Covid response and vaccine rollout here could have been much better handled.

There have been a lot of mind boggling unforced errors.

1 hour ago, Fromas said:

Here's the irony. The study with the "50.4% effectiveness" that headlined all over the world as proof of Sinovac's weak results (if you only read the headlines) was considered to be in Sinovac's favor.

Take it then, what's stopping you?

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is what the WHO said in their decision. (All the different efficacy statistics from different places and for different purposes can get confusing):

"WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population."

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06-2021-who-validates-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-and-issues-interim-policy-recommendations

Are we talking about the same WHO that said their was not human to human transmission. Then 4 days later admitted it. Who is just as guilty as China for covering this up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I think it was Reuters or Bloomberg. This wide variance was mentioned and also that WHO didn't like the way the Chinese presented their test numbers however due to the proven real world efficacy of Sinovac this was overlooked, Brazil, Indonesia and a few other countries I can't remember produced glowing reports after using Sinovac.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has approved China's Sinovac Covid vaccine for emergency use. The WHO said it prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe symptoms and hospitalisation in 100% of samples.

32 minutes ago, club said:

Are we talking about the same WHO that said their was not human to human transmission. Then 4 days later admitted it. Who is just as guilty as China for covering this up. 

There's plenty of blame to go around, if you want to talk about CV mistakes and misdeeds including -- apart from the WHO -- by the U.S., U.K., China, Thailand and many others.

But I'm not sure what any of that legitimately has to do with the WHO recapping what the known Sinovac vaccine efficacy rates are from vaccine's previously reported clinical trials.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

AstraZeneca’s partner in Thailand has started its first deliveries of Covid-19 vaccines after concerns it was behind on its production schedules for the country and parts of south-east Asia.

Siam Bioscience said the first locally produced AstraZeneca doses were delivered to Thailand’s Ministry of Health ahead of the June 7 start of the country’s official mass vaccination programme.

AstraZeneca signed with Siam Bioscience last year to be its vaccine production and distribution centre in south-east Asia. It said that the vaccines would be ready for export to other south-east Asian countries in July.

Edited by onthedarkside
weblink for posted content added

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's plenty of blame to go around, if you want to talk about CV mistakes and misdeeds including -- apart from the WHO -- by the U.S., U.K., China, Thailand and many others.

But I'm not sure what any of that legitimately has to do with the WHO recapping what the known Sinovac vaccine efficacy rates are from vaccine's previously reported clinical trials.

Try you cant trust what they say and for some reason they protect the Chinese

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, club said:

Try you cant trust what they say and for some reason they protect the Chinese

In this instance, no one needs to trust the WHO, because the Sinovac efficacy data from clinical trials -- which the WHO cited in their report -- had already been previously and independently reported by entities having nothing to do with the WHO.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/chinas-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-found-highly-effective-in-real-world-study

"Indonesia tracked 25,374 health workers in capital city Jakarta for 28 days after they received their second dose and found that the vaccine protected 100 per cent of them from death and 96 per cent from hospitalisation as soon as seven days after, said Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin in an interview on Tuesday (May 11). The workers were tracked until late February."

"Results from its biggest Phase 3 trial in Brazil put the shot known as CoronaVac's efficacy at just above 50 per cent, the lowest among all first-generation Covid-19 vaccines."

"The vaccine has been studied in several countries. The most closely watched research involved about 12,000 health workers in Brazil, where researchers reported 50.7% effectiveness against symptomatic COVID-19 and much stronger protection against severe disease."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/eu-regulators-start-review-chinas-sinovac-vaccine-77480581

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In this instance, no one needs to trust the WHO,

I recall Sheryl pointed out (correctly) that SAGE, the body that made the recommendations, is independent of WHO.

11 hours ago, WineOh said:

This tells me all I need to know about what brand of Jab will be offered to me on June 7th.

I was gonna turn up at the hospital nice and early & in my Sunday best....

Now I don't think i'll bother.

It will be Sinovac or nothing for us farangs.
Like it or lump it.

Your choice to have that vaccine, the government are not enforcing what vaccine you must have. Keep in mind that according to all reports Thailand wont be totally vaccinated until next year.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Wouldn't know where to start with this post. 

However on behalf of the world community I'm sad you have been discomforted. 

Bit like my two 30 year old sons in Melbourne. Hard lockdown 112 days last year and currently back in lockdown. 

The difference is they didn't moan about it.

Finally. The world has an official rep. Now I've got one or two complaints when you're ready...

You need to sign up with a LINE account, which I don't have, and have no interest in obtaining. 

Not sure if there is some kickback to LINE or what, but I would like to know what other avenue there is to register. 

I will not take an emergency use vaccine unless forced to, i.e. being prohibited from traveling, etc. But I will register in case I am compelled, against my will to get one. 

12 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

October?  Maybe.  Also, does this mean anyone, any age or any health condition can get the Moderna vaccine as long as they are willing to pay for it?  Or will a priority of need list be established as well(those who are older and/or with under lying health conditions be first).  Either way I do no see myself or anyone else in my category(under 60 and in overall good health) getting vaccinated anytime in the near future.  

Our family is on a waiting list at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.  Its helpful if you hospital record with them.

Moderna would be my first choice the Pheizer.

4 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

You need to sign up with a LINE account, which I don't have, and have no interest in obtaining. 

Not sure if there is some kickback to LINE or what, but I would like to know what other avenue there is to register. 

I will not take an emergency use vaccine unless forced to, i.e. being prohibited from traveling, etc. But I will register in case I am compelled, against my will to get one. 

The Line app is very good.  Free international calls and deep discounts on hotels and restaurants.  I had your attitude until I used it.  Saved me a few bucks every month.

• Like 1