American man wanted over abduction of Taiwanese businessman arrested at Suvarnabhumi

Jonathan Fairfield

any time a person commits a crime with another person or more, they are totally vulnerable to being arrested. All that is needed is for 1 person to get arrested. That person will turn on all the others. They all become 'dead meat' when that happens. the person will get 0 time in jail if they turn on the others. it is that simple.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I am willing to bet they will leave Thailand. 

I would be amazed if they didn't pay some under the table to get bail.

I have seen it before twice, coincidentally both were from the USA facing jailable offences, and both escaped. 

One was a quite infamous Noisy "fake lawyer/publisher" in Pattaya that some of the old-timers would know.

I predict the Americans will "escape" which will result in the two Thai coppers either blaming the "escapees" fully or the court throwing the case out because of lack of witnesses.

Agreed, I think the Cambodian border will be the destination, although that can be a bit of a minefield!?

33 minutes ago, flexomike said:

They probably do not have there passports, so might be a little difficult to leave the country

Thousands are crossing thai borders illegally on a weekly basis. Getting out of Thailand without a passport is not difficult. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mvdf said:

He probably thought he could outsmart the watchlist system. Police and immigration computer systems never sleep.

Ur rigth.I just left thailand 3 days ago.At the airport everything have to match the system that they do on arrival..picture..fingerprints..passportnumber..i get a covidexemption visa for 60 days and he ust said everything ok.And stamped my passport.

Edited by stigar

14 hours ago, mbenson said:

I bet the Farangs thought that the fix was in, what with their police partners. I don't understand how they could have been so brazen in abducting the guy otherwise. Broad daylight, public place etc. 

it's called Karma and usually follows us around 555

4 hours ago, ebean001 said:

any time a person commits a crime with another person or more, they are totally vulnerable to being arrested. All that is needed is for 1 person to get arrested. That person will turn on all the others. They all become 'dead meat' when that happens. the person will get 0 time in jail if they turn on the others. it is that simple.  

The 'Prisoner's Dilemma'. Almost never fails.

Edited by BusyB

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Should have arranged a porous border crossing, get a fake stamp and got out from another country.

Only if you believe his actions were legal - which it seems they weren't..... So you agree with the Hi-so I can do whatever I want and get away with it. Nice, hopefully something doesn't happen to you or your family and you want justice..

• Confused 2

Bang Kwang and Klong Prem are bad enough but being there when the pandemic is raging within those prison walls can make even a US marine's knees buckle. If he has the means, he should try to get bail like his alleged accomplices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

Today a freshly baked prisoner,

in a week a freshly baked Covid case.

Yes I can just see Lumpini Police cell floors being all marked out with sleeping places 1.5 mts apart and a fresh box of masks on the dressing table lol!  Just go back a bit and study that arrest video to see how many cops with no masks or with them hanging under their chins lol!

• Sad 1