Survival bags to be given to more than 35,000 households in Phuket

webfact

1622620778_1-org.jpg

PPAO President Rewat Areerob at the meeting yesterday (June 1). Photo: PPAO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Deliveries of essential household supplies in what officials call ‘survival bags’ are to be provided to more than 35,000 households across the island to help people who suffering from the ongoing economic crisis. 

The news came from Rewat Areerob, President of the Phuket Provincial Administration Organisation (PPAO, or OrBorJor), who presided over a meeting at the PPAO offices yesterday (June 1).

Mr Rewat explained that the campaign was the result of a meeting with all local administration organisations in Phuket on May 18.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/survival-bags-to-be-given-to-more-than-35-000-households-in-phuket-80201.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-06-03

• Like 1

The "survival bag" that every tourist-dependent family needs is for the government to announce that, from July 1st, every verifiably fully-vaccinated tourist will be welcomed into the country on a 180-day visa waiver and drop all the other requirements.

The solution is right there if they only have the common sense to unambiguously signal to the world that Thailand is open for business again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I agree.

The sad thing is that this should not be down to the local people to fix.

It is a country wide problem and there should be a country wide strategy to solve it.

And I do not mean a 'you spend money and we give half back' policy. That sucks and smells of scams.

People do not have money to spend.

Totally agree with you, most local provincial governors have done relatively little to hep long term employment, as usual they leave it up to Thais to help themselves, much like after flooding etc.
Thailand has a reliance on tourism bigger than they like to admit, and this military leader has no idea how to change it,nor seems interested in doing so.

Resort governors are just sitting tight on their inflated salaries waiting for tourism to resume while locals are suffering with no prospects.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I would imagine people booking holidays wont be enticed in coming to a place issuing 'survival bags' to its populace. Does not exactly breed confidence in a resort does it

I guess depends what in the bags I suppose.  Given its tag as just being a more upmarket Pattaya then perhaps if the bags contained Yaba, Ecstasy , condoms  and sex toys, then this could become a marketing success story perhaps ????????????

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

I guess depends what in the bags I suppose.  Given its tag as just being a more upmarket Pattaya then perhaps if the bags contained Yaba, Ecstasy , condoms  and sex toys, then this could become a marketing success story perhaps ????????????

No need to get too excited it wasn't much last time and that was last year in the first lockdown, A bag of rice, eggs, water, mama and tin fish (cat food) I haven't seen any of them food handouts around where I live for ages when most were organised by farangs in the area

35,000 wont go very far I think they would need that for one area

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

No need to get too excited it wasn't much last time and that was last year in the first lockdown, A bag of rice, eggs, water, mama and tin fish (cat food)..........................

Mustn't forget the inclusion of toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper and other items that one can live decades without.

As much as they may be in desperate need of essential items to survive, poor buggers must crawl and stagger their weary and under-nourished bodies to a collection point where they must then wait hours in the broiling heat for a 'Mr Big' or other so-called VIP to arrive for the 'giving out ceremony' to be captured by the media.

???? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

Mustn't forget the inclusion of toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper and other items that one can live decades without.

As much as they may be in desperate need of essential items to survive, poor buggers must crawl and stagger their weary and under-nourished bodies to a collection point where they must then wait hours in the broiling heat for a 'Mr Big' or other so-called VIP to arrive for the 'giving out ceremony' to be captured by the media.

???? ????

The first time in Rawai they came to every house handing it out, we gave ours to a Thai family I know

• Like 1