Registrations for Moderna jab hit 100,000 on first day

webfact

15 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

It's a Line App.  Not secure. Forget about it.  why would you put your personal information on a Line App?  Line is great for arranging the gardener to come over or arranging lunch with friends, but personal information.  No way.

Why are you using the internet?  It's not secure.  That's just crazy to be using the internet.  You probably do banking and lots of other things over the internet.  That's crazy.  Now they know who you are and have all you info and will be sending the black helicopters because you apparently think you are that important for them to care. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

because you apparently think you are that important for them to care.

My my, aren't you hostile.  I am only suggesting that using a phone APP  is not safe for sensitive personal information.  I'm not going to argue with anyone.  Personally I use the phone to make calls, take a few pictures and send a text or email once in a while.   I personally feel it is just safer to not use all these phone apps for banking, etc.  It's all about a level of security I feel comfortable with.  I wasn't criticizing anyone, especially you.

Now I remember why I don't comment on news stories very often.    Who needs the grief.  Everyone has their own life and opinion, mate.  

Edited by LivingNThailand
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 6:36 AM, MasterBaker said:

my registration number is 790xxx

"for alternative vaccines, with the expected availability in October 2021. The price is about 2,000 baht per needle, including hospital service fees. and medical fees (does not include doctor fees) The doctor's fee depends on each hospital."

Registered the Thai wife and myself this morning....easy enough.....selected the Thonburi Group private hospital that we have used for over a dozen years and only a 5 minute drive away.   Our registration numbers were 960XXX.        

A person only needs to enter their name, Thai ID or passport number, age, select if you have any certain medical conditions (they list a half dozen or so like diabetes, etc), and then select the Thonburi Group Hospital you want to get the jab at.  As mentioned we selected the hospital we have used for over a dozen years.

Although the wife and I are scheduled for a late June govt free jab which we already delayed once from early June to late June since Sinovac was pretty much the only vaccine available (we don't want Sinovac), we are still deciding whether to go with the late June govt free jab if it's AstraZeneca...but if it's Sinovac that will be a no-go with us.  We are "OK" with AstraZeneca as we see it as just an "OK" vaccine but not as good a Modera or Pfizer.   

Since our U.S. medical insurance will fully cover the core cost of the jab minus any doctors/office visit fee I figure our insurance will end up covering approx 80% of the total cost for both Moderna jabs.  My gut is already telling me to just wait for Moderna in Oct vs AstraZeneca in Jun.

Have "expressed my interest" (that's what this "registration" actually is) for Moderna at Ratchapruek Hospital in Khon Kaen.

Now go back to hibernation.

To shock the audience: I would take Sinovac if available.

To me a less risky vaccination than the others.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

According to below 4 June 2021 news article (Google Translate is your friend in reading this article), the THG has almost one million bookings for a Moderna jab beginning Oct 2021.    Partial quote below....see link for full article.   As mentioned earlier the wife and I booked on 4 June...our bookings numbers were in the 960,000 ballpark.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/thg-thonburi-hospital-the-number-of-bookings-for-the-3-day-moderna-vaccination-surpasses-a-million-people/

THG Thonburi Hospital opens registration for the 3-day alternative vaccination “Moderna”, the number of bookings is almost 1 million people, confident that they will be injected this October

14 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Injections start in October........that means paying now?....about 5000Baht......and hoping you don't die in the meantime and the vaccine does turn up!!!!

No payment until they receive the vaccine which will be in September.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Brill......thanks for that....it was putting me off pressing the button........not heard back from them yet anyway.

Both the wife and I got 

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Brill......thanks for that....it was putting me off pressing the button........not heard back from them yet anyway.

Don't expect you will hear anything until the vaccine has been shipped/arrives....then they will ask for payment. 

• Thanks 1

I expect around the Sep/Oct time frame various alternate vaccines such as Moderna, Pfizer, J&J, Sputnik V, etc.  will be widely available in Thailand based on news reports and also reading between the lines. 

I also think the Thai govt understands a LOT of people are going to wait for a vaccine choice other than Sinovac and AstraZeneca and therefore the govt understands to get the most people vaccinated that the govt "must" get other vaccines into the country, whether free or paid.  But the govt is not going to talk much about that other than to say alternate vaccines are coming in a X-months as it would distract their current push for people to receive the Sinovac/AstraZeneca vaccine now which is a bird in hand vaccine.

Additionally, I'm sure there are a lot of people who have decided they don't want to mix-and-match vaccine types, like getting a first jab of Sinovac/AstraZeneca jab (traditional type vaccines) now and later on a second jab of Moderna/Pfizer (newer mRNA vaccines)....or vice-versa.    While additional research may prove that to be an effective & safe way, the jury is really still out on that although some countries have already decided to do such due to the availability and concerns with certain vaccines.

Anyway, when it comes to which vaccine to get call it brand preference....call it trust/confidence level....call it whatever....it's a personal choice especially when a person is willing to pay for the jab.

• Thanks 2

While Moderna jab isn't about to be arriving, touted for October the earliest ( pick your year?)

Estimating the windfall now is practical, since order now, the new Porsche or Audi of your choice will also happen to take months.

Thai strategic planning at work.

Medical fees, insurance fee, doctor fee, check up fee...enough to make any hospital salivate.

Oh, that they have the hiso  and government officials and police generals on the board of directors and shareholders, a coincidence only.

After all stopping the virus is a humanitarian priority, and profit shouldn't be the priority.

But tourism out of the picture, skin the sheep that is available now: virus fear and vaccination. A trillion baht business.

On 6/3/2021 at 6:32 AM, ikke1959 said:

he price is getting up.. first not more than 3000 THB included everything, a few days ago 1000 to 1500 THB yesterday 1500 to 2000 THB today 1800-2000 THB  excluded insurance and medical costs....   Who will get the extra money??

Dr Boon Vanasin.

While THG is the first to organise registrations for Moderna, it is not going to the only private hospital that gets it and it will probably have to compete with the other groups for allocation from the GPO which will be the importer. 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, bwpage3 said:

100% Money Grab trying to scam people.

The US has given away millions and millions of doses free.

The injection takes one second, why would there be additional fee's and health checkups?

Leave it to the Thai's to profit on anything they possibly can, even a pandemic.

in the US in many places giving the vaccine..people are asked to provide their health ins info....weeks after receiving the vaccine I received a letter from my insurance acknowledging receipt of the vaccine and that it would be of NO charge to me but the ins company pays the tab...so I wonder if people without insurance still qualify

11 hours ago, Lingba said:

in the US in many places giving the vaccine..people are asked to provide their health ins info....weeks after receiving the vaccine I received a letter from my insurance acknowledging receipt of the vaccine and that it would be of NO charge to me but the ins company pays the tab...so I wonder if people without insurance still qualify

If "living in the U.S.," there is no charge whether you have insurance or not.   The U.S. vaccine provider can not charge you directly for the jab but they can bill your insurance company.  And if not having insurance coverage the U.S. vacinne provider can bill the U.S. govt, specifically the Health Resources & Services Administration.   See weblinks/quotes info below info from the CDC regarding "Who is paying for the COVID 19 vaccines."

Now if getting the jab outside the U.S. then any reimbursement is up to your insurance company.  If not having medical insurance then it out of your pocket...I'm not aware of anyway for a person to bill the govt directly for reimbursement like how medical providers currently can.  From various news stories I've read over the last few months some insurance companies will reimburse the COVID 19 jab when the jab is given outside the U.S....it's up to that insurance company.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

https://www.hrsa.gov/coviduninsuredclaim

image.png.c83644ad4afa86d6a9e204e5afb29ccb.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just did my advance payment for two jabs, Moderna at Chaiyaphruek hospital in Khon Kaen.

The payment was 2400 Baht. So I expect some additional fee will apply at the actual event.

As usual it's all in Thai, needed help from the daughter. Paid with Bangkok Bank debit card.

THG_Impfung_bezahlt - Kopie.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just did my advance payment for two jabs, Moderna at Chaiyaphruek hospital in Khon Kaen.

The payment was 2400 Baht. So I expect some additional fee will apply at the actual event.

As usual it's all in Thai, needed help from the daughter. Paid with Bangkok Bank debit card.

THG_Impfung_bezahlt - Kopie.jpg

What do you actually get for your 2,400 baht?

An appointment date and time?

Did you get a confirmation e-mail from the KK hospital or is everything on the Thonburi app?

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What do you actually get for your 2,400 baht?

An appointment date and time?

Did you get a confirmation e-mail from the KK hospital or is everything on the Thonburi app?

It is just a reservation/booking for the actual vaccine doses.

Means that hospital can use the funds to buy vaccines.

No appointment. October at best.

No email confirmation, all on the LINE app/site.

I save screenshots with the reg.nr. etc. as last resort.

I am well aware that the money might be lost if I find an earlier opportunity for whatever vaccine.

The granddaughter has also paid with her debit card.

Seems there is no other payment option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am well aware that the money might be lost if I find an earlier opportunity for whatever vaccine.

Review the terms, your reservation may be trasnferrable.

I paid in full, my invoice is fully trasnferrable. It is refundable under certain circumstances.

5pm1.jpg

File photo

INN reported that the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation are charging private hospitals 1,100 baht for each dose of Moderna vaccine of choice.

GPO chief Withoon Danwiboon said that this fee included tax, distribution charges and liability insurance charges. 

He said that all private hospitals offering the vaccine would charge the same.

This was earlier reassessed as being 3,400 baht for two jabs. 

This means that the hospitals will be charging a 1,200 baht "service charge" to cover their costs. Well over 50%.

NOW it appears this group has added 700 plus baht to the actual cost charged by the Govt, looks like the trough just got deeper,

"The cost is 1,800 – 2,000 baht per dose, excluding additional medical fees that could range from a further 300 – 500 baht depending on the hospital, he said. The group will also be offering options for additional health and immunity check-ups after the vaccinations, for another 500 baht. " 

The Thai people are desperate for a real vaccine. Their government made a choice based on economy, and not the health and welfare of their people. Very typical of these cheapskates, and penny pinchers. 

Now, I just heard that the clinics and hospitals in Chaiyaphum province, are filled to capacity with Covid infected people. Had the hapless ones (Prayuth and Anutin) not warned that construction sites would be closed, days before, and had people checking and testing the workers before allowing them to leave, none of this would happen. It appears likely we are not only not seeing the curve flattened, but we may be on the verge of a 4th wave. Call it the "Pratin 19" wave. Direct responsibility once again falls on those tiny, feeble shoulders.

Out with the toxic and dangerous dinosaurs. In with the youth. Change is desperately needed. 

On 6/4/2021 at 6:05 AM, LivingNThailand said:

My my, aren't you hostile.  I am only suggesting that using a phone APP  is not safe for sensitive personal information.  I'm not going to argue with anyone.  Personally I use the phone to make calls, take a few pictures and send a text or email once in a while.   I personally feel it is just safer to not use all these phone apps for banking, etc.  It's all about a level of security I feel comfortable with.  I wasn't criticizing anyone, especially you.

Now I remember why I don't comment on news stories very often.    Who needs the grief.  Everyone has their own life and opinion, mate.  

That is just what it is an opinion.

Not sure why a web registration would be any more safe then one done with line. I guess your a bit behind in times.

Do explain me why its more unsafe then a web interface ?

How does one register for the vaccine at Thonburi Bamrungmuang?  I scanned the QR code but it says that the login attempt failed.  I've never set up an account with them and don't see anywhere that would allow me to do this. I've looked at several THG websites and there's nothing on the pages about vaccines.  The only way I got to the vaccine webpage was by googling "thg-vaccine-web" that was listed in KhunBENQ's post (thanks btw).

I'm wondering if it's just me or another example of terrible communication in Thailand (or both).

Thanks in advance

On 6/3/2021 at 8:39 AM, cocoonclub said:

He probably is on Facebook, WhatsApp and is using Google and Gmail every day. Genius. 

Immigration is safe, they seem clueless regarding your information, since they need you to submit the same details again and again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

How does one register for the vaccine at Thonburi Bamrungmuang?  I scanned the QR code but it says that the login attempt failed.  I've never set up an account with them and don't see anywhere that would allow me to do this. I've looked at several THG websites and there's nothing on the pages about vaccines.  The only way I got to the vaccine webpage was by googling "thg-vaccine-web" that was listed in KhunBENQ's post (thanks btw).

I'm wondering if it's just me or another example of terrible communication in Thailand (or both).

Thanks in advance

Registration at Thonburi Group is closed.

• Thanks 1

It is expected that the number could reach around 300,000, Dr Boon Vanasin added.

Dr Boon earlier said that 2m people had registered for Moderna on his website but this is probably the number they expect to pay in advance.

15 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

It is expected that the number could reach around 300,000, Dr Boon Vanasin added.

Dr Boon earlier said that 2m people had registered for Moderna on his website but this is probably the number they expect to pay in advance.

FWIW, that's just one web-site, though it does represent a large hospital network with national reach.

There are dozens, if not more, other hospitals and groups selling tickets. Some haven't yet "opened" registration, but they have cash and have made a guarantee to Zuelllig/GPO.