Worst affected provinces given priority for COVID-19 vaccines

webfact

I read on another  site  there will be postponements of thousands previously booked appointments until further notice at one hospital in UD, for elderly and people with medical conditions !

I got 3 weeks until my previously  scheduled  date with the "Maaw".

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gashead said:

I'm in Pakchong.  My wife called the local government hospital today to check on the 7th June registration date for me.  She was told that they have VERY limited supplies and in any event it's Thais first.  Said to check again in August.  While she was on the phone they encouraged her to sign up!!  I am over 60 with some issues, she is late 40's and fit as a fiddle.

That’s saved me a job where my situation eerily mirrors yours ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Some 2 million doses of AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines are in the process of being distributed to provinces throughout the country.

Two million doses divided between each province then only given to those at the highest priority.

Good luck to all those who thought being registered will get theirs...

Didn't work out to well for those in Hua Hin.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gashead said:

I'm in Pakchong.  My wife called the local government hospital today to check on the 7th June registration date for me.  She was told that they have VERY limited supplies and in any event it's Thais first.  Said to check again in August.  While she was on the phone they encouraged her to sign up!!  I am over 60 with some issues, she is late 40's and fit as a fiddle.

Lifes a bitch and then you die... my old mans words were quite right.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

I, for one, am headed back to the U. S. of A.  where one can get the vaccination of one’s choice  at the corner drugstore. This bungled vaccine situation in the kingdom is not only an embarrassment but borders on being criminal.

Being a criminal in certain positions one has immunity... and I'm not talking about vaccines.

• Haha 1

"Expats in Hua Hin aged over 60 who have registered to receive the vaccine have been given vaccination appointments starting in the first week of July".

That is another lie, as posted yesterday, I went through all the registration procedures on Wednesday, to be told "VACCINE RUN OUT" last night I get a message on Line in Thai, I ask several English speaking locals and they cannot understand the message, so I went to Hua Hin hospital this morning and after showing the message to many people who just looked and shrugged, I got someone who said "it is an automated message" and you should not have received it??? I asked when, as a 75 year old will I get the vaccine, told " come back next month, maybe we get some more vaccine by then? "NOT GIVEN APPOINTMENT FOR JULY" Oh well another debacle. TIT.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, apetryxx said:

I, for one, am headed back to the U. S. of A.  where one can get the vaccination of one’s choice  at the corner drugstore. This bungled vaccine situation in the kingdom is not only an embarrassment but borders on being criminal.

I just got this message from Kaiser Permanente.

Dear XXXXXXX,                                                    

In the past year, you, your family, and our communities have endured many challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Even with increasing numbers of people getting vaccinated, the pandemic is not yet over. I'm writing to encourage you to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine to protect you from serious illness. The vaccines are very safe and effective. Side effects are generally mild to moderate and usually go away after 2 days.

At Kaiser Permanente and other vaccination sites, the vaccine is available at no cost. We want to reassure you that we never share your personal information with outside agencies. We don't ask about immigration status. Getting fully vaccinated helps protect everyone, including individuals with high-risk medical conditions and vulnerable populations from COVID-19, including Latinos/Latinx, Black/African Americans, and others.

If you have questions or concerns about the vaccine, please visit COVID-19 vaccine facts.

You can conveniently schedule your vaccine by visiting COVID-19 vaccine info or calling 866-454-8855.

If you received your vaccine at a location outside of Kaiser Permanente, please go to COVID-19 vaccine questionnaire and complete the brief COVID-19 vaccination questionnaire to update your medical record with this information. You can also provide us with your Covid vaccine dates and type (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) so that we can update your medical records for you. If possible, please send a photo of your vaccination card.

As always, we want to encourage preventative health. Please view your health screenings on this link My Health Reminders.

I wish you and your loved ones the very best of health. You can make a difference in helping end the pandemic.

Sincerely, 

Your care team

along with those provinces which are set to reopen to international tourists will be given priority over provinces with lower case numbers,

What a load of you know what, along with rewarding bad behavior.  That's the liberal way - you can document it all the way back to "cash for clunkers"

• Like 1
  • Confused 2