TAT proposes attracting a MILLION foreigners - work with no work permit, right to buy land - TEN Year stay

webfact

I've actually come to love the frequent brain farts from the TAT, I'm wondering if they have a department dedicated to amusing foreigners, and trying to outdo one another with ever more fanciful scenarios.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

When you start reading the details the whole thing becomes laughable. Retirees with quarter a million dollars.....most of us don’t have that kind of money. 

Agreed but "we" are not who they are targeting. They don't have to do F All to keep those of us who already here. We are not who they want on this new thing. 

• Like 1

Jesus i don't no what to say how someone come up with something Like this im still try to figured Out where this Guys get this idears.....Just to say something because the have to say something to look important i can't believe that somebody real think one of this gona work

4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

30,000k = 30 million thb = 1 million USD. Are you sure about that? If so, I'm sure they'll make a special immigration category just for you.

You're buying more than a maid and some food & rent methinks.

Sure, my post says 30000 baht. So $960/mo rent and $120/mo for the cleaner because the place is very big (it's basically a resort). Good luck with your trolling career though, hope it pays the bills.

People who already have those skills or skillsets can go anywhere, Beside's the weather what advantage does Thailand have long term ?  I love the country to visit but wouldn't want to live there I am so glad I didn't buy a condo in BKK  - I wouldn't be able to visit. What will happen when the next pandemic Hits, guaranteed they will still be unprepared,  People who a successful can mostly stay in their own countries with a much better quality of life and not worry about whose's in charge and when the rules will change - No Matter what you do or how long you stay in Thailand you will never be consider a thai - anyone who thinks they will be is a fool- You are seen as a Falang  ATM to be drained and discarded 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

What happens when the 10 years is up ?

Perhaps...

Can't get visa linked compulsory insurance, no liquidity to repatriate your investment, and with hindsight no real yield apparent on your investment over the previous 10 years.????

Where as $250k US perhaps may give you $110k real yield in an investment portfolio over the 10 years. Not really sure how they would present these plans as an offer, to the targets.. But I don't have a degree, how could I possibly ???? 

Edited by UKresonant

2 hours ago, kynikoi said:

How can you be an (Executive) VP without a degree?! That doesn't even sound possible especially how young you are. I have three friends that are engineers and they've absolutely scrapped for their careers throughout their lives.

I'm sure we're not talking electrical, civil, mechanical, computer, software, materials...

Maybe sanitation.

Well you believing in something doesn't make it true or false. I'm a software engineer and many, many of us are self taught. And now, after 20 years, I have many others working for me because I know what I am doing. I'm super glad I never went to university because a lot of the morons I meet in the industry went there and learnt all kinds of bad habits. Also, it would have taken 4 years of my life - I've been employed full-time since I was 17 and never had to worry about money.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, johng said:

The thing I don't see happening is "the right to buy land"     it was touted for the elite visa but soon dropped  PDQ same thing here I would say.

I think they are scared that falang may take the land with them in suitcases when they leave Thailand

• Haha 1

Wow 

TAT HAVE ONLY JUST REALISED THAT US FARANG  HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING THAILAND FOR SO MANY YEARS BRINGING AND SENDING OUR DOLLARS  POUNDS EUROS

BUT FOR SO MANY YEARS WE WHERE SHUN 

NOW THAILAND IS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE 

WE ARE WELCOME 

I FEAR TO LATE 

CAMBODIA VIETNAM PHILIPPINE 

HAVE ALWAYS WELCOMED US 

TAT NEED TO COME UP WITH MUCH BETTER IDEAS TO GET US ALL TO COME BACK AND INVEST 

ME FOR ONE 

I HAD A HOUSE CONDOS SHOPS RESTAURANTS BARS 

BRINGING MILLIONS TO THAILAND 

A COUNTRY AND PEOPLE I LOVED 

I HOPE ONE DAY 

WHEN THE PEOPLE HAVE A LEADERSHIP 

LIKE THE PHILIPPINES 

ALL OF US FARANG WILL COME BACK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've read most of the replies - mostly on target for sure.  I have family and friends who want to come back to visit Thailand,  some might want to invest in a life in Thailand, like I did.  My answer so far: wait awhile! This is all fancy-dancy stuff with little substance to anchor the schemes in reality.  Current Junta gov't is always going for enticing the rich!!  only the rich!!!  only only the rich!!!!  Thailand, hopefully, will become the most wonderful place to visit, and maybe decide to live here, again. No question.  Not yet, though.  Needs a legitimate elected government, though no guarantees about that, either.  But -  that route basically works better than current attempts at governing, and it can work in an egalitarian manner that is quite livable, and fun!

• Like 1

Just now, Madeline Thompson said:

I've read most of the replies - mostly on target for sure.  I have family and friends who want to come back to visit Thailand,  some might want to invest in a life in Thailand, like I did.  My answer so far: wait awhile! This is all fancy-dancy stuff with little substance to anchor the schemes in reality.  Current Junta gov't is always going for enticing the rich!!  only the rich!!!  only only the rich!!!!  Thailand, hopefully, will become the most wonderful place to visit, and maybe decide to live here, again. No question.  Not yet, though.  Needs a legitimate elected government, though no guarantees about that, either.  But -  that route basically works better than current attempts at governing, and it can work in an egalitarian manner that is quite livable, and fun!

And.... this is coming from  TAT.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

What a laugh. I've been here 10 years, invested well over USD1m in land and property, spend well over THB4m per year including private school fees, buy 2 new cars every 3 years, and indirectly support a very large Thai family. But do I get any perks.. Of course we don't. So why suddenly the promises of special treatment for their new target of wealthy Farang. How about looking after the wealthy ones here already. 

That is some serious dicß waving.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genix said:

51% Thai ownership is not a risk?

FBL does have it's limitations and complexities.

No it is not , down to basic shareholding and voting rights. Again for small business that is 

40 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

That’s a lot of Abrahams. What a nightmare without a coin machine. I guess we would have to exchange it into 25 satang coins. 

Might take a while to count....lol

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

All of my income is foreign and I have lived in CNX for years.  I have never been taxed on my foreign income while I have lived in Thailand. If  I had $250,000 USD in liquid assets at my disposable I would have never come to LOS.  For those who can spare that kind of money "better options are out there?".  However I do know someone who is pretty close to being a millionaire.  He told me his only reason for living in LOS is this:  Women and Girls.  Plentiful and easier to please than the western variety.  

i totally agree, finaly someone not being in denial

the main Thailand's attraction is the pu...y power

if it was not for his girls and women, the country will

be as attractive to live in than Sri Lanka or Kuwait

where there are also a hot climate and beaches 

Edited by kingofthemountain