Thailand reports 2,662 new COVID-19 cases, 28 new deaths

webfact

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Chonburi active testing going down, only 487 people were tested in proactive testing yesterday when it used to be over the 1,000 mark daily. Mind you thats better than Phuket who seem to have given up altogether.

Chonburi Covid -19 cases rise to 69

The details on the cases are as follows:

Cluster in a community where migrant workers live in Si Racha, 22 cases

Cluster at Suksawat Pansadet ice factory in Si Racha, 3 cases

Cluster in Rayong factory transferred to Chonburi for medical care, 1 case

Contact from previous confirmed cases from Bang Sai cluster, 6 cases

Contact from previous confirmed cases in New Market, 3 cases

Contact from previous confirmed cases from Celeraise company, 1 case

Contact from previous confirmed cases

In families, 13 cases

In workplaces, 8 cases

Close contact migrant workers in Si Racha, 3 cases

Close contact from previous confirmed cases being investigated, 8 cases

Being investigated, 1 case

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/08/chonburi-covid-19-cases-rise-to-69/

26 new.the rest closecontacts and family.Almost done! 

Just now, Olmate said:

Yup, the virus has been conquered again by Tgailand and its awesome programs.  Nothing to see here folks, move along and wait to be vaccinated in the future...

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

"Almost done" They've been saying that for weeks now but yea if you say so, keep on cutting pro active testing and it will just be down to people to show themselves in hospitals again. Fantastic, they can make a profit that way as you have to pay, job done indeed.

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I predicted from the beginning of this outbreak that they would reach a threshold of daily cases and that the number wouldn’t change thereafter...and this is exactly the situation we have now.

They either cannot or will not test more people. So they are stuck at testing x amount of people per day which yields x amount of positives.

Surely even the staunchest junta huggers can see this?

Sounds plausible; and if this is the case, how long will vital institutions like schools have to remain closed, while shops and restaurants remain open?  Daily numbers like this could continue for many months and full vaccination won't be achieved for years (if at all).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sounds plausible; and if this is the case, how long will vital institutions like schools have to remain closed, while shops and restaurants remain open?  Daily numbers like this could continue for many months and full vaccination won't be achieved for years (if at all).

Move to Phuket, no testing and schools are open, International ones anyway ????

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Schools are interesting. Maybe next Monday they'll open as this will add to the facade that all is under control. Maybe ok in some provences but what I don't understand is that with far less daily infections schools were closed.

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I predicted from the beginning of this outbreak that they would reach a threshold of daily cases and that the number wouldn’t change thereafter...and this is exactly the situation we have now.

They either cannot or will not test more people. So they are stuck at testing x amount of people per day which yields x amount of positives.

Surely even the staunchest junta huggers can see this?

Somewhere within all the announcements going back months, the PM said they couldn't afford a second wave, and here we are inside a third. Mention was made of expensive test kits, costs of deploying trained staff, cost of responding to higher numbers of positive cases.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Schools are interesting. Maybe next Monday they'll open as this will add to the facade that all is under control. Maybe ok in some provences but what I don't understand is that with far less daily infections schools were closed.

I think they're an easy target.  Hopefully, you're right and proper education can resume on Monday.  I have my doubts though.

Trust me if this was somehow limited to the poor, they wouldn't lift a finger, just like the road toll.

When I see these numbers I think they're still lower than the daily road toll. 

So it's always a surprise that they are so paranoid about this, yet so mai bpen rai about the road toll.

Yet amazingly, even their paranoia cannot overcome their nepotic, sclerotic, corrupt brain-dead incompetence.

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Almost done" They've been saying that for weeks now but yea if you say so, keep on cutting pro active testing and it will just be down to people to show themselves in hospitals again. Fantastic, they can make a profit that way as you have to pay, job done indeed.

People have been going to hospitals either free or paying prior to covid,.....what’s the point your failing to make?

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

People have been going to hospitals either free or paying prior to covid,.....what’s the point your failing to make?

Oh dear  ???? Sorry if you fail to understand my point in the post then I just can't help you anymore

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think they're an easy target.  Hopefully, you're right and proper education can resume on Monday.  I have my doubts though.

They are an easy target and if I lived in Bangkok I would be just as frustrated as you are. Luckily here in Phuket the International schools are open and we have my daughter back at school otherwise I would begrudge having to pay such high fee's for online learning which even when done well is not worth all that money.

However with the case numbers in Bangkok then I guess its an easier decision for them to keep them closed?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yes in Loei they open many school next week. But they take 30-40%  student in. So every student go visit in school, other times they study from home. This is in big schools where have much student. Other schools can open if they can do it safe way. I know for kids is important to go schools but is it good thing we will see later. All student fit them self in school vans really close to eatch other so how they haddle social distancing in schools is irrelevant.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

There is a real need to increase testing, specially in locations that have been prone to outbreaks in the past.

However this is Thailand, and the chances of the Government spending any more on testing is Nil.

All these new " Clusters ", which in reality are just the same outbreak, makes me wonder if all the " Home Isolation " people and the workers confined to their Factories, are added into the Daily figures.

There seem to be a lot of new outbreaks on a Daily basis, yet there are no more than the predictable 2000 ish number of new cases every Day

Think it is clear by now that daily cases are limited by numbers tested. Yesterday just over 5000 PUI reported for Sunday and daily PUI nearly always in the 9-13k range. Yesterday Chonburi testing dropped to 714 in total including 227 testing of known contacts. If testing stays roughly the same and numbers roughly the same this could go on for months like this, with clusters continually popping up once the limited testing identifies them by default and not looking for them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Think it is clear by now that daily cases are limited by numbers tested. Yesterday just over 5000 PUI reported for Sunday and daily PUI nearly always in the 9-13k range. Yesterday Chonburi testing dropped to 714 in total including 227 testing of known contacts. If testing stays roughly the same and numbers roughly the same this could go on for months like this, with clusters continually popping up once the limited testing identifies them by default and not looking for them.

And walk in testing is not working! Can easily see from numbers in many province! Many days zero infected then pop up 1 to 25 new in one day! These coming coz they cant / want follow infection chains in every province! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Active case finding positives (yellow) lowest for some time, while hospital walkins (blue) rising. Not the best scenario. Yes I'll say it again, just not enough testing going on to find all cases and with the Indian variant now accounting for 6% of all cases, testing is the only way to identify it before it gets out of control.

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/080664.pdf

chart ccsa.png

and the Indian variant will very quickly become the dominant variant with all the issues that it brings....Thailand did not start vaccinations quick enough to control this variant which requires 2 shots and I am of the opinion that just like the testing numbers you will find it hard to discover the vaccination numbers as soon as they have issues with that ????

6 hours ago, smedly said:

IMO they are refusing to test to keep the numbers hidden, places like factories Malls etc that have outbreaks they just either lock (quarantine) everyone inside and remove those that are sick and need t

The death count doesn't fit with this theory. Deaths are likely underreported, but there's no reason to suppose the under reporting is more now, than a few months ago.

We heard all this undertesting months ago. Then cases jumped to 3500. How is a spike to 3500 consistent with fabricating numbers?

Prison Covid rate nears 1 in 10

A further 534 coronavirus cases were found at three prisons in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infected inmates in the third wave to more than 30,000 people, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Tuesday. The prison population of Thailand is a little more than 310,000.

The country reported 2,662 cases in the past 24 hours. Apart from the cases in prisons, 1,495 were found at medical facilities 617 via pro-active tests at known clusters and 16 imported cases, said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, the CCSA’s spokesman.

Of the 534 prison cases, 415 were found at Bang Kwang Central Prison alone followed by 115 cases Chachoengsao Provincial Central Prison and four cases at Klong Prem Central Prison.

prisons-1024x561.jpg

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28334/prison-covid-rates-nears-1-in-10/

• Like 2

Out of the 2,112 local cases (outside of prisons) most in Bangkok

Out of the 2,112 local cases (outside of prisons) most in

Bangkok - 1,098

Samut Prakan - 269

Pathum Thani - 80

Nonthaburi - 77

Samut Sakhon - 75

Chonburi - 69

Nakhon Pathom - 58

Trang - 55

Phetchaburi - 49

Chachoengsao - 39

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1402139708377899021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:

Since 1 April 2021

153,685 people infected (+16 imported cases & +2,646 local cases)

1,203 dead +28

49,252 in care

1,281 in ICU & 359 on ventilators

2,483 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1402137497203707904

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

The death count doesn't fit with this theory. Deaths are likely underreported, but there's no reason to suppose the under reporting is more now, than a few months ago.

We heard all this undertesting months ago. Then cases jumped to 3500. How is a spike to 3500 consistent with fabricating numbers?

You do know what happens under bubble and seal right? Even 6 months ago they were under reporting. No need to test as they just let the infected mix with the healthy to create herd immunity

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Prison numbers were starting to be reported where before they were not.