Mor Prom How? Pink ID card What?

I am underwhelmed  by the response  to my questions.  Am I the only one of 3 million foreigners who is does not know  the answers to the above  questions? Pink ID Card? English Functioning Mor Prom App?. It's odd that so many people  know about Koh Tao but not about practical  things...Such as: here in Pattaya  how does somebody get vaccinated  against Covid 19?

The newer Pink ID cards don't work on it anymore, as my wife tried to sign me up, and they ask for the 13 digit number on the back of your card starting with YTO, without that number you can't register.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dsj said:

The newer Pink ID cards don't work on it anymore, as my wife tried to sign me up, and they ask for the 13 digit number on the back of your card starting with YTO, without that number you can't register.

I recently signed up about June 6th using my pink card.  They added an option to skip the number on the card's reverse unless you have a blue Thai ID. I got all the way to adding my local hospital but so far cannot schedule a vaccination.

But they are friendly, every day they send me a new health hint.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dsj said:

You are referring to 13 digits at the back so I guess you are not PR, Therefor your ID Card normally starts with digit 6 as where PR starts with digit 8 and has 13 digits on the front-side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

I recently signed up about June 6th using my pink card.  They added an option to skip the number on the card's reverse unless you have a blue Thai ID. I got all the way to adding my local hospital but so far cannot schedule a vaccination.

But they are friendly, every day they send me a new health hint.

My wife just tried it right now and it still asks her to imput the JTxxxxxxxx number on the back of the card, and no option to skip it.

9 minutes ago, dsj said:

My wife just tried it right now and it still asks her to imput the JTxxxxxxxx number on the back of the card, and no option to skip it.

I still don't have any number on the back of the card... ????? Amazing thing....

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

I still don't have any number on the back of the card... ????? Amazing thing....

Does your 13 digit starts with"6" this is the number on the front of my card 6 1038 xxxxx xx x

On the back lower left corner is a white box with 8 011xxxx x

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dsj said:

There is an option, like a 2 level bar that goes all the way across the screen to choose the foreign ID (for foreigners and migrant workers) vs the thai ID. The selected area is green. I think you choose the lower of the two bars. When you do, the entry for the reverse number is greyed.

It is not too obvious and will not mention pink card. This was actually added back in May, but I only signed up on June 6. It was still there then.

Edited by rabas

20 minutes ago, dsj said:

Does your 13 digit starts with"6" this is the number on the front of my card 6 1038 xxxxx xx x

No, all digits (13) on front side, starting with 8 being PR.... The one on the back starts with B followed by 7 digits...

3 hours ago, dsj said:

My card number is 6 1297 xxxxx xx x and on the reverse a B not an 8

B 002xxxx x

My wife used it to register for me , with the App, around 1st May… injection was 10th June

My card issue year is 2560.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

I am underwhelmed  by the response  to my questions.  Am I the only one of 3 million foreigners who is does not know  the answers to the above  questions? Pink ID Card? English Functioning Mor Prom App?. It's odd that so many people  know about Koh Tao but not about practical  things...Such as: here in Pattaya  how does somebody get vaccinated  against Covid 19?

If you a search you will find a LOT of threads on the Pink ID card and the registration with Mor Prom application. 

This has to be one of the most widely discussed topics on this forum lately (since may) - there’s lots of info out there. 

----------------

To answer your specific questions: 

The Pink ID is a card issued to foreigners (pink) colour which states is not an ID card, but can be used as and ID card and is accepted in most places as an ID card. 

The Pink ID can be acquired after a foreigner obtains a Yellow Tabien Baan house book.

Acquisition of the Yellow Tabien Baan house book requires a little leg work, permission and assistance from the ‘house owner’ (wife or landlord etc).

The Mor Prom app is an application released by the Thai Government for Thai’s to book and obtain the vaccines. Many foreigners with the Pink ID found discovered that they could use the Mor Prom app alongside Thai’s to book and secure their vaccine.

Back in early May I used the Mor Prom App (with the help of my Wife) to book the Vaccine using the Pink ID - I received my vaccine last week. 

-----------

The Thai government has been making a lot of u-turns and generally confusing the issue (complete ineptitude). 

The Mor Prom app was cancelled in favour of other booking methods. 

There was confusion as ’some’ existing bookings were cancelled, others were not. 

Then the other methods were cancelled and once gain Mor Prom is the app in favour but the bookings all seem full. 

There - Thai government spewing a simple thing up:

How easy would it have been to have one app where everyone, Thai, foreigners, migrant labourers all registering in one place ???? 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 1:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

If you a search you will find a LOT of threads on the Pink ID card and the registration with Mor Prom application. 

This has to be one of the most widely discussed topics on this forum lately (since may) - there’s lots of info out there. 

----------------

To answer your specific questions: 

The Pink ID is a card issued to foreigners (pink) colour which states is not an ID card, but can be used as and ID card and is accepted in most places as an ID card. 

The Pink ID can be acquired after a foreigner obtains a Yellow Tabien Baan house book.

Acquisition of the Yellow Tabien Baan house book requires a little leg work, permission and assistance from the ‘house owner’ (wife or landlord etc).

The Mor Prom app is an application released by the Thai Government for Thai’s to book and obtain the vaccines. Many foreigners with the Pink ID found discovered that they could use the Mor Prom app alongside Thai’s to book and secure their vaccine.

Back in early May I used the Mor Prom App (with the help of my Wife) to book the Vaccine using the Pink ID - I received my vaccine last week. 

-----------

The Thai government has been making a lot of u-turns and generally confusing the issue (complete ineptitude). 

The Mor Prom app was cancelled in favour of other booking methods. 

There was confusion as ’some’ existing bookings were cancelled, others were not. 

Then the other methods were cancelled and once gain Mor Prom is the app in favour but the bookings all seem full. 

There - Thai government spewing a simple thing up:

How easy would it have been to have one app where everyone, Thai, foreigners, migrant labourers all registering in one place ???? 

Thanks. I don't  have a house. Most people I know have condos or businesses or blocks of flats in houses. I have never met anyone with a pink card. Only heard about them on Thai Visa. Can't see how they link to vaccines.  All my banking, insurance,  medical are linked to my passport  and phone  numbet