Thailand reports 4,059 new COVID-19 cases, 35 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, club said:

It was easy enough for 1.5 million to fly out on international flights and infect the world

Indeed it was.

Although that was before the lockdown wasn’t it. So not really relevant to the issue of whether it was easy to lockdown wuhan, a city of 11 million people, but much more difficult to lockdown London, a city of 9 million people.

but thanks for the smart Alec comment.

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

To answer you succinctly, there are studies that have shown that becoming overweight is a major risk factor in developing type 2 diabetes. So today, roughly 30 percent of overweight people have the disease.  Type 1 diabetes is less common than type 2 and approximately 5% to 10% of people with diabetes have type 1.  Mine is classified as steroid induced diabetes, which is not very prevalent.  80% of all diabetics are overweight and diabetes is what causes people to put on the pounds.  As a diabetic, type 2, loosing weight is extremely hard because your body tries to hold onto the sugars and fat storage.  Type 1 diabetics are generally thin.

It is an insidious disease and one that apparently Covid loves to exploit and diabetes covers many of the bodies systems and functions.

Stay safe @ThailandRyan

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I do like a challenge ????????????????

but how boring for everyone else……

Hah definitely not boring. Always fun to see how he'll spin your post into some other BS about how he's not wrong

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

I truly respect your dedication to trying to get him to admit he was wrong, but it's not going to happen.  For people like him, it's physiologically impossible to admit being wrong about anything.

You can keep throwing out his actual words to show how and why he was wrong (in an informed and orderly manner such as how you've been doing), and while it's clear as day to all of us, someone like him will dig in and find any sort of semantics or "well I REALLY meant this" they can instead of just saying, "hand up, I was wrong and you were right"

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be wrong about or why it matters so much!  I don't think Thailand is ready for or would put up with a "Chinese style" lockdown.  I quite accept others disagree.  As for comparing what happened in China with Boris' weak government, I just find it ludicrous to suggest that they were the same.  But Mr Wensien seems to think our disagreement is important and for some reason it bothers him.  For that, I'm sorry, and apologise.  Hopefully we can now move on as this silly argument, while mildly amusing, isn't really relevant to the topic of the thread.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be wrong about or why it matters so much!  I don't think Thailand is ready for or would put up with a "Chinese style" lockdown.  I quite accept others disagree.  As for comparing what happened in China with Boris' weak government, I just find it ludicrous to suggest that they were the same.  But Mr Wensien seems to think our disagreement is important and for some reason it bothers him.  For that, I'm sorry, and apologise.  Hopefully we can now move on as this silly argument, while mildly amusing, isn't really relevant to the topic of the thread.

You originally referenced a "complete lockdown" as being fully restricted to one's home except for getting food and that it's not possible.  Multiple people claimed that this is in fact possible, as it's happened in the UK, Australia, and for me, happened in NYC (as well as other major cities) last Spring during weeks of shelter in place orders.  

When this was pointed out, you then completely ignored what everyone said and decided to harp on how Thailand wouldn't be able to enact a "Wuhan-type lockdown," which not a single person said they could or should do. 

This is what wensiensheng kept on pointing out, in clear and certain terms, and you kept on completely ignoring while continuing to change the topic to something that nobody had been or was discussing, the "Wuhan lockdown".

If you could merely admit that the "complete lockdown," AS YOU ORIGINALLY DEFINED IT, is possible and has been successful in multiple other countries / cities, then we can finally move past this and stop thinking you're a sociopath that's unable to admit being wrong

Edited by phills2k1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

You originally referenced a "complete lockdown" as being fully restricted to one's home except for getting food and that it's not possible.  Multiple people claimed that this is in fact possible, as it's happened in the UK, Australia, and for me, happened in NYC (as well as other major cities) last Spring during weeks of shelter in place orders.  

When this was pointed out, you then completely ignored what everyone said and decided to harp on how Thailand wouldn't be able to enact a "Wuhan-type lockdown," which not a single person said they could or should do. 

This is what wensiensheng kept on pointing out, in clear and certain terms, and you kept on completely ignoring while continuing to change the topic to something that nobody had been or was discussing, the "Wuhan lockdown".

If you could merely admit that the "complete lockdown," AS YOU ORIGINALLY DEFINED IT, is possible and has been successful in multiple other countries / cities, then we can finally move past this and stop thinking you're a sociopath that's unable to admit being wrong

OK, but I still don't believe the Chinese lockdown in Wuhan was remotely comparable to the UK lockdown, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. This forum is about opinions, after all.

When I said that the "complete lockdown" I described was "not possible" I meant, not possible in Thailand (perhaps that wasn't clear, for which I apologise). I still believe that, but quite accept that some disagree.

I do find it somewhat amusing that my post has caused a few people so much angst! It certainly wasn't intended. Maybe it's a sign of the times and we all need to get away from our keyboards and chill out! 

Goodnight.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Indeed it was.

Although that was before the lockdown wasn’t it. So not really relevant to the issue of whether it was easy to lockdown wuhan, a city of 11 million people, but much more difficult to lockdown London, a city of 9 million people.

but thanks for the smart Alec comment.

Big difference between one of the main financial, business, cultural, entertainment (I could go on) centres of the world and an oversized one-eyed hole (nothing personal to the place or inhabitants). 

Where applicable free world democracy and communist dictatorship may be inserted. 

Am off now hoping to sleep through the football, last time I didn't sleep till 5 then woke at 7 and spent the day feeling like a bag of washing. 

Edited by rott

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

OK, but I still don't believe the Chinese lockdown in Wuhan was remotely comparable to the UK lockdown, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. This forum is about opinions, after all.

When I said that the "complete lockdown" I described was "not possible" I meant, not possible in Thailand (perhaps that wasn't clear, for which I apologise). I still believe that, but quite accept that some disagree.

I do find it somewhat amusing that my post has caused a few people so much angst! It certainly wasn't intended. Maybe it's a sign of the times and we all need to get away from our keyboards and chill out! 

Goodnight.

How can one person be THIS dense?

Dude, your exact words were:  "By a 'complete lockdown', do you mean not allowing anyone in the country to leave their home for any reason except to buy food?  I don't think even Thailand's government could ever pull off or get away with such a Chinese Communist style restriction of people’s liberties”

You defined "complete lockdown" as people being restricted from leaving their homes except for getting food. We didn't define "complete lockdown" this way, you did.  What Wuhan did was vastly different than your own definition of "complete lockdown," and completely irrelevant for this conversation.  And based upon YOUR definition of "complete lockdown", multiple countries and cities successfully enacted said lockdown over the past year, and what's what people are saying could successfully be done here.

If you want to have a conversation about what Wuhan, where they literally locked people into their homes and didn't let them leave, then that's a different story and completely different from what was being discussed, based upon YOUR original post.  What people are looking for you to say is, "you're right, the complete lockdown I originally referenced (which entails only being able to leave to get food etc) was successfully enacted in multiple places and the rule could be enacted here"

Or to just acknowledge that you're changing the definition of "complete lockdown" to now mean what Wuhan did, which differs from your original post

And to everyone else, sorry for the posts. I know it's become a matter of principle at this point, but just ONCE, it would be nice for a stranger on an internet forum to admit they were wrong about something (even if it's only to say they misspoke in the beginning)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AnnieSeek said:

At least they've started to do more than 3000 tests. 

possibly because they were showing symptoms as they walked into the hospital.  Had another ambulance roll up to the Soi next door to us last night after dark with the spray rig in tow and pick up another patient.  Watched it from the balcony, as they made an announcement over the loudspeaker they had informing everyone to stay indoors while they dealt with a Covid patient and sprayed the area ....crazy

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

possibly because they were showing symptoms as they walked into the hospital.  Had another ambulance roll up to the Soi next door to us last night after dark with the spray rig in tow and pick up another patient.  Watched it from the balcony, as they made an announcement over the loudspeaker they had informing everyone to stay indoors while they dealt with a Covid patient and sprayed the area ....crazy

Blimey, sounds surreal, but maybe not to you as you used the word 'another' you're maybe used to it...............almost sounds like a disaster movie.......................interesting really how one gets hardened to things living in Thailand that one would never experience in the West.............................

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think you are right. With anyone who has tested positive being removed from their homes via ambulance and taken to a facility it is surreal.  It is more than likely also why this virus continues to spread as people do not want to be separated from their families if they are found positive and so do not go and test.  Just watched the morning news where they showed a very young child being loaded into an ambulance and screaming because they did not want to go alone.  Stories like that just <deleted> me off.

And also those poor people who had to live in tents because no beds were available. My heart goes out to all of those people

• Like 2

COVID-19: Thailand reports 51 more deaths and 3,174 new case

2021-04-26T031724Z_1_LYNXMPEH3P04F_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND copy.JPG
REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand on Wednesday (June 23) reported 3,174 new COVID-19 cases and 51 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1221390-covid-19-thailand-reports-51-more-deaths-and-3174-new-cases/

//CLOSED//

/Admin

• Thanks 1