Thailand reports 4,059 new COVID-19 cases, 35 more deaths

webfact

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You mean like the one that they do in Australia.

I've no idea.  Was that similar to the Wuhan one?

A quick look on Google suggests Australia relied on very strict border controls, but I can't see any reference to a complete lockdown of people in their homes.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I’m not saying that it is a good thing, but from what I understand from my sister, they did exactly that in the UK for 4 months until they got deaths and cases down and vaccinations underway.

of course, they had several thousand deaths a day to contend with.

The UK lockdown was quite strict back in Spring 2020 but not to the same extent as the Chinese version. However, unlike Australia and Thailand, the UK didn't close the borders! 

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Schools in several provinces closed as COVID-19 infections re-emerge

Schools in several of Thailand’s provinces have been ordered to close, just a week after the start of the new school term, as a number of students have been found to be infected with COVID-19.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/schools-in-several-provinces-closed-as-covid-19-infections-re-emerge/

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I would never say that the Covid situation is "great", but I still think that relatively speaking the numbers in Thailand are low (especially fatalities) and that the continual relaxing of the restrictions that we are seeing will do more good than harm.

Position 76 out of a couple of hundred, now in the worst half of the table and heading up.... wasn't long ago they were well below the mid-line about 170th.  Damage has been done in the last 3 months......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

By a "complete lockdown", do you mean not allowing anyone in the country to leave their home for any reason except to buy food?  I don't think even Thailand's government could ever pull off or get away with such a Chinese Communist style restriction of people's liberties! 

The Chinese communist style restrictions did a good job of restricting the amount of deaths to there people from covid 19 .

What ever you think about the Chinese they acted quickly .

Hopefully the Thai government can do the same if the situation becomes worse .

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Schools in several provinces closed as COVID-19 infections re-emerge

Schools in several of Thailand’s provinces have been ordered to close, just a week after the start of the new school term, as a number of students have been found to be infected with COVID-19.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/schools-in-several-provinces-closed-as-covid-19-infections-re-emerge/

Dont know what Loei governor doing?! Maybe play hes weeny, coz just find 14 case in one school close  our village and always both villages people visit in same market! Good my Mrs and her girl are in town home!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

The GF just got a call from her aunt in Bang Na, the family of 5 including her Thai husband and three sons were just picked up by ambulance and taken to the hospital as they all tested positive.  Apparently this is another cluster from inside a Mooban that also is next to a dormitory style set of condos where many Myanmar migrants who work at Suvarnabhumi live as well as only about 1km from a large mall.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet, the Sandbox plan is still moving full steam ahead.  I see a titanic sized mess coming up.

I see it going on no matter what.

The PM seems to want things to move on and verbally accepts the risks.

"I know this decision comes with some risk because when we open the country, there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions.

"But I think, when we take into consideration the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take that calculated risk."

So interesting remember that Egyptian solder in Rayong last year and how upset the PM was about the one case?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

"I know this decision comes with some risk because when we open the country, there will be an increase in infections, no matter how good our precautions.

"But I think, when we take into consideration the economic needs of people, the time has now come for us to take that calculated risk."

So interesting remember that Egyptian solder in Rayong last year and how upset the PM was about the one case?  

And we should get the nod from the Cabinet todayre the 'Sandbox' and other provinces opening up later.

Edited by anchadian

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They are going to edge their risk to 90 cases per week before pulling the plug. In other words let it spread again nicely first:

"For the past week, new cases in Phuket have only been single digits. Twenty eight in total. If it reaches 90 cases in one week, or multiple clusters, then the #PhuketSandbox could be cancelled or restricted"

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1407214747129323529

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yep a 180 degree turn, because after all it's about money. Money he does not want to spend and money to be made from the cash cow tourists.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

It’s 4000 new cases which towns or cities are they from when they give the numbers I just like to know what areas of the country it is  TIT

Many people from those areas probably will be heading to Phuket for work.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Got my AZ vaccine booked in for the 28th June in Phuket so no problem..................ooops as long as its not the beta...aaargh

My AZ vaccination has been confirmed by e-mail for the 24th.  Just wondering how waiting for another 4 months for that second jab will work out.  I do remember I was able to book at my local private hospital after July 1 using the Mor Prom app awhile back, wonder if I will get an email saying that is still a go, and if so might chance them denying me if I showed up their as well.....lol

• Haha 1

Covid-19 patients who had to live in tents due to lack of hospital beds finally finds care

Seven people infected with Covid-19 who made headlines around the country for camping outside their flats in Din Daeng due to the lack of hospital beds has been given help, an official told Thai Enquirer on Tuesday.

“They have now been transferred to the Hospitel at Baiyoke Tower II,” Wan Uthaisri, the Head of Environment and Sanitation of the Din Daeng District Office told Thai Enquirer.

The District worked with the National Housing Authority of Thailand in relocating the patients and the tents have been removed.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28850/covid-19-patients-who-had-to-live-in-tents-due-to-lack-of-hospital-beds-finally-finds-care/

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2