Thailand reports 4,059 new COVID-19 cases, 35 more deaths

webfact

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

This may be an artifact.

There is sometimes a spike for Tuesday’s numbers due to pileups of lab tests over the weekend. There is a good chance that tomorrow’s numbers will be significantly lower.

It's also a great indicator of the Thai daily upper testing\confirmation limits which appear to be at about 2500\day.

Thailand’s Department of Medical Services (DMS) is warning of false positive COVID-19 test results by private laboratories, as many factories and organizations are currently using these laboratories for the screening of new employees.

DMS Director-General Dr. Somsak Akkasilp said the department’s 1668 hotline is now being overwhelmed by people asking for hospital beds, after testing positive for COVID-19 in these private labs. These positive results could be false, as these labs often use the rapid test or antigen test method, which is cheaper than the standardized RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) type and inferior in terms of accuracy.

He explained that the 1668 hotline can only assign hospital beds to patients who have a confirmed positive result using the RT-PCR method. Patients who do not have one will need to be tested again. This eventually delays their hospitalization, which could affect the overall prognosis.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158098571142050

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Where’s Brewster budgen telling us all is going great 

open everything ????

I'm here!   To be honest, there's not much left that is still closed down.  For me (as you know) it's schools, but it seems they will re-open next month (too late for my kid as he will be on summer holidays), and then the bars/clubs which I suspect will be the last places to re-open, which is a great shame for all those involved in the hospitality/entertainment business.

I would never say that the Covid situation is "great", but I still think that relatively speaking the numbers in Thailand are low (especially fatalities) and that the continual relaxing of the restrictions that we are seeing will do more good than harm.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, anchadian said:

After a poor performance over the weekend, the vaccination rollout is back to 200K per day. But still half what they achieved on the first two days. It’s not as if there’e not enough willing people. Even on Phuket expats tell me they are still waiting for their first appointment.

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 1: 416,847

DAY 2: 472,128

- - - -

DAY 8: 323,060

DAY 9: 269,632

DAY 10: 222,967

DAY 11: 215,885

DAY 12: 263,415

DAY 13: 104,095

DAY 14: 91,879

DAY 15: 227,639

TOTAL: 3,806,175 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1407197332655861764

Maybe edit that to “after a VERY poor performance at the weekend, it’s back to the normal poor daily performance”.

I hope thai people don’t get numb to the fact that a minimum of 500k is what they need to achieve each day, and for every day that they don’t, the amount goes up for succeeding days.

it’s got all the attributes of a project way off the rails atm. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Department of Medical Services (DMS) is warning of false positive COVID-19 test results by private laboratories, as many factories and organizations are currently using these laboratories for the screening of new employees.

DMS Director-General Dr. Somsak Akkasilp said the department’s 1668 hotline is now being overwhelmed by people asking for hospital beds, after testing positive for COVID-19 in these private labs. These positive results could be false, as these labs often use the rapid test or antigen test method, which is cheaper than the standardized RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) type and inferior in terms of accuracy.

He explained that the 1668 hotline can only assign hospital beds to patients who have a confirmed positive result using the RT-PCR method. Patients who do not have one will need to be tested again. This eventually delays their hospitalization, which could affect the overall prognosis.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158098571142050

These positive results could be false, as these labs often use the rapid test or antigen test method, “

or, they could be true,  could they not? Hence the need for a second test to confirm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

The only thing wrong with your logic is that there was no significant drop in the weekend figures, compared with previous days, but today we have almost double the average

If you are right, case numbers tomorrow will be similar to today. If you are wrong, there will be a big drop tomorrow.

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:

Since 1 April 2021

196,502 people infected (+21 imported and +4,038 local cases)

1,599 dead +35

35,836 in care

1,479 in ICU and 410 on ventilators

2,047 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1407210320792231938

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Senior doctor warns Sinovac should not be considered for Phuket sandbox

Travelers who have been vaccinated with Sinovac should not be allowed to participate in Thailand’s ‘Phuket Sandbox’ program, a senior doctor told Thai Enquirer on Tuesday.

The Phuket Sandbox is due to open on July 1 and will be a major milestone in the government’s quest to reopen the country by October.

As it stands, tourists that have been vaccinated with AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac, and Sinopharm vaccines will be allowed to enter Phuket freely.

More:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28837/senior-doctor-warns-sinovac-should-not-be-considered-for-phuket-sandbox/

NOW he says this? There are just eight days left, are there not?

• Like 1

Of the 4,059 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 2,257 were found at medical facilities

- 1,706 via pro-active tests at known clusters

- 75 via pro-active tests at prisons

- 21 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1407211005139066880

• Thanks 1

Only a complete lockdown right now can prevent a major disaster in the making.  The virus is not known for anything other than rapid contagion and exponential growth.  Of even more concern is the emergence of the SA variant, which will impact on the effectiveness of vaccines, perhaps especially the AZ jab.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Senior doctor warns Sinovac should not be considered for Phuket sandbox

Travelers who have been vaccinated with Sinovac should not be allowed to participate in Thailand’s ‘Phuket Sandbox’ program, a senior doctor told Thai Enquirer on Tuesday.

The Phuket Sandbox is due to open on July 1 and will be a major milestone in the government’s quest to reopen the country by October.

As it stands, tourists that have been vaccinated with AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac, and Sinopharm vaccines will be allowed to enter Phuket freely.

More:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28837/senior-doctor-warns-sinovac-should-not-be-considered-for-phuket-sandbox/

This could also mean that those in Phuket vaccinated with Sinovac might have to be re-vaccinated with something that actually works which would mean that 70% of Phuket would no longer be considered vaccinated hence the sandbox has been washed away once again, it doesn't look good for the sandbox.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Maybe edit that to “after a VERY poor performance at the weekend, it’s back to the normal poor daily performance”.

I hope thai people don’t get numb to the fact that a minimum of 500k is what they need to achieve each day, and for every day that they don’t, the amount goes up for succeeding days.

it’s got all the attributes of a project way off the rails atm. 

That's what I figured out also. To do that they need around 90 million vaccines to get to 70% full vaccination. 

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What does that do to the confidence of Thai (and farang) who are being offered sinovac here in Thailand. 

Crazy. 

I would say they are up fecal creek without a paddle and may have to rely on some foreigner for assistance.

Just now, RichardColeman said:

UK tests 200,000,000

Thai tests 8,000,000

Think that shows why Thailand's number are still far lower than reality. Thailand now 145th in tests per million - not exactly tourism encouraging .

That's why they are listed as an Amber country for visitors. Subject to massive restriction on travel to and from.

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

UK tests 200,000,000

Thai tests 8,000,000

Think that shows why Thailand's number are still far lower than reality. Thailand now 145th in tests per million - not exactly tourism encouraging .

Sorry RC, did they test the cows, horses and the birds too?

As far as I know, the UK has hat below 70 million people in 2019, in numbers: 70.00.000. Or did they <deleted> so much in 2019 and 2020?

• Confused 3

Just now, puck2 said:

As far as I know, the UK has hat below 70 million people in 2019, in numbers: 70.00.000. Or did they <deleted> so much in 2019 and 2020?

They test people more than once in the UK.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Up or down tomorrow it really does not matter who's right, the trend is on the up that is the important factor.

Ahh, but you are using the governments own statistics and you say they are fake. So you don’t actually know it’s an uptrend.

source: danderman in response to my post a couple of days ago ????????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Three more villages in Songkla’s Chana district have been sealed off after the number of Covid-19 infections rose to more than 100 cases.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Three more villages in Songkla’s Chana district have been sealed off after the number of Covid-19 infections rose to more than 100 cases.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1407204510603255821

/status/1407204510603255821

I wonder what variant ????

7 minutes ago, puck2 said:

500,148,116 tests in the US with a population of 332,886,703

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Only a complete lockdown right now can prevent a major disaster in the making.  The virus is not known for anything other than rapid contagion and exponential growth.  Of even more concern is the emergence of the SA variant, which will impact on the effectiveness of vaccines, perhaps especially the AZ jab.

By a "complete lockdown", do you mean not allowing anyone in the country to leave their home for any reason except to buy food?  I don't think even Thailand's government could ever pull off or get away with such a Chinese Communist style restriction of people's liberties! 

• Sad 2