Vaccination (To be or not to be)

DUNROAMIN

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Dude.

It's not that complicated. 

Nuance not needed.

"Nuance not needed". Hahahaha... I love this. In other words, you're saying "Critical thinking not required". This quote sums up public ignorance and black and white thinking perfectly. Love it.

If you are a troll, I applaud you.

Edited by jackspade
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Advocating that people get vaccinated is the opposite of trolling. 

It's not that you're not advocating that people get vaccinated that I find hilarious. You're literally advocating that people not have nuanced views regarding Covid vaccines. ????

Edited by jackspade

On 7/14/2021 at 8:08 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

Tometo tomato . You have your opinions and i have mine what's your point ?? I saw enough of your experts all over the worlds tv stations and newspapers and whatever media they got the chance to speak on . Where can you find people like doctor Reinir Feullmich getting a chance to explain their side of the story ?? There is not 1 talkshow or whatever newspaper or big tv newschannel that gives people like this a chance to ask real qeustions about this pandemic . All you see is what they want you to believe and that's what they give you 24hours a day . It would be nice if there are more programmes where you can see different sides of this story and not the programmes that are hard to find on the internet but on actual live tv . It's been proven already that big pharma wants this to go on forever because they make billions on this and only in America big pharma makes 25% of all money that is being made . Don't skate on 1 nights ice . 

Will you promise to forgo medical treatment  if you come down with COVID symptoms ?

Should be easy for you to promise that since COVID is a hoax.

Just to simplify, this is a Yes or No question.

No need for a paragraph of bloviation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

But with all the people around him working together it's a serious group of people with doctors lawyers and many other experts . 

First off, he's not a medical doctor. Second, even if he were a medical doctor or the fact that he has medical doctors in his orbit. is irrelevant. Just because doctors wear white coats, that doesn't mean that they are scientists. What percentage of virologists and epidemiologists subscribe to his claims?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

But with all the people around him working together it's a serious group of people with doctors lawyers and many other experts . 

And the worldwide teams of virologists and epidemiologists, and many other experts, working to understand and combat this pandemic aren't serious people? 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jackspade said:

"Nuance not needed". Hahahaha... I love this. In other words, you're saying "Critical thinking not required". This quote sums up public ignorance and black and white thinking perfectly. Love it.

If you are a troll, I applaud you.

It' like saying that nuance is important when addressing flat earthers against those who maintain that the earth is a sphere. It's really not exactly a sphere, but is nuance really necessary?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Read this before you choose AZ over Pfizer / Moderna

How Europe soured on the AstraZeneca vaccine (yahoo.com)

But it's not a level playing field now as far as timing. So most people here don't have a choice of brand and earlier with something is better than later with something possibly better. 

If people bother reading the article the overall conclusion is that AstraZeneca is quite decent.

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

There's nothing in there that would suggest choosing AZ over either Pfizer or Moderna would be an error. All it demonstrates is the power of big pharma to dictate the agenda, do you not wonder why it is the not for profit vaccine that had all the bad press?! 

Then I am to believe all the testing data is contrived and buy into the notion that a vaccine thrown together in 2 months @ $2 a pop is as good or better than fully tested vaccines from the proven best manufacturers in the World. Ok, that's rational thinking??

On 7/5/2021 at 4:19 AM, Kanada said:

Very few cases of the flu this last year and a half compared to years before because people are wearing masks and washing their hands etc.

I’m not a virologist, so please set me straight if my thinking is out of line here, but I have to wonder if we will see a massive spike in flu cases as the masks come off and distancing rules are relaxed. Much of the world’s population has spent the past year and a half shielding themselves from pathogens that they would normally encounter on a daily basis. Hasn’t science established that living in an over-sanitized environment weakens the immune system?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Then I am to believe all the testing data is contrived and buy into the notion that a vaccine thrown together in 2 months @ $2 a pop is as good or better than fully tested vaccines from the proven best manufacturers in the World. Ok, that's rational thinking??

The AstraZeneca vaccine has been fully tested, and no it wasn't thrown together in 2 months, it actually built on the existing work the Oxford team had already been working on since the 2014 Ebola outbreak. They developed the idea of a 'plug n play' vaccine using their engineered chimpanzee cold virus ChAdOx1 for delivery. They were planning for Disease X, when Covid-19 came all they needed was the genetic data for the Covid spike protein. 

The Oxford Jenner Institute are certainly not some new comers to virology, whilst AstraZeneca might be new to vaccine manufacture, this isn't some shonky outfit regardless how some of the press might have reported it. 
There is nothing in the article you linked to that suggests the AZ vaccine is a bad choice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Will you promise to forgo medical treatment  if you come down with COVID symptoms ?

Should be easy for you to promise that since COVID is a hoax.

Just to simplify, this is a Yes or No question.

No need for a paragraph of bloviation.

Never said covid is a hoax so can't answer your qeustiin with a yes or no . Just said there is two sides to the story and only 1 being heard . 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

First off, he's not a medical doctor. Second, even if he were a medical doctor or the fact that he has medical doctors in his orbit. is irrelevant. Just because doctors wear white coats, that doesn't mean that they are scientists. What percentage of virologists and epidemiologists subscribe to his claims?

Sorry i can't go in on your story without being banned , maybe over a cup of coffee or whatever is your beverage but not on here . Let's agree to disagree . 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

And the worldwide teams of virologists and epidemiologists, and many other experts, working to understand and combat this pandemic aren't serious people? 

Never said that but there are two(or even more) sides to every story . I am not a sheep . 

1 hour ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Let's all panic and guzzle bleach if that's the case. I have an appointment for next friday at Medpark, the 23rd at BKK Hospital, both for Pfizer and have paid already for Moderna in October. If none of those play out i'll be making a runner to get jabbed when I arrive in JFK because remaining in LOS it's a death trap, it's a suicide rap. We gotta get out will we're young. Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run.

I'm right behind you Boss

I guess that was an odd attempt at dark humor but likening AstraZeneca to bleach is ridonculous.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 1:46 PM, Jingthing said:

Advocating that people get vaccinated is the opposite of trolling. 

What a ridiculous point of view, I do not need anybody to tell me what to do or not, I am just telling people that I estimate myself too smart to use an experimental vaccine and that people who push others to vaccinate are criminals.

But if someone really decide on his own to vaccinate, his problem...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:00 PM, Jingthing said:

Tell that to the politically motivated anti vaxxer nut jobs begging to be vaccinated on their death beds too ignorant at that point to even know vaccines aren't treatments. 

If you're saying that it's logical to not prefer Sinovac brand then I would agree there is some nuance, but something is better than nothing. 

any chance that you post something smart and useful ?

stop watching TV ! only TV shows idiots asking to be vaccinated on their death beds ! 99% people who get covid do not even have to go to an hospital ! And if you consider yourself smart when using a mRNA vaccine instead of dead virus that is used since decades, your problem...

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thaicookingchef said:

any chance that you post something smart and useful ?

stop watching TV ! only TV shows idiots asking to be vaccinated on their death beds ! 99% people who get covid do not even have to go to an hospital ! And if you consider yourself smart when using a mRNA vaccine instead of dead virus that is used since decades, your problem...

This guy fits your bill, let's hope you don't get the chance to share his experience. Mr 1%.

"US radio host, Phil Valentine, 61, is currently on a ventilator in intensive care after he contracted Covid earlier this month. Valentine had previously told listeners of his ‘The Phil Valentine Show’ which airs from Nashville, Tennessee, that the Covid vaccine was only necessary for those with underlying health issues.

He said in a blog post in December: “I am not an anti-vaxxer. I am just using common sense. What are my odds of getting Covid? They are pretty low. What are my odds of dying from Covid if I do get it? Probably way less than one percent.

“If you are not at high risk of dying from Covid then you are probably safer not getting it.”

Piers Morgan has now spoken out about Valentine’s condition saying: “I pray he survives this, and then goes back on his show to tell his listeners to get vaccinated.”

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

This guy fits your bill, let's hope you don't get the chance to share his experience. Mr 1%.

"US radio host, Phil Valentine, 61, is currently on a ventilator in intensive care after he contracted Covid earlier this month. Valentine had previously told listeners of his ‘The Phil Valentine Show’ which airs from Nashville, Tennessee, that the Covid vaccine was only necessary for those with underlying health issues.

He said in a blog post in December: “I am not an anti-vaxxer. I am just using common sense. What are my odds of getting Covid? They are pretty low. What are my odds of dying from Covid if I do get it? Probably way less than one percent.

“If you are not at high risk of dying from Covid then you are probably safer not getting it.”

Piers Morgan has now spoken out about Valentine’s condition saying: “I pray he survives this, and then goes back on his show to tell his listeners to get vaccinated.”

A ridiculous idiot who cannot escape his social life and was too stupid to understand this.

But I can say What are my odds of getting Covid when living alone and only going out to buy food ?

This world is full of idiots who consider as normal to be contaminated when 90% of the population will never get it !

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

This is what's called "both sidesism". Sometimes there really aren't 2 sides. Or do you think flat-earthers are making some valid points?

Yes they are , the earth might not be flat but it's ceartenly not round as well . Try to find out why it's not possible to fly from chili to australia over antarctica . It's way shorter then how they are flying now but why can't they . And try to come up with a good answer and not with fairytale answers like your comment on my post . there are always at least two sides to a story .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2