I received my Phuket sandbox COE

DFPhuket

Congratulations and have a nice trip, which airline you're taking?  ????

I'll assist my friends & family with Sandbox COE... question: Insurance certificate and *true* flight date are not necessary in the 1st step (before pre-approval), right? (although there it's said "please attach insurance policy")

(they would first like to see if they get pre-approved, and THEN buy insurance, flights and hotels)

Edited by sallecc

1 hour ago, DFPhuket said:

and prepaid receipt covering the 3 Covid tests needed in Phuket.

Thanks DFPhuket for the heads-up. After reading other up-to-date posts on this forum I thought that the cost of the 3 mandatory C19 tests were supposed to be added to the hotel bill. Perhaps that's not been confirmed officially but any update on that is welcome. 

28 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I'll assist my friends & family with Sandbox COE... question: Insurance certificate and *true* flight date are not necessary in the 1st step (before pre-approval), right? (although there it's said "please attach insurance policy")

With the first step you indicate your anticipated arrival date, but you don't need to add any actual flight details. It can be changed later. I assume they might use the date to prioritize application reviews during busy times. 

There is a place to upload your insurance document. I don't believe if it is mandatory at that step but I'm not certain. I did upload mine. Unlike the other sections of the pre application, the insurance section isn't in red so perhaps you can be pre approved without it. The slowdown for that first step seems to be a review of the vaccination certificate. 

• Thanks 1

i got my COE a couple days ago for ASQ in BKK.  the flowchart posted on the site has the covid insurance listed as a requirement in 2nd step (with flight and ASQ) but my application was immediately rejected for no insurance after i uploaded the passport details.  i had not bought the insurance yet so that held me up for a couple days.  also, once i uploaded all my documents it took 5 business days to get my COE from the Los Angeles consulate.  my flight was still 3 weeks away when i applied so i might have been a low priority.

Edited by buick

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

are you sure about this one? first time i hear about it

now where the hell do i get it?

That wrinkle was added yesterday when the rules were published in the Royal Gazette. It took everyone by surprise - hotels and tourists - and stopped COEs from being issued for a while, but it is the rule. When you book your hotel you will be required to prepay the 3 covid tests. One on arrival, a second on day 5/6 and a third on day 13/14. I think by today all SHA+ hotels know about this and are including it (for an extra fee). The cost for the 3 tests is 8000 baht at most places. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, DFPhuket said:

The cost for the 3 tests is 8000 baht at most places. 

8000 baht for 3 tests? that is a lot !!

and how do i pay for it? on agoda.com or what?

i think i will cancell the whole trip now.

those bastards are just tripping on us,

they still live in the dream that thailand is a green country..

or just trying to milk any penny out of any tourist.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

Contact your hotel. They - not Agoda - have to also issue you the SHA+ certificate. Yes, 3 tests for vaccinated people is overkill, but the cost isn't out of the ordinary. The cheapest I've found in Bangkok for a PCR test (needed before I flew to the US) was 2700 for one. 

My attitude is anything is better than 14 days locked in a room. 

MY worry is that i will not be able to get all the documents right, than my flight will be

cancelled. i was hoping to fly on 4 july - how naive of me.

i had to see it coming.

the hotel will propably take one day to come back to me, than the COE will take few more

days...and who will lose his money if not all ready on time?

me of course.

i think i better wait it out. when they will see how few people coming - they

will ease their restrictions, no tourist will want to come with all those measures, when

countries around the world are openning to travel.

even singapore announced today it will treat corona as anoither flu. from august.

50 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

My attitude is anything is better than 14 days locked in a room. 

Yes, just spent 14 days in hotel quarinteen. Worst parts are you can't open a window or stop the aircon drying you up, but good for drying the clothes. Also the $3000 cost. This was in Aus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2021 at 6:30 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

8000 baht for 3 tests? that is a lot !!

Then maybe you should look at this list from skytrax. https://skytraxratings.com/the-varying-costs-of-a-pcr-test-at-airports-around-the-world Admittedly these are airport tests which may be more expensive than in city hospitals/clinics. Still most fall in the range of US$ 75-150/PCR-test, with some cheaper and some with outrageous prices, topped by Kansai (Osaka) at US$ 404!! 

2 hours ago, cormanr7 said:

Then maybe you should look at this list from skytrax. https://skytraxratings.com/the-varying-costs-of-a-pcr-test-at-airports-around-the-world Admittedly these are airport tests which may be more expensive than in city hospitals/clinics. Still most fall in the range of US$ 75-150/PCR-test, with some cheaper and some with outrageous prices, topped by Kansai (Osaka) at US$ 404!! 

i am not expert on PCR TESTS PRICES, but from  my experience the prices are 30-50 USD in airports.

outside airports, in rpivate clinics, the prices are even cheaper.

i just had my done for 30 USD.

osaka price might be a way to keep tourists away.

thing is that if thailand want to attract tourists, thailand has to make tourists lives easier.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, calbear09 said:

Do you need multiple hard copies of all documents? Is one copy sufficient. Will PCR test results on my phone suffice?

You need hard copies. They will not accept results on your phone.

Bring some copies of your PCR test because some air companies will keep a copy when checking in.

My COE was submitted in June for a July 2 departure. At that time they were still updating the COE website (e.g., the dropdown menu didn't list sandbox until June 28). My docs were fine but the website wasn't ready so my application was rejected so I could resubmit and add some details that were not requested in the earlier version. Those teething issues are now resolved. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelman said:

Don't know if anyone can help but I apply for visa exemption-45 days but I booked a flight 30 days in Phuket, do I buy the 30 or 45 days insurance coverage?

According to the information officials have you'll stay 30 days, so 30 day insurance is required. Whether it would be wise to have a longer lasting one is up to you.

8 hours ago, steelman said:

Don't know if anyone can help but I apply for visa exemption-45 days but I booked a flight 30 days in Phuket, do I buy the 30 or 45 days insurance coverage?

45 days is what the visa exemption lasts now, but you may return earlier.

If you have taken out a ticket for 30 days, I suppose it is because you are only going to stay for 30 days and, therefore, you only need insurance for 30 days.

As for the officials, what they are going to look at at the entrance, and when you request the COE, is that you have insurance that covers the duration of your stay, from when you arrive until you leave, that is, 30 days.