Thailand reports new daily record of 57 coronavirus deaths; 5,533 new cases

webfact

COVID1.jpg

File photo//REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (July 1) reported 5,533 new COVID-19 cases and 57 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 5,489 new infections
● 44 prison / prison infections

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 264,834 with 2,080 deaths.
(Total infections since April 1: 235,971)

The news comes as Thailand said it would import nearly four million doses of Moderna's mRNA coronavirus vaccine towards the end of this year and a further one million in early 2022, for use by private hospitals.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-07-01
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

16 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

You can be assured the numbers are 10 fold, and just a few weeks ago 

Danderman said things have peaked at 2000 and Brewster budgen said all is well, everything should be wide open!

????????????????????????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????????

Yeah, people, even our friends sometimes, are impaired in their ability to think critically.

Even Farang are often afflicted by this problem.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Songkhla just today went on a 30 day lockdown and closed its beaches due to case numbers expanding.

Lol, hardly anything resembling a "lockdown". Only difference I have personally noticed is that restaurants inside shopping malls only allow take out. Regular places are all open as usual, so are shops and supermarkets. Did hear something about a curfew, however last time that was announced, nobody seemed to care. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

You can be assured the numbers are 10 fold, and just a few weeks ago 

Danderman said things have peaked at 2000 and Brewster budgen said all is well, everything should be wide open!

????????????????????????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????????

Not "everything", although I don't think banning dine-in eating will make much difference. I've accepted that not many here or in the government care much about education! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Lol, hardly anything resembling a "lockdown". Only difference I have personally noticed is that restaurants inside shopping malls only allow take out. Regular places are all open as usual, so are shops and supermarkets. Did hear something about a curfew, however last time that was announced, nobody seemed to care. 

I misread my article, bad translating on my part it is a 30 day curfew.  If you say it is what you see then it must have been a PR stunt only along with the picture of the RTP being assigned to close of the beaches.

c1_2141259_210701063148.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Must have been a PR stunt only then along with the picture of the RTP being assigned to close of the beaches.

Wouldn't put it past 'em. Or they might enforce the closure of the beach for the weekend and <deleted> off again next Monday.