Thailand reports new daily record of 57 coronavirus deaths; 5,533 new cases

webfact

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Thinking of it - Bangkok (the Corona hub of Thailand) has limited testing due to lack of hospital beds.

Is there a figure of how many percent of tests being conducted were positive? I think that number would matter more than how many were actually found positive.

If you have 5533 positive cases... that's from how many tests? 100,000? 5%. 50,000? 10%. 10,000? 55%. 6,000? That's nearly 100%. That does make a major difference.

I previously stated a textile factory in Tat tested 1000 employees with a positive rate of 60%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that serious suggestion.

Leave the decision of weather schools remain closed or open is down parents.

Or mean just open them when teachers are vaccinated and then parents can send or not send kids to school.

Whether schools can open or not is a government/MOE decision.  Whether parents choose to send their kids back to school should be left up to parents, initially anyway. I doubt schools can combine face-to-face and online, so there would come a time when parents will have no choice, unless they can home-school.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Interesting that you had to hear that from the BBC. Seems there is a news black out in Phuket, unless it’s good news.

2 delta cases in Phuket means there are probably more that are as yet unknown. I fear that the authorities will use a head in the sand approach and not look for them….which will just make things worse later.

In P3 of today's BP Phuket's head of the public health office stated that no one in Phuket has yet been found to be infected by the Delta variant. Who to believe?

18 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

wait for few days until they start triple testing in Phuket...

Have any country doing mass test to vaccinated people? Nice to know how it shows on test when you have get 2 jab's! If like half of goming farangs give positive result and deliver right away in "covid barn".

4 minutes ago, champers said:

In P3 of today's BP Phuket's head of the public health office stated that no one in Phuket has yet been found to be infected by the Delta variant. Who to believe?

You need to ask?

actually even the authorities confirmed two delta cases in Phuket from the Madras school cluster which became apparent a few days ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

Anyone know what group(s) of people are being vaccinated in Bangkok Hospital Pattaya today?

People are swarming all over the ground floor and goodness help you if you are trying to get in the lift to/from the higher car park floors. Can anyone throw a light on this?

Nobody... just Moderna registration I bet.

58 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS:

21 June: 1,436/395

22 June: 1,479/410

23 June: 1,526/433

24 June: 1,564/445

25 June: 1,603/460

26 June: 1,662/470

27 June: 1,725/489

28 June: 1,806/510

29 June: 1,846/527

30 June: 1,911/556

1 July: 1,971/566 <—- Today

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1410474664078438401

ICU up 535 and patients requiring intubation up 171 in 11 days with everyday having an increase. Previously stated was the system was at breaking point with very little wriggle room. The above figures if it continues this way, daily infections and now Delta and Beta indicating it will, one can only conclude the situation is grave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So I'm assuming the above listed critical care patients and subset of those on ventilators also are single day records for today -- to go along with today's single day records for total cases and total deaths...

Yes I assume so, the situation is precarious at best. As you mentioned earlier even with adding extra critical care beds, the patients requiring them daily will outnumber those available and newly added. Thats not to mention the specially trained nurses that need to be in attendance for patients with this level of need and the ICU doctors. 

Where exactly are they plucking them from? I read a few days ago perhaps they will be using some military nurses and doctors but I've no heard anything since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just got home from picking my daughter up from school early as its the last day of term, listening to the radio on the drive home and the BBC world news came on and mentioned the Phuket Sandbox model that is happening today.

The BBC also said that two of the cases found yesterday (there were 7 official covid cases yesterday) were of the delta strain.

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1410480705373577217

The Phuket News reported this morning that it was social media speculation and there are no reported cases of the delta strain in Phuket. I can post the link if I have to, for what it's worth, but that report may also be pure speculation!

Edited by Rhacsyn
Changed Times to News

5 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

How can you POSSIBLY think that banning dine-in eating won't make a difference?

This is a highly contagious virus that spreads through the air and doesn't need extended periods of time to infect.

Restaurants, especially in Thailand, are extremely close quarters with poor ventilation and one asymptomatic person eating there (or server) could very easily infect every person in there.

Seriously, what's your logic behind thinking that dining in a restaurant won't be an issue for spreading the virus?

The UK's eat out to help strangely coincided with cases going up, even a local restaurant manager is sure that's what contributed to it. He said his restaurant was packed every day the promotion was available. Not sure if any official figures were published over it though. It stands to reason a lot of people sitting down, unmasked in a closed space is going to present an opportunity for virus transmission.

2 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

The Phuket Times reported this morning that it was social media speculation and there are no reported cases of the delta strain in Phuket. I can post the link if I have to, for what it's worth, but that report may also be pure speculation!

Yea thanks I did read that, however just passing on what the BBC stated.

The government is saying its fake news but...........?

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That is a tough one.... believe the BBC who have no reason to lie, but  are dealing with hearsay, or Phuket News authorities, desperate to get tourists into town and fingers In the till on the pulse of the city. Tough call.

Tough call, but a necessary evil if your trying not to scare away the few tourists or the foreign media who arrived to cover the grand shebang.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And, the number of reported daily cases in BKK Province has almost doubled over the past week to today's current record level of nearly 2,000, as shown on the second line of the chart below:

2021-07-01c.jpg.01d5d7ffccf9f077a5a6024b9e8d8ebe.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/355549022730095

It does look tenuous at best here in Bangkok.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

What is strange is that the UK has a higher vaccination level then the Netherlands yet the Netherlands have 0 deaths for a while now.

I can only comment on what I know. I had a brother who had cancer. He was very sick and it was a matter of when not if, when he passed. When he went into hospital and died the doctor said it was cancer as his low blood count and cells, which were  basically smashed through Chemo.

24 hours later, it was written down as COVID. That was May 2020. So i can say on this situation, the recorded death is very dubious.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

I can only comment on what I know. I had a brother who had cancer. He was very sick and it was a matter of when not if, when he passed. When he went into hospital and died the doctor said it was cancer as his low blood count and cells where  basically smashed through Chemo.

24 hours later, it was written down as COVID. That was May 2020. So i can say on this situation, the recorded death is very dubious.

Im sure these things happen in the Netherlands too. But would this not count as a covid and cancer death. Anyway 14 was just high compared to what we had given how good you guys were at vaccinating. We are catching up quite fast now but your rate is higher. 

Does the UK only use astra ? That could explain some things too as astra is not as good against the new variants as moderna and pfizer. Plus you guys got a larger amount of Indian people maybe that variant is more prevalent in the UK. 

Just wondering. Still the UK and Europe are slowly getting out of it while in Thailand they get deeper in the marsh.

A post containing a chart has been removed. This is because the post had no link back the the source. If you post a graphic, chart or statistics related to Covid-19, please include a link to the source.

A reply to the post has also been removed.

I think is nonsense be comparing contrys. Like in UK have bar culture and many want to go watch soccer. Other hand folks not kiss eatch other cheek when they meet somebody. Italy 3 or 4 generation live in same house like many case also in Thailand. Here in Finland almost all restrictions was off in Midsummer holiday.... and what we get right away 300+ new case. Good thing is that over 70% have get first jab and over 20% both. Anyway in every place where people gather covid will spread!

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Im sure these things happen in the Netherlands too. But would this not count as a covid and cancer death. Anyway 14 was just high compared to what we had given how good you guys were at vaccinating. We are catching up quite fast now but your rate is higher. 

Does the UK only use astra ? That could explain some things too as astra is not as good against the new variants as moderna and pfizer. Plus you guys got a larger amount of Indian people maybe that variant is more prevalent in the UK. 

Just wondering. Still the UK and Europe are slowly getting out of it while in Thailand they get deeper in the marsh.

More than 90% of all new covid cases in the UK are Delta (3 weeks ago). Likely more now. The UK uses Pfizer and AZ as its main vaccines, they ordered 100 million of each. Although they also have other brands too. 

I would not say 14 deaths is high when you have a case count of over 20,000 a day. The vaccines are doing their job.

However thats all off topic. Thailand is far behind and getting deeper into the marsh as you say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The point of looking at the official numbers is that some official data is instructive in knowing the future short term development of the epidemic.

I don't disagree with this, other than the official data doesn't help you "know" the future short term development, it helps you "form an opinion".

Unfortunately recent opinions expressed by many have proven to be hopelessly inaccurate, as you know better than anyone.

It would also, of course, help everyone form a better opinion if the official figures bore any resemblance to reality.