Thailand reports 6,087 new COVID-19 cases, 61 more deaths

webfact

COVID2.jpg
REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand on Friday (July 2) reported 6,087 new COVID-19 cases and 61 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 5,880 new infections
● 207 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 270,921 with 2,141 deaths.
(Total infections since April 1: 242,058)

The news comes as Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), was criticized by members of the public on Thursday for suggesting that people wear masks inside their homes to curb the spread of Covid-19.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-02

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

200147051_356000509351613_6728936349635074322_n.jpg

210524711_350723616566334_3163664626988284594_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

My GF, who is from MYanmar, has been trying to get registered for a vaccine, but was told "can not, Thai or falang only"  Looking to register her for the Moderna Vaccine, and she has been placed on a waiting list for our local private hospital.  She has better insurance than most, as she has a PCH Optima Plus plan, but people look down upon her as she is from Myanmar.  Her extended family all of them are now in the hospitals having been moved from the field hospital side as they are no longer asymptomatic and her two aunts are still on ventilators.

• Like 1
  • Sad 15

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Just to add to my post above regarding future death rates. If 3k daily cases results in 60 deaths a day, 6k daily cases will equal 120 daily deaths and 12k daily cases will equal 240 daily deaths.

it’s not as precise as that, but we probably need to start to get our minds around those sorts of numbers, because unless something is done to change the trajectory of the daily cases figure, they are the most probable outcome in the near term.

It will be around the average of everywhere else as long as health care doesn't collapse.  If it does, then it will be dramatic.  

I'd worry much more about long covid symptoms and life altering after effects than dying.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Just to add to my post above regarding future death rates. If 3k daily cases results in 60 deaths a day, 6k daily cases will equal 120 daily deaths and 12k daily cases will equal 240 daily deaths.

it’s not as precise as that, but we probably need to start to get our minds around those sorts of numbers, because unless something is done to change the trajectory of the daily cases figure, they are the most probable outcome in the near term.

Except that, at some point, hospitals will not be able to accept new patients, so people will die at home, and not be counted.

The obvious reaction to filled hospitals is to send asymptomatics in field hospitals into self isolation, and put symptomatic individuals in beds in field hospitals. Better for sick people to be quarantined in field hospitals than to stay at home with their families. Yeah, I know the field hospitals can’t do much for symptomatic patients, but the alternative will lead to catastrophe.

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My GF, who is from MYanmar, has been trying to get registered for a vaccine, but was told "can not, Thai or falang only"  Looking to register her for the Moderna Vaccine, and she has been placed on a waiting list for our local private hospital.  She has better insurance than most, as she has a PCH Optima Plus plan, but people look down upon her as she is from Myanmar.  Her extended family all of them are now in the hospitals having been moved from the field hospital side as they are no longer asymptomatic and her two aunts are still on ventilators.

You forget Thais are the superior race

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Weekly community cases trend line shooting up. I've gathered the data for this chart from the total official numbers of community cases announced daily into weekly totals and gives a good indication of the very worrying trend.

data 2 july 3.png

The epidemic seemed okay until about 3 weeks ago, perhaps the Delta variant is the problem now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

It will be around the average of everywhere else as long as health care doesn't collapse.  If it does, then it will be dramatic.  

I'd worry much more about long covid symptoms and life altering after effects than dying.  

When you say “the average of everywhere else”, I think you are talking about the percentage mortality rates prevailing in other countries. At least I presume that is the case. I am talking about whole numbers, not percentages.

it’s so much nicer to say the mortality rate is less than 1%, than say 240 people died today.

my point was, we probably need to stop thinking in terms of 50 people dying a day and mentally steel ourselves to deaths in the hundreds. At least, that is what current and likely future case numbers suggest.

I don’t know about you, but I need some time to adjust to the thought that deaths now look likely to rise to such a level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Except that, at some point, hospitals will not be able to accept new patients, so people will die at home, and not be counted.

The obvious reaction to filled hospitals is to send asymptomatics in field hospitals into self isolation, and put symptomatic individuals in beds in field hospitals. Better for sick people to be quarantined in field hospitals than to stay at home with their families. Yeah, I know the field hospitals can’t do much for symptomatic patients, but the alternative will lead to catastrophe.

Already happening.

• Like 2