Thailand reports 6,087 new COVID-19 cases, 61 more deaths

webfact

52 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I was under the same impression.

The right of return is a principle in international law which guarantees everyone's right of voluntary return to, or re-entry to, their country of origin or of citizenship. The right of return is part of the broader human rights concept freedom of movement and is also related to the legal concept of nationality.[1] While many states afford their citizens the right of abode, the right of return is not restricted to citizenship or nationality in the formal sense.[2] It allows stateless persons and for those born outside their country to return for the first time, so long as they have maintained a "genuine and effective link.

It was tested.in  High.Court inOz and found to be within gov right to prevent return due to health risk.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If I was say USA, I may have done that already.

My issue is that being Oz and not married to a Thai, the Oz gov may not allow me to return to Thailand. 

If you do want to return to Oz now there is a probable 3 to 6 months wait as repatriation quotas have been halved due to problems Oz is having with Delta variant.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Ok, I think most Aussies know the long story is that you can leave on socalled compassionate grounds IF you apply for permission to leave.

But if you are not married to a Thai and cannot show witten proof of such, proof of business or the like, you are not going anywhere as far as I know.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been let out of Australia on other grounds though. 

Approx 40k ozzies left and similar no. returned in May this year.. If your a citizens who normally resides OS.you are free to leave 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

@brewsterbudgen

Getting worse and worse do you still think opening schools is a good idea ?

Especially with the fact that there are clusters at child care too. So kids can get it too and spread it to you.

I would like to see schools reopen as soon as possible, with vaccinated teachers. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I would like to see schools reopen as soon as possible, with vaccinated teachers. 

How does that help given the outbreak infecting kids.. so an infected kid infects his friends and your kid and takes it back home.. 

What is the problem exactly is the online learning not good or do you need more free time ? just curious what the rush is if they have online learning ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for that info.

We live in a strange world. As an Australian think I can travel to USA without visa for certain period.

Bit weird to think I can likely visit USA and return to Thailand more easily than deal with my own country.

Perhaps time to look into the land of the free.

But you must admit Oz is now the land of the (almost COVID) free. 

The draconian international travel policies have worked.

15 minutes ago, Olmate said:

It was tested.in  High.Court inOz and found to be within gov right to prevent return due to health risk.

That's kind of the point. They have overwritten human rights laws with the flick of a pen, so the high court may as well be another government department.

A human rights movement took the government to court over the outgoing travel bans, since anyone leaving the country longterm is absolutely NO health risk or threat to Australia, yet the court threw it out with what seemed like zero consideration.

• Like 1

Many of my Thai FB friends are now posting tik tok videos of bodies being removed from housing estates. And this will happen more and more with stay at home orders

And they are really criticizing the government.

Critical cases now has gone from 1200 to 1900 in less than a week - or over a 50% rise now

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

How does that help given the outbreak infecting kids.. so an infected kid infects his friends and your kid and takes it back home.. 

What is the problem exactly is the online learning not good or do you need more free time ? just curious what the rush is if they have online learning ?

From a selfish point of view, my kid is no longer affected as term ended today. For me, 3 months of online classes (20 6-year-olds) has been no substitute for proper school. Hopefully schools will have reopened by the start if next term.  Less selfishly, I worry about the kids who do not have access to online learning and are probably spending all day playing with the same friends that they would have been at school with! 

1 minute ago, LosLobo said:

But you must admit Oz is now the land of the (almost COVID) free. 

The draconian international travel policies have worked.

That success was in the little league.

The new big bully came to Oz to kick some ass. 

He goes by the name Mr Delta. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So without your typical smokescreen.

When would that be possible. An approximate date. 

You put some sugar on it referring to vaccinated teachers. No mention of daily infections etc to make possible schools open

If it had been up to me, I would not have closed schools.  I doubt it would have made a huge difference to the current numbers.  In any case, I believe schools in some provinces are still open. Maybe it should be for provincial governors to decide?

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That success was in the little league.

The new big bully came to Oz to kick some ass. 

He goes by the name Mr Delta. 

Hence today's imposition of halving the already draconian repatriation quotas.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not about you who has plenty of money in your large villa where you continue to have parties with friends and are unaffected by covid though is it, thanks for the lifestlyle announcement however.......LOL

Its also not about me who lives in Phuket and has countless friends and acquaintances who have suffered deeply because of this, have lost their business's, their livelihoods and have all wished the government would have acted earlier and locked down the same as they did in the first wave.

Your age also has nothing to do with by the way. You've also totally ignored the consequences of using Sweden as a model for Thailand 

When the average age of death from Covid is 82 (at least in the UK), I would suggest that age is very relevant here.    If the average age of death from this was 20 I would actually be on your side here.   

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If it had been up to me, I would not have closed schools.  I doubt it would have made a huge difference to the current numbers

I won't even address your second sentence that once again jumps places outside of bkk.

This had always been type about schools in BKK as that's where you teach and child goes to school. 

Now you finally state with clarity that.......

"if it had been up to me,  I would never have closed schools"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Right I see where you're coming from and why you mentioned Sweden as a model for Thailand, let all the old people die in the care homes as long as people can carry on partying in their big villas with friends, plenty of money and an online business.

You accused me of having a restaurant or bar and selfishly wanting to open things up for personal reasons, I merely corrected you.   Poverty is a killer and I would like to see measures in place that prevent this as much as possible by allowing businesses that have outdoor options to continue with sensible restrictions such as 50% capacity.   

The mistake Sweden made was to let it spread in care homes.   I am not proposing the same mistakes are repeated, but everything that happened after that.  

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting also for someone to claim it is just an Artifact day and will go back down soon. 

Waiting also to suggest that schools in Bangkok need to be open back dated to weeks ago.

• Confused 1