No Moderna Vaccine Contract Received

snoop1130

14 hours ago, rodknock said:

what are they going to say when the infection rate goes over 10,000 a day and many more deaths.

Need to barrow another 500 billion to help the people? ???? Just a guess. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

that would involve using some initiative, something that seems to be lacking in almost every sphere of Thai Govt and business.

A product of their educational system and society in general. Ask no questions and never doubt those higher up.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, irishman25 said:

As you can read and see China has vaccine available and are 95% effected after 2 dose but the HATE China gang don't want the vaccine knowing that it will save lives and Thailand recovery, so many more will die and people starve no work no FOOD. but they don't care. I say let every country vaccine be available Now.

So why aren't the Thai people getting vaccinated with what China is offering? I doubt very much if the average Thai visits this forum and is refusing the Chinese vaccine based on what is written here.

15 hours ago, poskat said:

how could the people in these departments not be pressing each other for updated info and required signed forms ASAP.

It's all about face and loosing it. Pressing is "not nice", unless you are a foreigner.

• Like 1

Two <deleted>ty vaccines have a monopoly.  Sinopharm, another useless China vaccine took 24 hours for approval.

Sinovac wasn't even approved by WHO until a week ago and they didn't go through real scrutiny.

Proven Mrna Vaccines aren't aloud because a few people want to make lots of money (Tax payers money) at the expense of everyone else here.

Whats it take for the people really get <deleted> enough to get rid of these horrible people running this country?!?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shuya said:

Sometimes I wonder why this country still exists... There must be some cosmic order in this chaos...

Without help from the Real World, it wouldn't. There is not a single thing in the world that Thais have invented. Every single thing they use was invented by foreigners. What about Red Bull though? A local drink until taken over by an Austrian who knew how to refine and market it. Thai silk that is famous? An industry established by an American. Thai food? Largely based on Chinese and Indian.

• Like 1

Do I sense a mounting public rage at the legion of mis-steps by officials in a whole variety of issues?   The people, including the lovely Thais will reach a breaking point.  Perhaps I am over thinking this, but when people cannot see their way out of a disastrous situation it is not unusual for people to take radical action to try and resolve the situation themselves.

• Like 2

Correct me, if I am wrong but I believe I saw offers of local hospitals to book and fully prepay this particular vaccination product NOW for administering the jabs anytime between October 2021 and February 2022. 

If anyone would have told me two years ago, what kind of pr1cks are running this country, I would have told them to shut up. Today I know, that the "legalized" junta did possible the best jobs over the last 35 years I've been in the land. No other government, elected or not, managed to create such a fiasco while burning money left, right and centre to their own advantage - or disadvantage to the electorate. 

How long will this go on until the overfull dams are breaking all over the land? 

15 hours ago, owl sees all said:

what are they going to say when the infection rate goes over 10,000 a day and many more deaths.

They will order another submarine.......the country is sinking they may need it?

• Haha 2

Had to look up the company that is supplying the Moderna to Thailand.. Its origins are Swiss but is based in the Philippines and has a highly ethical agenda when dealing with customers.. within all of their Contracts...FIO..."It is important to ensure all of our interactions with business partners (government or commercial) are conducted with openness and transparency and in accordance with anti-corruption laws. All representatives of Zuellig Pharma are required to comply with the Anti-Corruption Policy when dealing with external parties."....one must wonder...eh..

• Haha 1

This clown didnt sign off moderna because their where no brown envelops attached unlike sinovax

So he should be removed this is why the cv19 will still be around all of 2022

China vax has more questions than ans anicdotal evisence around the world gives it an f

Ireland PE kits from china had lot of problems I would assume quality issues in china are the norm.

When in tuchom china made is always cheaper

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vinci said:

they are producing AZ in the country even that has fail because they  contract and obligation to give out half of the vaccine to other country, "facepalm" really nothing much to say

The factory may be in Thailand, and even owned by Thais, but SB are just a manufacturing Partner for AZ and AZ will use the locally made vaccines to fulfill orders worldwide, based on the order queue.

Thailand is just another client of AZ and must order and wait like anyone else.

86% of locally made AZ will be exported.

Thailand cannot circumvent the order queue, unless some agreements in the contract.

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

So why aren't the Thai people getting vaccinated with what China is offering? I doubt very much if the average Thai visits this forum and is refusing the Chinese vaccine based on what is written here.

Very true, my Mrs parents, both in their 70's won't have any Chinese junk injected, I can assure you they are not members here, friends up north, have no internet or smartphones won't have it, the anti Chinese sentiment is very strong all over Thailand from what I can see.

1 minute ago, eeworldwide said:

Which vaccines are available in Thailand for Thais or Brits?

Do you have to be of a certain age or vulnerable bracket?

60+ and/or certain diseases gives you a better chance of getting a vaccine......only Sinovac and AZ .....maybe Sinopharm, but unlikely.

Getting registered to be vaccinated has been a nightmare for many......and unachievable.....as yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the Czar had any leadership qualities he would have seen the incompetent administration of his various departments and sorted it years ago, but alas, playing in the Phuket sandbox had priority.

With the time he jerked around down there he could have hand carried the documentation between departments, thumped some desks and finalised the BS process.

IMHO The whole situation has gone passed the brown envelope stage to just plain "Ba Ba Bor Bor".

Edited by bdenner
Typo
  • Like 1

My cousin in Thailand is coming to Canada to get his 2 Pfizer shots, he got tired of waiting for the

Thai government and Health system.  I think that there are many expats that have the money, but

do not want to spend it, so we just hear you whining on this and other forums as you wait and hope

for your AZ vaccine.  Consider yourselves lucky if either Pfizer or Moderna or the J & J vaccine arrive before next year,

or before you contract the virus.  The smart people are getting out of Thailand and getting their shots, then coming back.

Maybe that is why Phuket sandbox is now open for business.  Go out,  get your shots, and return via Phuket, sounds like

a fairly simple solution to your problem.

Geezer

So the Thai government is paying Siam bioscience ?bn baht/month for locally produced AZ vaccines. Why would they want other vaccines to enter the market, that would only reduce Siam Bioscience's potential market and profits.

"Never allow a good crisis to go to waste when it's an opportunity to make money."

Edited by mackayae

Still unclear but the latest from the government is that the GPO is sitting on the contract until the hospitals pay up.

Unclear why we need the GPO and the government? Yes, indemnity for Moderna and Zuellig. But this government could have waived that. They did for SInopharm,

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 8:39 PM, moogradod said:

What is more and more amazing is the stoizism with which this is all tolerated by the Thai citizens. I can only imagine what would happen in France or Germany but maybe I am totally wrong.

In such civilised countries, free speech & public demonstrations are allowed.  Here you get arrested and/or shot.

29 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Here you get arrested and/or shot.

Meh. Maybe if you're from the "wrong" side.

Take over the airport? Sure.

Shutdown Bangkok, why be my guest.

Pesky students, lowly peasants: jail, threats, death

That said, well over a million Thais laid out ~ 5 Billion baht for Moderna. They have a lot more political and class cache than students and the plebes.

Messing with them will have repurcussions.

Edited by mtls2005

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

What a remarkable post, to a very large extent either ignoring or failing to understand the dilemma facing many expats here in Thailand. Your cousin has the money, and lack of restricting ties here, to simply go to Canada and get vaccinated - a lucky chap, good for him! Many do not. There are probably as many reasons or combinations of reasons as to why we cannot all emulate your cousin as there are individuals who find themselves unable to go.  For the sake of making my point I will explain my circumstances. 

I live and work here. If I were to decide to up sticks and return to the UK to get vaccinated it would have a number of consequences. First, with waiting for the second shot, and the various quarantines it would take several months. That would mean abandoning my teenage daughter (who I am bringing up as a single parent), abandoning and losing my job, and abandoning my home and my three dogs (that last may seem inconsequential to some but it matters a lot to me), During this period my visa would expire, and I would not be here to renew it. I Couldn't renew it anyway as I would have to use the money on which it is dependant to travel to and live in the UK for those months. Lastly, I would doubt whether i would be able to afford to return to Thailand and start again. I am not complaining about my circumstances, I made my bed and I sleep in it, for the most part, quite comfortably and happily; but perhaps you can see how superficial your suggestion that we should all " Go out,  get your shots, and return via Phuket," is, for me and, I am sure, many others.

Now as for whining, yes I complain. I complain about two separate issues. Firstly I complain that having categorically stated, to us and to my government, that expatriates in Thailand would be treated exactly as the rest of the population, they very obviously are not, and are being refused registration and or vaccination on a wide scale notwithstanding declarations of recognising vulnerability and clinical need. This is particularly invidious for a UK citizen as the UK was largely responsible for developing, trialling and funding the AZ vaccine, and licenced it to Thailand on very generous terms. That is my first point of complaint (whine if you like).

My second whine, and one which is echoed widely throughout the whole country, by expats and natives alike; is at the inchoate, incompetent and wildly dishonest way in which the whole vaccination programme is being run by this government. Of course as an expat I have perhaps rather more latitude to complain than a Thai - although I do sometimes worry that I am "pushing my pulheems" so to speak at times!

Incidentally I would be more than willing to "go private" and pay for vaccination. This is not an option though is it? They have even managed to <deleted> that option up! I am suspicious of price gouging, and  fully expect that in time a variety of "agents" will surface offering various "routes to vaccination"!

All in all, perhaps you can understand now quite how superficial your suggestion is? I am sorry if I have offended, but it needed to be said.

You need to stop mincing your words and say what you mean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1