As the Sandbox launches, Patong is left silent and in the dark

webfact

44 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Here's the reason why it is likely to remain in shutters for some time

"We were given a test kit and was directed to go outside to do it. I thought we would do it ourselves like in the USA, but no no no….

This step is brutal  In my whole 5 times covid testing experience, this one is the most painful, far more painful. No need to explain, I just cried, everyone had red eyes and tears were rolling down our faces. I strongly suggest this step to be RT-qPCR. ****   "

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

So sorry, I apoligise for my mistake. But as I said if they want to leave the sandbox paradise  to vist say Bangkok it is in lock down (Basically) no bars open, no alcohol served in restaurants, no dine in service ( have seen a few sneaking  and offering dine in  )   seen a few massage places  open.  Malls closing early .    Same  in Pattaya.

Not the same in Pattaya. How many factually incorrect posts do you intend to put in this thread?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, johng said:

Enjoy-your-sandbox-vacation-correction.jpg.274d7a1fc7aa4f84bc0a1e126aad28c3.jpg

Haha. I understand that multiple requirments are difficult to grasp for some of the slower and older people. My suggestion for those would be to either; stay in their home country, their little appartment in bangkok or their threehut in Isaan. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Did you read it? It's a very positive report...1h30m and all was done.

Almost similar to getting through customs at Suvarnabhumi pre Covid19.

Yes: same, same, but different ????????????????????

Edited by Espanol
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Eibot said:

stay in their home country, their little appartment in bangkok or their threehut in Isaan. 

I think most people would agree with that  who (unless absolutely necessary)  would want to jump through these hoops and subject themself to  these intrusions  for a "relaxing holiday in paradise"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, johng said:

I think most people would agree with that  who (unless absolutely necessary)  would want to jump through these hoops and subject themself to  these intrusions  for a "relaxing holiday in paradise"

I appreciate your opinion. Looking at the activity on Facebook groups for the sandbox, I think plenty of people want to come.

If that is most people or not seems irrelevant. Plenty have come and more will come.

Edited by Eibot
Spelling
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, gim12 said:

how can you put a positive spin on taking 1.5 hours to process 100 people after months of planning?

How can you put a negative spin on finally being able to enter Thailand without quarantine after being closed for 16 months?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

And there are many very positive reports.

I get really tired of all the nay-sayers here, who have been proven wrong already, still trying to show this a failure.

Nothing to do with nay saying is it! I want it to work as its proving my very expensive time consuming frustrating exercise in Thainess try doing it if you want to know what tired is ????

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, pagallim said:

It will take a week or so for those who have made it to spread their stories through social media which will either encourage or deter others.

Deter. No doubt about it.

So far I'm seeing from posts:

1. You are required to scan QR code at the hotel twice a day (morning and night).

2. You are locked in your room for the first night - test results only arrive the next morning.

3. If you're meeting a girlfriend there, she can only join you on the second night. You waste a whole day sitting in your room doing nothing.

Just wait until we start hearing about people getting positive results on their second or third tests - 14 days locked up in an unconditioned hospital room - and that's the best case scenario. It's coming.

I was planning to go this week, however changed my mind and decided to postpone. It's way too risky (14 days), and not nearly enough reason to go. I'll wait until either nightlife reopens or rules are relaxed - preferably both.

Might have to wait a long time, but on the upside - it's now much easier to import your Thai girlfriend to another country, if she's vaccinated.

On 7/2/2021 at 10:15 PM, RichardColeman said:

I guess in the apocalypse you can park anywhere !

1625217313_1-org.jpg

I'm not familiar wit the area. Is the apocalypse an area of Patong or a nightclub or what. Just in case I ever visit I'll know where to park.  ????

13 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Deter. No doubt about it.

So far I'm seeing from posts:

1. You are required to scan QR code at the hotel twice a day (morning and night).

2. You are locked in your room for the first night - test results only arrive the next morning.

3. If you're meeting a girlfriend there, she can only join you on the second night. You waste a whole day sitting in your room doing nothing.

Just wait until we start hearing about people getting positive results on their second or third tests - 14 days locked up in an unconditioned hospital room - and that's the best case scenario. It's coming.

I was planning to go this week, however changed my mind and decided to postpone. It's way too risky (14 days), and not nearly enough reason to go. I'll wait until either nightlife reopens or rules are relaxed - preferably both.

Might have to wait a long time, but on the upside - it's now much easier to import your Thai girlfriend to another country, if she's vaccinated.

Well the first 3 points don't seem to much of a problem and are probably sensible anyway. Certainly better than 14 days shut in a hotel

16 hours ago, kimamey said:

Well the first 3 points don't seem to much of a problem and are probably sensible anyway. Certainly better than 14 days shut in a hotel

Why does everyone keep comparing it to ASQ? I've done ASQ. Yes- of course it's better than ASQ. But I wasn't a regular tourist when I did that - I was planning on staying a while. For a regular tourist planning on staying for a week wasting your first night is quite a bummer, as are all the other rules. If the intention is to provide ASQ replacement for expats then they've done a great job. If they expected actual tourism, well, not so much. 300 a day or so is what they're getting now, and that's what they're going to keep getting unless they relax the rules and make it less difficult. On the upside(?) - they're not going to have enough people testing positive to brand it a failure for the simple reason that they won't have enough people. ????

• Like 1