New skate park under Bali Hai overpass certified by safety inspection team, ready for opening soon

webfact

pa.jpg

Pattaya-A technical and safety team has inspected and approved the new sports fields under the Bali Hai overpass this past weekend, stating they meet Thai standards. This includes a much-anticipated skate park.

Yesterday, (July 3rd), the Pattaya City Administrative Deputy Chief Officer Mr. Kieatisak Siwongchai, and a technician from the Thailand Extreme Sports Association Mr. Kowit Thitiroongrueang inspected the extreme sports field after the construction was completed by third-party contractors.

Mr. Kowit told Pattaya News reporters, “The extreme sports field, especially the skate park, has been tested and certified and passed all safety tests, according to the Thailand Extreme Sports Association.”

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/04/new-skate-park-under-bali-hai-overpass-certified-by-safety-inspection-team-ready-for-opening-soon/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2021-07-05
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya-A technical and safety team has inspected and approved the new sports fields under the Bali Hai overpass this past weekend, stating they meet Thai standards. This includes a much-anticipated skate park.

Looking at what is visible in the op photo it lacks any imagination at all.

• Like 1

I see these skate parks sprouting up in a lot of places. I've never seen anyone using them or even a place to buy skateboards.  Very dangerous sport.

It's kind of like those overpriced street lights. 

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Best to keep a couple ambulances nearby on standby 

Yes just look at the very sharp corners on that  raised ledge of concrete the "kids" will use for sliding along

would have taken very little effort to radius the corners.

• Like 1

Skateboarding is an anti-social-destructive activity,  why it needs to be confined to skate parks.

But that looks as if it was designed without understanding the basics.  The ramp is too steep more specifically the essential transition from flat to vertical is wrong. The tunnel is just a a hazard, and why is there a bridge rail on top? Preventing most tricks a kid would want to do and to stop guys from dropping in properly!

The block feature needs metal curb rails. The whole thing looks hazardous and probably unrideable the skaters will bee back to destroying park benches and handrails with their constant gnash, gnarl ,grind.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Looking at what is visible in the op photo it lacks any imagination at all.

Oh, I don't  know.....that leg shattering concrete block in the fairway should provide test subjects for the orthopedic surgeon wannabees......

• Haha 2

I've been walking past that spot for years, sometimes stop and watch the kids skate. Seemed to be doing just fine with their own impromptu ramps.

Besides the new dangers mentioned above, I do wonder why does it need a fence? Tennis on skateboards? Some relative have a fencing company?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Emdog said:

why does it need a fence?

I suppose it will be used for other things than just skateboarding  including some ball games  so fencing it in  kinda makes sense to me    also and probably  the reason for the fence is so that a "jobsworth" can  lock the gates and close the park (due to the latest Virus)

• Thanks 1