Thailand reports 6,166 new COVID-19 cases, 50 more deaths

webfact

Government heat map chart showing the dispersion of COVID cases from people in Bangkok and adjoining provinces being found in outlying provinces during the past week -- presumably reflecting the scattering of construction workers after their work sites were closed (but not very well sealed).

2021-07-05g.jpg.6719a6605a36960d769aab2a15c4380f.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/358239599127704/?type=3

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe because they quit testing in the known clusters as they locked them inside with the bubble and seal tactic, but then I could be wrong.

If the clusters are sealed, how did they find 100 cases in the clusters? 

Just now, anchadian said:

The chairman of the Royal College of Physicians of Thailand, Air Marshal Dr. Anutra Chittinandana, is asking Thai people to enter a voluntary full lockdown in light of the disturbing number of COVID patients in general hospitals.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/voluntary-full-lockdown-proposed-by-rcpt-chair-amid-surging-covid-19-cases/

An Air Marshall none the less who is also a physician, really ? I thought the RTA taught people to fly not cut them up  !!. Must be a hot air Marshall

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But it was pulled from dubious data. Does garbage in garbage out ring any bells for you?

With some provinces almost doubling since yesterday would suggest a pretty high R0 and maybe a lack of a cap on the number of tests or not having reached a cap yet which seems to give a better idea of how fast it's spreading in some places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

You raise an interesting question vis a vis sinovac compared to other vaccines.

start at the beginning. sinovac is better than nothing. So it’s reasonable to assume more would have contracted the virus and died had they been given nothing. That’s point one.

next, should the authorities have got a higher quality vaccine in terms of efficacy. Yes of course, but for whatever reason, they didn’t. That’s point two.

But the next issue is the one that interests me. Now that they are where they are (2 doses of sinovac, delta infections, cases of vaccinated doctors rising, is it now possible to boost with additional doses of different vaccines?

I’m interested because in the eventuality that I actually get offered a vaccine in Thailand, it maybe sinovac. So do I take it so as to get some protection now, with the eventual aim of getting another vaccine later?

If I do that, the issue for me is, what does a double dose of vaccine do to my body? We aren’t talking tried and tested here, it’s all fairly experimental.

I’m not expecting an answer and I’m sure people will differ in their opinions, I’m just offering up the issue of just how many different vaccines can you pump into your body within, say, one year? 

I’m veering toward taking whatever I might eventually get offered now, then Pfizer/Moderna if it becomes available next year. Still, at the back of my mind  there’s a niggle about such a cocktail inside of me. Just taking sinovac now and nothing later is expedient, but  a temporary solution really in my mind.   Variants  have already overtaken that vaccine in my view.

anyway, there is no right answer and it is each to their own.

I have read some reports that dual vaccines seem good, sorry I did not save the articles.

Also some good reports of the Sinovac oit of Turkey; 80+% effective against the original strain.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

BREAKING! PM Prayut under self-isolation after exposed to an infected Thai man during a selfie at #PhuketSandbox event.

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1411951826916675585

The prime minister had to take a covid test this morning following news that someone at the #PhuketSandbox opening ceremony (left in this selfie) tested positive. The PM’s test result was negative. It is not known if the PM and others at the event will now self-isolate

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1411950019620397056

And then you have the famously photographed 30 minute lunch break where none wore a mask.  It would be tragic if someone, or anyone of those in attendance tested positive. You have to also wonder what the numbers in Surin are and what variant it was or is that he has.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Maybe those were the really sick ones who had to be moved to a field hospital, so they would have had to test them

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwaibill said:

I have read some reports that dual vaccines seem good, sorry I did not save the articles.

Also some good reports of the Sinovac oit of Turkey; 80+% effective against the original strain.

The original strain is oh so yesterday.............

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I know this might sound a bit out there and it is only speculation or a guess if you will but maybe, just maybe medical personnel don full PPE and go in there to test. Don't know where the 100 number came from. That seems a rather unrealistically low number. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Hmm, you may well be right. But don’t forget that a big mass of vaccinations (below target but still a mass) took place on June 7th, 8th and 9th. Those people aren’t scheduled for their second jab yet. 

the sinovaccers should be in a couple of weeks, the AZ’ers, much later. You should see a bigger movement in second jabs in the latter half of this month.

We will wait and see if this is the case or not.

I would still have expected some movement in the single Vaccinations over the last few Days, but there had been very little.

Trend lines in daily new COVID cases for Bangkok and its adjoining 5 provinces (in blue), the country's other 71 provinces (in green), and the nation as a whole in terms of domestic cases (in red) -- again, showing greater recent case growth outside of the Bangkok metro area.

2021-07-05d.jpg.4d67a32bbd7cc2a30306e131f322218d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/358239292461068/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the daily domestic case counts for Thailand and Bangkok province for the past week. After hitting a record high of 2,267 cases last Friday, Bangkok cases have tapered off the past three days (although today's and yesterday's reports reflect the weekend days of Saturday and Sunday):

2021-07-05f.jpg.4c6db638f5f6574938ec688418ccfbe8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/358239559127708/?type=3

7 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Like  have been said here before in 3 month time from 0 to 6000/day! From Hopkins data:

1747522282_Screenshot2021-07-05at10_53_49.png.ca33dcaa932489600140c7ccbd078855.png

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/new-cases

Can we say its exponential or do we have to still wait that some people not get angry?

It looks suspiciously exponential to me and some provinces are starting to look exponential as well.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It looks suspiciously exponential to me and some provinces are starting to look exponential as well.

Im only stupid engineer but what they teach me that exponential is accelerating growth. Hmm... maybe im wrong but if like April had zero case, May had 2000, June 4000 and now already starting July have 6000 case.... Is that accelerating growth!? Surely numbers not going down! Maybe i look numbers in wrong way there maybe have minus sign in front!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Duh.

The concept has always been that the clusters have a semi permeable membrane.

Wherever they occur the virus can get in, but it can’t get out..

Its a wonder of the universe and only happens in Thailand

lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Im only stupid engineer but what they teach me that exponential is accelerating growth. Hmm... maybe im wrong but if like April had zero case, May had 2000, June 4000 and now already starting July have 6000 case.... Is that accelarating growth!? Surely numbers not going down! Maybe i look numbers in wrong way there maybe have minus sign in front!

I'm only a stupid survey assistant and know a lot about stupid engineers Ha Ha!I also know a lot of very clever engineers.Minus signs can be very dangerous I've seen big mistakes because of them.This time there's no mistake and no minus signs it's definitely gone exponential, and now I'll sit back and wait for the exponential deniers to start posting, if there are no posts then it must be safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

Duh.

The concept has always been that the clusters have a semi permeable membrane.

Wherever they occur the virus can get in, but it can’t get out..

Its a wonder of the universe and only happens in Thailand

lol

It must be osmosis or reverse osmosis!

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Fine. If you want to pretend that there will be zero beds available for the 6,000 new cases tomorrow, up to you.

But, in Real Life, there will be about 3,000 beds available in what will be a bit of a scramble.

For the nitpickers, I am not stating that 6,000 new cases and 3,000 discharges tomorrow are a certainty, it’s just an estimate.

It seems you are nit picking now

if tomorrow 3000 get discharge at 7am prompt and new arrivals don’t start until 7.01 there will be enough beds for numbers 1 - 3,000.

For 3,001 - 6,000 there will be no beds available.

They form an orderly queue and the next day they occupy the space created by that days departures thus meaning there are no beds available for the next 6,000 new arrivals etc etc

Question is - if they have 3,000 more cases per day than beds, where are they all going?

Edited by meltonpie

23 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

My school was closed to students but teachers went in. Now teachers must stay at home and have been told they cannot go back to their home provinces. In my opinion schools will not reopen until at the very least November. 

Quite possibly also December to mid January. Viruses like both the rainy and the cold seasons. Usually drops off during the cold season though. Probably going to be a different strain by then so no one knows for sure. Schools could be closed until the end of the year. 

• Like 1

MoPH chart showing a breakdown of weekly COVID deaths by location, with BKK accounting for a higher percentage of COVID deaths than its share of overall COVID cases. For the most recent week, Bangkok accounted for 58% of the nation's COVID deaths. But since April, BKK province has accounted for almost 32% of the country's domestic cases, and 28% of its new domestic cases reported today.

2021-07-05e.jpg.732e9532011d5a4b15dde30eb6df5ca8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/358239122461085/?type=3

• Thanks 1