Tourism chiefs want ‘Pattaya Sandbox’

webfact

"People were getting on speedboats and ferries even though there was an 8 pm to 4 am alcohol ban that had just been introduced.    In their headline they said that Pattaya tourism operators wanted their resort to be opened up to foreigners like Phuket." 

You can see here clearly - the alcohol ban alone doesn't work...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

If they want to re-open Pattaya then vaccinations for ALL residents are imperitive. And that includes expats living here - as of today we cannot even register locally as we are told Thais only. Only other option is to pay up with a private hospital for an unknown vaccine on an unknown date.

And now they want those of us on OA visas to take out insurance in case we catch covid.

Of course about the insurance .... they don't want our Covid dying cost them any money ...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

I've no issues with requiring insurance even after vaccination, as long as the rates are adjusted to reflect the miniscule risk of a vaccinated person requiring expensive care.  Even vaccinated people can test positive and need to be quarantined (under Thai practices).  And that costs money.  But they won't need $$$ ICU level care.  Sadly, the insurance rates don't reflect the decrease in risks.

i should had put the word EVEN in my line  so like this i should be :

they don't want EVEN our Covid dying cost them not  any money ... "

so it express my sarcasm properly as emoticons don't work anymore in this new forum outfit ....(strange ....might be another ccp order now,   Hong Kong rules  coming  ? )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

There is no way they will be able to control who moves in and out of the sandbox.........at least on Phuket you stand a fighting chance.

Wont work in Phuket. As soon as you step out of your hotel and take a walk there are non SHA+ certified businesses, touts, food carts, even desperate women offering whatever. What happened to covid minders? The guides assigned to stick 24/7 to keep you on sealed routes?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, fulhamster said:

If they want to re-open Pattaya then vaccinations for ALL residents are imperitive. And that includes expats living here - as of today we cannot even register locally as we are told Thais only. Only other option is to pay up with a private hospital for an unknown vaccine on an unknown date.

And now they want those of us on OA visas to take out insurance in case we catch covid.

They appear to have got you squarely by the cajones, no ?

On 7/5/2021 at 10:26 PM, david555 said:

At least he is finally leading from the front.  ????

• Haha 1