Samui Plus Program for Inoculated Tourists Should begin on July 15

snoop1130

18 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

1,000 "tourists" are going to spend 100,000 baht each?? He must be using the fabled TAT calculator ... 

Not at all unrealistic, if it's the more hi-so end of Samui-visitors that arrives, which it probably is, i.e. if staying 14 days it's about 7,000 baht a day, including accommodation. You easily pay 7,000 baht a day per person; one of the better "double-room" as Covid-bargain costs almost 20,000 baht a day, however including breakfast for two. I've seen bed'n'breakfast double-room offered for 119,000 baht a night, but that was before Covid-close down...????

18 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

1,000 "tourists" are going to spend 100,000 baht each?? He must be using the fabled TAT calculator ... 

This is it......you can see why they keep pressing the wrong buttons..............

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 07.36.39.jpg

• Haha 2

Hoping to return to Samui from UK on OA retirement extension.

Does anyone know, or can recommend Covid 100k insurance that's acceptable for OA visa types? 

My visa expires next Jan so would need 6 months insurance.

Can it be any insurance that is valid in Thailand, or does it need to be purchased from a Thai approved company?

Thanks

On my last stay in Thailand, I was in country for 2 months. I spent 100,000 baht. during that time on.  Guest houses, Motorcycle rental,                                                 meals out in restaurants and drinks in the evenings with friends, plus one local tour of Bangkok, plus bus fares to get me around in Bangkok                                              plus to Pattaya, and to Hua Hin.. That is only 5000 dollars Canadian.  I had also spent money on insurance for the 60 days, and the flight,                                        on top of what I spent in Thailand.  I know that an expat or traveler who owns their own condo, can spend less than that, but most of us tourists are not

in that boat.  My Thai relatives save me money when I spend time in Bangkok, but the pollution keeps me in other parts of the

country, as I like cleaner air. I wanted to spend 3 months in Thailand , but the Thai Consulate in Canada only had a work visa for that amount of time,                               I would have had to get a much more expensive visa if I wanted to stay 90 days, or leave Thailand after the 60 day visa and come back for

a 30 day stay. That also had complications, so I only go for 2 months of Winter escape and return to Canada in early Spring.

Geezer

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 1:16 PM, khunPer said:

Not at all unrealistic, if it's the more hi-so end of Samui-visitors that arrives, which it probably is, i.e. if staying 14 days it's about 7,000 baht a day, including accommodation. You easily pay 7,000 baht a day per person; one of the better "double-room" as Covid-bargain costs almost 20,000 baht a day, however including breakfast for two. I've seen bed'n'breakfast double-room offered for 119,000 baht a night, but that was before Covid-close down...????

A double b'n'b room for 119,000 per night.? 

What is the name of this place.?

On 7/6/2021 at 6:58 PM, Phuketshrew said:

Your using your cheap Charlie expat calculator, beer happy hour only, walk no taxi, soup cart, fan room guest house... Etc etc etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1