Expats in Thailand Can Get COVID-19 Vaccination at Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospitals

snoop1130

Regarding being proactive, since one poster insinuated that we were not, I have called various hospitals and tried to sign up on websites but it has never worked.  It may be too late for me now since I have had the sniffles and a sore throat for two days.  It may be the early stages of COVID.  I am tempted to start taking my Ivermectin but so far I have no elevated temperature and my oxy level is 98.  I sure don't want to be put into any of those crowded hospitals.  If I do have COVID, I'll opt for home treatment and isolate myself unless I develop breathing problems.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Regarding failing systems - Bumrungrad opened an online registration system for the Moderna Vaccine at 9:00 today.  all I ever got was a 404 error, never a registration.  Around 11:45, A notice was posted that said that registrations for the day were full.  I called a nurse in cardiology who said that, although I have been requesting a vaccination for many months, the only way to register was through the online site.  She advised me to try again tomorrow.  I don't know how many doses they have and whether I will be able to register on the obviously overcrowded website or not.  

Here's a link to the Thaiger story on that. I'm sorry to say, don't hold out any hopes. Another "crashing" failure.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bangkoks-bumrungrad-hospital-opens-registration-for-moderna-vaccine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

If I were you I would be extremely grateful that a vaccine against the horror of Covid even exists for you to complain about. Never in the history of medicine has a vaccine for a deadly disease been created in such a short time, in the past it would take up to ten years between research and development and clinical trials. You need to get things in perspective bro. If I had to, I would frigg in  WALK 100 miles to get one and I would do so with a smile on my face because I would live and survive where many did not. So be patient and do the best you can, because the medical profession has stepped up to create and provide these vaccines, and if the government has had trouble and been disorganized etc. remember that nothing like this has ever happened before, even the flu epidemic of 1918 had little in common with covid. For you in particular, just obey all health guidelines and lay low until the vaccine is available near you, as it surely will eventually, and sooner rather than later. Or, take a bus to Bangkok.

I find this a tad patronising to be truthful. I am well aware of the work that has gone into researching and producing the vaccine in close to record time. It is not a case of getting things in perspective at all. It is a case of practicalities in having to go to Bangkok! That is not the only place in Thailand even though everyone appears to think so. There are thousands of us who live right out in the countryside whose lives are at risk and have been treated terribly regarding this rollout. The government has totally cocked up this whole covid issue ever since they thought Thailand had got away with it and was untouchable! And the excuse that nothing on this scale has ever happened before just does not wash I'm afraid. The opportunities were there for the government to be well ahead of the game but were too interested in lining their own pockets!! We are all having to hope for the best and try to avoid catching this virus thanks to them. And by the way, there are no interprovincial buses to Bangkok and have not been for a number of weeks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Sorry I should’ve said it’s a lot easier than dying

We can only hope you carry out a full practical experiment on both scenarios and report back fully informed. We can use a ouija board if necessary ☠️ ???? 

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Regarding failing systems - Bumrungrad opened an online registration system for the Moderna Vaccine at 9:00 today.  all I ever got was a 404 error, never a registration.  Around 11:45, A notice was posted that said that registrations for the day were full.  I called a nurse in cardiology who said that, although I have been requesting a vaccination for many months, the only way to register was through the online site.  She advised me to try again tomorrow.  I don't know how many doses they have and whether I will be able to register on the obviously overcrowded website or not.  

well done for posting on this thread. now you and I are in even more competition with farang here in thailand. Thousands of people will read your comment and be competing with you tomorrow. Good on you for thinking this through

Thanks for the info about Bum.  Even though I have been a patient there for many years, they can't register me forca vaccination.  I have to struggle to register on their website.   The hospital has every bit of information that could be required to register but they won't do it for me.  What poor service!  I wonder how many hoops they think they can make me jump through.  I will try again tomorrow but I won't struggle for many days.

• Sad 1

i was at samitivej friday thats today,i took my passport and wanted the az jab.today or this mnth.ohhh nooo.so there you have its not on straight from the horses mouth.eventually i was able to get them to register me and they say ill be called the 1st week in aug to get a vaccine appt whatever that means,im an at risk person i have an existing condition thats listed.so.....your guess is as good as ....anyones

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It think that it was said in today's local post that at-risk people, including foreigners, will be vaccinated during July.  I guess that your hospital hasn't gotten the word.  I hope that you get the AZ early in August.  One dose will provide some protection.  You could follow it up with a shot of Moderna or Pfizer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting not.. I’ve got my two jabs of Sinovac in the area where I live free of charge ????

I reckon it’s better to have some protection than nothing at all

Mind yourselves out there ????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DogNo1 said:

It think that it was said in today's local post that at-risk people, including foreigners, will be vaccinated during July.  I guess that your hospital hasn't gotten the word.  I hope that you get the AZ early in August.  One dose will provide some protection.  You could follow it up with a shot of Moderna or Pfizer.  

Not really happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

thanx for ur post.

Edited by rupert the bear
i wanna delete this post

There is an excellent article about the jabs by Dr. Thitinat of Chulalongkorn on page 9 of today's local post.  I can't link it or quote it here but I am gratified that important Thai people share our concerns.

BTW, the Pfizer vaccine donated by America may not be given to any Americans although someone has suggested giving 20% of it to foreigners.  There no conditions set on the gift.  It seems that Americans are terrified of being called racists although it is hard to see how that could be construed in the situation if some portion of the vaccine were to be earmarked for the vaccination of Americans.

• Like 1

Well here we are at the first day of registration for AZ at Payathai 2.

At 08.42 the homepage would not open to access the registration link (at 09.00) due to an unsafe connection. So I thought maybe they were sorting out the registration document at the server and it would come back up at 09.00.

No such luck, but finally it returned at 09.28 saying tough sh*t this form is no longer accepting responses and has has automatically closed we’re done for the day.

Did anyone get in?

Edited by I wonder
Misspellings
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, I wonder said:

Well here we are at the first day of registration for AZ at Payathai 2.

At 08.42 the homepage would not open to access the registration link (at 09.00) due to an unsafe connection. So I thought maybe they were sorting out the registration document at the server and it would come back up at 09.00.

No such luck, but finally it returned at 09.28 saying tough sh*t this form is no longer accepting responses and has has automatically closed we’re done for the day.

Did anyone get in?

Got in to fill out the form.

Form not accepted.

Bookings full!

Needed to refresh constantly to get that far.

• Sad 1

On 7/10/2021 at 1:23 AM, DogNo1 said:

A Cruel Game?  Call me cynic but I am starting to think that the Thais are playing a game of Torture the Foreigners.  The inability of foreigners to use website after website to register for a vaccine happens too frequently to be an accident.  The brief time that the websites are open must be deliberate.  In the case of Bumrungrad where the qualifications to receive a shot determine who will get an appointment, there is no reason to make us struggle for hours to get on the site.  As with other sites, it is only open for a short period of time.  If you can't submit your personal data, you must struggle day after day to compete with others to do it.  Why can't individuals submit their data to a site that is constantly open and the staff then email the people who are selected?  Alternatively, the site could only accept applicants who meet the qualifications.  I get it!  If you only accept a limited number of applications per day then the foreigners will need to struggle anxiously for a long time.  Ha, Ha!  Mission accomplished.

Too logical. Too compassionate.

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Got in to fill out the form.

Form not accepted.

Bookings full!

Needed to refresh constantly to get that far.

Actually connected at just before 09:20, managed to submit the application,advised that I would get an e-mail to confirm, still waiting

Edited by norbra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, norbra said:

Actually connected at just before 08:40, managed to submit the application,advised that I would get an e-mail to confirm, still waiting

Wow.

That's amazing.

I tried numerous times before 9 AM and the webpage wasn't opening at all on multiples browsers and platforms. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1